Albany transfer QB Reese Poffenbarger commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Georgia, Florida, Washington State, UNLV and Houston were interested according to..............him.

Also if Corchobal wants another QB he didn't tell to this kid apparently.

https://www.on3.com/teams/miami-hur...****-have-you-believing-anything-is-possible/

Imagine being his parents and reading this thread? Yikes.

Again, you can criticize Mario all you want without insulting the kid. I think he’s going to prove a lot of people on this board wrong, but even if that doesn’t happen, I think some people here need to think before they post.

Advertisement
1704748102640.gif

No, but that doesn't justify ****ting on Poffenbarger. It's not his fault Ward and his camp can't see what's clear to everybody else.
It's also not his fault that Mario recruited a bottom tier QB room and we are bringing in a backup QB to compete. That still isn't important when it comes to winning football games. What is clear that Ward should see? Is coming to Miami guaranteed to be a better decision than the NFL? Is Miami going to consistently run a functional offense?

Advertisement
It's also not his fault that Mario recruited a bottom tier QB room and we are bringing in a backup QB to compete. That still isn't important when it comes to winning football games. What is clear that Ward should see? Is coming to Miami guaranteed to be a better decision than the NFL? Is Miami going to consistently run a functional offense?
Mario can be criticized without bashing Poffenbarger.

Ward should see that he's probably not even in the top 10 QBs coming out this year and cashing an extra 7 figure check and having a chance to increase his value before going out in 2025 will yield him more in the end.

Advertisement
He's in for a rude awakening with Corchobal offense then
Our biggest problem on offense last year was the quarterback forcing too many vertical passes and not enough checkdown options.

I'm not saying this kid is anything special, just that when you're looking at stats like completion percentage, you need to factor in whether he threw 25 screen passes a game or if he was throwing a lot of lower percentage passes. Yards per completion is a pretty good measuring stick of what they were doing on offense.

Mario can be criticized without bashing Poffenbarger.

Ward should see that he's probably not even in the top 10 QBs coming out this year and cashing an extra 7 figure check and having a chance to increase his value before going out in 2025 will yield him more in the end.
I think the majority of the reason PB is getting bashed by the fanbase is because of this statement.
Screenshot_20240104_195855_Samsung Internet.jpg

We were told that we are getting developmental HS kids and going after big time portal additions. If we had Ward this thread would be 3 pages.

I"m sure Tyler thought he could elevate his draft stock last year as well. Playing QB at Miami is not exactly a layup for the NFL.

Advertisement
I think the majority of the reason PB is getting bashed by the fanbase is because of this statement.View attachment 277631

We were told that we are getting developmental HS kids and going after big time portal additions. If we had Ward this thread would be 3 pages.

I"m sure Tyler thought he could elevate his draft stock last year as well. Playing QB at Miami is not exactly a layup for the NFL.
Haven’t heard DMoney making that claim recently. I wonder why…

I think the majority of the reason PB is getting bashed by the fanbase is because of this statement.View attachment 277631

That was the propaganda during the time we got Judd Anderson and stopped to recruit the QB position, now the propaganda has changed once again.

Advertisement
Back