Albany transfer QB Reese Poffenbarger commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Idk if people hate the pick up because of the young mans ability or lack thereof. I see people hating the process it took to get down to FCS talent, the terrible offense, Cristobal history as a QB graveyard, and striking out on Howard and Ward.

I think Poff is just collateral damage at this point.
Exactly this, nothing against the kid. My problem is Corchobal.

Advertisement
i hope reese puffs out his chest and does great here. seriously. when the bargerman toots the horn do the puffins stay on the ice floe or do they get on board? they get on board.
@JamesQuall
Season 2 Starz GIF by American Gods

I’m not gonna bash the kid because there have been several short QB’s that wound up being great players (Drew Brees, Kyler Murray, Doug Flutie) to name just a few.

My bigger concern remains Mario and his offensive philosophy. Until that and his game day coaching changes for the better we will remain a mediocre to bad team.

Hope that the kid balls out here in spite of his HC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There is a difference between bashing and critiquing. He's got room to critique, but he seems like a fun player and very eager to see if he can play at this level. He certainly believes he can.

In a perfect world he is a backup this year for us...but I will say this, I'd be less worried if he had to come in and play in a reserve role than some of the other players on our roster.

I think with what our offense is going to look like with Dawson, he can do a lot of the things Dawson will want to do. But, he's coming up a few levels of play to play here. Good luck.

Advertisement
I hope the young fella comes in and lights it up so I can LMAO at all the armchair QB’s saying he’s not worthy of a Miami roster spot.

Poff’s played a lot of football and if nothing else will elevate the QB room. He should give Brown and Emory some competition and with a D1 level S & C and nutrition, he should improve physically. ESPN article listed him at 6’ 1” 215.
With a better OL maybe he can be a winner here. He has the mentality it seems to win over his teammates

Advertisement
Back