Albany transfer QB Reese Poffenbarger commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
The Ward comp is so lazy. Ward played in a wing T in high school and was completely overlooked because of it, went to Incarnate Word and was immediately awesome. This dude was a class of 2020 recruit and is just now getting a shot at the FBS again after leaving ODU because he wasn’t going to play. He was basically a senior this year.
Exactly. If you like this kid's film/moxy whatever. No problem with that. But stop comparing him to a guy who threw for 7,000 yards in a P5 conference and just declared early for the NFL draft. Not every FCS QB can make the jump.

Advertisement
Who in the world is qb1 here?. lol

This dude is likely better than Emory and will compete with Jacurri for qb 1 im guessing
At the time he commited to Duke we had Ward signing NIL deals and telling players he was coming here. Had we taken Murphy as QB1, guaranteeing him the starting position, the narrative would have been how we went after a low level QB that no other major program wanted while leaving the possibility of bigger names on the table. Yes, we missed on Ward and his indecisive game playing most likely. But Murphy was being trashed as a primary option by most on here early in the discussions.As they say, hindsight is 20/20.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope the young fella comes in and lights it up so I can LMAO at all the armchair QB’s saying he’s not worthy of a Miami roster spot.

Poff’s played a lot of football and if nothing else will elevate the QB room. He should give Brown and Emory some competition and with a D1 level S & C and nutrition, he should improve physically. ESPN article listed him at 6’ 1” 215.

Has this been reported or discussed here, or is this just an assumption on your part?
I think it's pretty well known that we are a serious QB player in this portal cycle, and openly linked to some of the highest profile options.. its an assumption, but an assumption that this kid has a brain and a circle of people helping to inform him on his options about playing college football.

Advertisement
Back