Alex Collins reports in with....

MrHurricane305

Recruit
Five-star running back Alex Collins attended Miami's 90-63 win over Duke on Wednesday night and was impressed by the passion of the UM fanbase and the energy in the building.

Collins was spotted at the game leading chants with UM's mascot, Sebastian, throwing up 'The U' with fans, and storming the court with students following the game.

It was the second time Collins had been on Miami's campus in the last three days. Collins took his official visit to Miami this past weekend.

"It was an awesome experience," Collins said about the Miami basketball game. "I enjoyed hanging out with Duke Johnson and being there for that game."

Collins was shown a lot of love by the Miami student section during the game. The fans were chanting his name and Collins did his best to show them that he appreciated their support.

"They chanted my name and cheered when I stood up," Collins said. "That has never happened to me before and it really got me excited. I can't wait to experience it in college. I did throw up 'The U' and I just gave the fans what they wanted to see."

While Collins did enjoy his experience at the UM basketball game, he is still keeping his recruitment close to the vest. Collins is still considering Miami, Arkansas, Florida State, Florida, and Wisconsin. He still maintains publicly that all the schools are even right now.

"I'm highly interested in Miami just like every other school," Collins said.

Collins is taking his final official visit to Arkansas this weekend. The Arkansas coaching staff had originally planned to do an in-home visit with Collins on Wednesday night, but that visit was put on hold when Collins decided to attend Miami's basketball game. Arkansas visited Collins at his school today.

Collins is Miami's top offensive target left in the 2013 recruiting cycle. He is rate a five-star recruit by 247Sports.com.:neonu:

Advertisement
Duke's one of the best and most charismatic natural leaders we've had here. He's up there with Ed Reed. If this dude Collins doesn't gravitate to Duke then he's soulless.

Advertisement
If he doesn't end up a Cane, something seriously is wrong. Just a perfect situation: he'll get lots of touches his freshman year onward and he obviously likes the school, and the other players, enough to keep showing up to hang out.

This day could not have gone any better. I hope we all realize that in every human way possible.

Advertisement
‏@LukeStampini: South Plantation 5-star RB Alex Collins on throwing up the 'U' tonight: "I just gave the fans what they wanted to see."

He would take that quote from the story. :ohlord:

the u.jpg

‏@LukeStampini: South Plantation 5-star RB Alex Collins on throwing up the 'U' tonight: "I just gave the fans what they wanted to see."

He would take that quote from the story. :ohlord:

Stampini is another nole loving Miami hater. Its seems that the big 3 recruiting sites (rivals, scout, 247) are infested with them. its the plague.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Five-star running back Alex Collins attended Miami's 90-63 win over Duke on Wednesday night and was impressed by the passion of the UM fanbase and the energy in the building.

"They chanted my name and cheered when I stood up," Collins said. "That has never happened to me before and it really got me excited. I can't wait to experience it in college. I did throw up 'The U' and I just gave the fans what they wanted to see."

While Collins did enjoy his experience at the UM basketball game, he is still keeping his recruitment close to the vest. Collins is still considering Miami, Arkansas, Florida State, Florida, and Wisconsin. He still maintains publicly that all the schools are even right now.

Collins is Miami's top offensive target left in the 2013 recruiting cycle. He is rate a five-star recruit by 247Sports.com.:neonu:

Love seeing that

When Alex gets to the airport, will our coaching staff be there to see him off and wish him a safe return?

Advertisement
Back