Albany transfer QB Reese Poffenbarger commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
A lot of reasoning for not going after a 2 year guy was not to blow up the QB room. I understand that reasoning and can get behind it. Getting Poff and going after another guy completely destroys that argument… I don’t get it. Hope I’m wrong.
seems they got stuck with pants down waiting on ward and are scrambling. Oregon got Dillon Gabriel and Malachi Nelson. What a contrast. Nobody wants this offense. Feel bad for the WRs and TEs.

I don't know anything about the kid. I've never seen him play and didn't know he existed before his name was on a thread on CIS...so I'm not going to say anything about the kid. Hope he is great. Having said that, if this is the only QB transfer...it's a bad look. Considering what that room looked like going into portal season, it's hard to say they haven't mismanaged the situation if the best option left for us is hopping baby Tua gets a waiver. I hope something unexpected and positive happens.

Advertisement
Feels like we had a plan....started executing that plan...and then because obsessed with one QB....deviated from the plan....stayed obsessed with said QB way too long....and now all other options are pretty much gone....and we are just hoping someone new jumps in the portal. JMO

I'm done pinning my hopes on anyone. From now on, I don't believe :****: until I see :****:

That’s the spirit…never expect anything and you’ll never be disappointed…..then what you wanted comes true you can only feel joy..

Here's what I know: When TVD got the ******* yips this year we'd have been **** glad to have this kid.

Most everybody, including me, thinks Mario mismanaged the qb room last year. This guy goes to fixing that. We're not getting super studs to come sit the bench here. This guys has 2 years of game experience. Don't want him on the field? Somebody needs to come take qb1 and at the worst this guy will push them.

Welcome to the U!!

Advertisement
Here's what I know: When TVD got the ******* yips this year we'd have been **** glad to have this kid.

Most everybody, including me, thinks Mario mismanaged the qb room last year. This guy goes to fixing that. We're not getting super studs to come sit the bench here. This guys has 2 years of game experience. Don't want him on the field? Somebody needs to come take qb1 and at the worst this guy will push them.

Welcome to the U!!
Man next season is going to be awesome!

Welcome to the U!!
He threw more ints than TVD did this year. He does have more attempts, but that's at the fcs level. Not sure he's any less yippy.

Advertisement
Watched his highlights. Mobile, makes a lot of throws on the run, keeps his eyes downfield. Seemed to have wheels but that could just be competition level. So many highlights were his guys getting behind the D. To his credit, he hits those throws. Not sure how many of those opportunities he'll get at this level or if he was aided by the competition level. At least he can throw a catchable deep ball.

Would have liked to see him put some more zip on the ball for a few of the passes. Some of his TDs may have been incomplete at this level. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts. I think he's an upgrade to the current roster, and Id bet he starts over Jacurri and Emory

Advertisement
IMG_6263.gif

Great if could transfer heart & moxie to TVD. Understand a reference to Baker Mayfield as he scrambles around trying to make plays. But is this really the guy?

Rarely sets his feet on throws (OL is useful), slings a lot of throws, most completions are to the flat (here come the WR screens) and the few throws down the field are over throws or wildly off target.

Wonderful story if Big Poff can work his magic, but hard imaging this is the QB we’ve been waiting on.
He had pressure most of the time from what I saw 👀 on game tape. He will definitely eat here with the protection he will be provided as long as the Oline stays healthy. I saw the over throws as him preferably getting rid of the ball rather than throwing to receivers that are covered. I see discipline in the Puffer. He is definitely an upgrade from last year. And he got some wheels which hopefully he won’t need to use much here.

The list of teams that beat us out for a better transfer quarterback is embarrassing if we don't end up getting Cam or Taulia... Mario's stubbornness will end up being very costly if we don't get one of those two on the roster for next year.

Advertisement
Back