Albany transfer QB Reese Poffenbarger commits to Miami

View as article
Recruited by Helfrich and Scott Frost, he was already there when Corchobal arrived

dont matter who fooking recruited him he was an Oregon Legacy goin there no matter wtf recruited him bud. Mario made him his starting QB and
he was a First round Draft pick at QB...

who did your Hero Lane Kiffin have drafted in the first round as an HC?

Justin Herbert > Matt Barkley, Matt Corrall

Advertisement
The comment about Mayfield was taken out of context. That's not what was being inferred.

It was about being underestimated as a QB
In that interview you posted, yes, but this is the excerpt from DMoney latest defaulting Bank edition:

"- Miami was blown away by his visit this weekend and compared his personality to Baker Mayfield. They also have high grades on his arm strength and athleticism (check his dunking highlights here)."

"He has great accuracy, especially on the throws across the middle, incredible arm strength. What really sets him apart, though, is his ability to extend plays and be smart with the football. He takes care of the ball and a lot of quarterbacks get caught up thinking `I have to make this completion, make this happen.’ His mindset is execute the play to what it can be and after that everything you get is extra. He knows when you can take a sack, can’t take a sack, how to protect the ball, little things that are difficult to coach.”
This right here is probably the most encouraging thing about the article you posted. We need someone to make good decisions and protect the football desperately.

dont matter who fooking recruited him he was an Oregon Legacy goin there no matter wtf recruited him bud. Mario made him his starting QB and
he was a First round Draft pick at QB...

who did your Hero Lane Kiffin have drafted in the first round as an HC?

Justin Herbert > Matt Barkley, Matt Corrall
I don't care how many QBs he put in the league, watch his offense numbers and his play-calling: it is all you need to know.

Ward's backup right? This is what I get for laughing at Ohio State's Punter/QB.

Advertisement
Poff Daddy TM

Trust me when i say, that trademark isnt needed. With recent events, no one is in a hurry to take anything close to that pseudonym

P Diddy Celebs GIF by BuzzFeed

Advertisement
Advertisement
Reading some of the posts here make me laugh 😂 Very disingenuous to say Mario didn’t do a good job recruiting a Qb when it’s been reported that Mario had NIL deal done with Ward, meaning he had his guy. It’s the only guy he wanted from what it seemed and it’s the reason he’s still trying to get him. The Tulia and others are still going to be there if need be. Maybe most should’ve realized since most have been Canes fans for such a long time that we haven’t been relevant for two decades and you’re expectations are too high for a coach that came in trying to shovel out years of sh! !t that has built up and taken root. You just can’t turn on a switch or use magic 🪄 to change a program that’s been on a downward trajectory for so long. Canes are finally keeping kids from South Florida, finishing with top 10 classes and I’m pretty sure they are one year away from making some real noise on the field. They might surprise next season with a favorable schedule. Yes no one is happy with the Qb situation but let’s act like we have some GottDamm common sense and have been here before. I would love to see how everyone reacts if that indecisive 😤 young man Ward commits finally. I personally don’t care for him but will support him if he comes. The Puffer is good for the one year needed for Jacurri and Emory to develop. The Oline if healthy will give any QB the time needed to find open receivers. Van Yikes had so much time back there this past season and his Sh! !t play is the real reason we lost many games. Most thought Van Yikes was going to be great and most drank that Kool-Aid. I only blame Mario for not getting rid of Van Yikes when he was threatening to leave to Bama. Most probably would’ve been furious if he’d let him go to Bama 🤔?( To whom it may concern If you feel that it ain’t worth being a season ticket holder like most of the fan base has done just buy tickets when you want to go to the game. ) And yeah maybe the teams on the schedule next year may have better Qb but let’s see how their O-line is going to hold up against the D-Line. Again any Qb that is accurate and decisive will have time here to find the open receiver. We need a game manager at Quarterback and the Puffer💪🏾 fits and is going to come in and work his a$$ off for The Team. That’s what we need here! Guys not expecting to get things handed to them but that are willing to come and work for this great opportunity. Let’s go Canes!!!!!!!
You ever heard of paragraphs dude?

I don’t understand the hate for this pickup.

He may not pan out but 1) we’re not done in the portal and the kid is okay with that 2) production at QB spot is important and I don’t think Emory or Jacurri comes close to doing what he did if they played for Albany last year.
FCS is like high school level players. This kid completed 58% of his passes. Yikes

Advertisement
I'll explain: Fans have higher standards for recruits. That's it. Nothing else to it.
Which is fine to complain about it he’s all we get. But which situation would you rather have?

1) Tua Jr, Jacurri, Emory, Judd

2) Tua Jr, Reese, Jacurri, Emory, Judd

I’ll take the latter.

I don't care how many QBs he put in the league, watch his offense numbers and his play-calling: it is all you need to know.
he's not a play caller, that's all you need to know

he has an impact on the scheme as a HC like every other HC in America, but he doesn't call the plays. how many times does that need to be said?

he's not a play caller, that's all you need to know

he has an impact on the scheme as a HC like every other HC in America, but he doesn't call the plays. how many times does that need to be said?
Even better then! He hires good OC after good OC. A thing Corchobal definitely can't do.

Advertisement
Back