Albany transfer QB Reese Poffenbarger commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I don’t knock the kid. He hasnt played a down here yet. And I hope he blows Brown and Emery out of the water. Folks who knock him and say he sucks, you have no perspective. Why be mad at the kid and not Mario? You’re mad because Mario sold you on a huckster dream of Cam Ward and/or Will Howard and we got The Genius Poffo instead. All anger in this scenario should be tuned to the staff and not to this guy, who actually WANTS to be a Cane.

Angry Ron Swanson GIF

The kid knows they are trying to bring in another higher profile kid.. cut the **** on him and appreciate that he's willing to come in and fight. That's what culture is.

Advertisement
Not really sure why people are so down on this kid. Ward did the same **** at his FCS or whatever school and now everyone wanted him here top overall portal QB. This kid is good from what I can see he is making tough throws and is athletic. Love the pick up think he will be really good and a big upgrade over TVD.

Advertisement
Not really sure why people are so down on this kid. Ward did the same **** at his FCS or whatever school and now everyone wanted him here top overall portal QB. This kid is good from what I can see he is making tough throws and is athletic. Love the pick up think he will be really good and a big upgrade over TVD.
Because. Of. Mario.

We're not down on the kid.

Nobody believes MARIO can turn this kid into an elite QB.

The good news is he elevates the room...

That he elevates the room, is also the bad news...

Middle of the road news is that this is the type of kid Mario should have brought in LAST YEAR, when Jake bolted and TVD was all we had left...
I remember it was a poster on here that said.....THIS. Prop Joe or something like that.
Ive been posting that they bungled the qb room 2 YEARS in a row.

Advertisement
I think the reason for the reactions is because all of the pundits had everyone gassed up that UM was getting Cam Ward as the portal QB. Big Poff's highlights are impressive and he compiled really good stats at Albany (which isn't terrible football), so who really knows. I'm rooting for the kid, but I definitely understand the disappointment in this kid being the portal QB after this long wait.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back