Albany transfer QB Reese Poffenbarger commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Marshall game cut up. Honestly not bad given how atrocious his OL was.

Great if could transfer heart & moxie to TVD. Understand a reference to Baker Mayfield as he scrambles around trying to make plays. But is this really the guy?

Rarely sets his feet on throws (OL is useful), slings a lot of throws, most completions are to the flat (here come the WR screens) and the few throws down the field are over throws or wildly off target.

Wonderful story if Big Poff can work his magic, but hard imaging this is the QB we’ve been waiting on.

Advertisement
Reading some of the posts here make me laugh 😂 Very disingenuous to say Mario didn’t do a good job recruiting a Qb when it’s been reported that Mario had NIL deal done with Ward, meaning he had his guy. It’s the only guy he wanted from what it seemed and it’s the reason he’s still trying to get him. The Tulia and others are still going to be there if need be. Maybe most should’ve realized since most have been Canes fans for such a long time that we haven’t been relevant for two decades and you’re expectations are too high for a coach that came in trying to shovel out years of sh! !t that has built up and taken root. You just can’t turn on a switch or use magic 🪄 to change a program that’s been on a downward trajectory for so long. Canes are finally keeping kids from South Florida, finishing with top 10 classes and I’m pretty sure they are one year away from making some real noise on the field. They might surprise next season with a favorable schedule. Yes no one is happy with the Qb situation but let’s act like we have some GottDamm common sense and have been here before. I would love to see how everyone reacts if that indecisive 😤 young man Ward commits finally. I personally don’t care for him but will support him if he comes. The Puffer is good for the one year needed for Jacurri and Emory to develop. The Oline if healthy will give any QB the time needed to find open receivers. Van Yikes had so much time back there this past season and his Sh! !t play is the real reason we lost many games. Most thought Van Yikes was going to be great and most drank that Kool-Aid. I only blame Mario for not getting rid of Van Yikes when he was threatening to leave to Bama. Most probably would’ve been furious if he’d let him go to Bama 🤔?( To whom it may concern If you feel that it ain’t worth being a season ticket holder like most of the fan base has done just buy tickets when you want to go to the game. ) And yeah maybe the teams on the schedule next year may have better Qb but let’s see how their O-line is going to hold up against the D-Line. Again any Qb that is accurate and decisive will have time here to find the open receiver. We need a game manager at Quarterback and the Puffer💪🏾 fits and is going to come in and work his a$$ off for The Team. That’s what we need here! Guys not expecting to get things handed to them but that are willing to come and work for this great opportunity. Let’s go Canes!!!!!!!

@Memnon hey bro, you said after he committed you’d give ur take on the film - and maybe even a question or two I had below!!! Well…he committed!! lol

I’m all about watching film….the guy has it. Simple as that. At first glance of reading the 247 article on him, I said no thanks, strictly due to his rushing numbers as I’ve been a big time advocate for us needing a dual threat guy - BUT THEN I watched the film. This guy chooses to pass first and run when he needs to run - and make no mistake about it, he can SCOOT.

My film observations:

1) 35 second mark STRIKE
2) 46 second mark 50+ yard touchdown run vs Marshall
3) 55 second mark 40+ yard touchdown run vs Hawaii
4) 1 minute 50 second mark dime after going through his initial read, avoids a sack, rolls out and throws a strike…displays strong pocket awareness
5) 3 minute 57 second mark STRIKE - Sideline catches and tight windows with Restrepo elite route running
6) 4 minute 10 seconds mark - roll out and delivers an absolute dime
7) 4 minutes 40 seconds throws down the seam, which is invaluable for a quarterback that likes to throw the deep passes
8) 5 minutes 42 second mark, ridiculous accuracy- I’m done, kid is a frickin take, FCS be darned
9) 6 minute 12 second mark– to top it off kid has some Moxie with them.

Are we after this guy? After watching the film, and judging this guy alone aside from anyone else, what are your thoughts? Take or nah?

@Coach Macho
@Cribby
@DMoney
@Memnon
@LuCane

You’re gonna get clowned but I agree, kid doesn’t look bad AT ALL.

Advertisement
Man makes a heck of a cereal
IMG_2406.jpeg

Manny really got a better QB out of the portal and he hasn't coached a game for Duke. Jesus help us.
Manny got someone as a guaranteed starter that Mario would have been crucified for taking as QB1, especially when better options were still there at the time. Notice Murphy didnt end up at, nor was even linked to, any bigger programs..because he wanted to start, and he's not ready to be a starter at any big program.

Advertisement
View attachment 277554

The Miami Hurricanes landed a commitment from Albany transfer quarterback Reese Poffenbarger on Monday afternoon. After a long and winding portal search for a QB, Mario Cristobal and staff are excited about what Poffenbarger brings to the table.

Originally from Middletown, Maryland, Poffenbarger began his career at Old Dominion in 2021 before redshirting and transferring to Albany. In his first season with the Great Danes, “Big Poff” won conference rookie of the year honors as well as FCS Rookie of the Year.

After Tyler Van Dyke entered the portal, Cristobal’s main priority has been grabbing a QB – albeit the search took much longer than the Canes staff anticipated or had hoped for, Poffenbarger comes to Coral Gables with big-time production and arm talent.

He has thrown for 60 TDs with 17 INTs over the last two seasons, along with 6,613 yards and a completion percentage of 59.9%.

View attachment 277553

Poffenbarger is listed at 6-feet, 208 pounds and helped lead Albany to an 11-4 record this season, including a conference title — it was the first in school history.

Poffenbarger now joins a Canes QB roster which includes Emory Williams and Jacurri Brown — and there is hope that the injured Williams could be ready for a return in the spring.
I can't believe I just read "Big Poff", 6-feet, and 208 pounds in the same porst.

And yet, here we are.

Advertisement
Great if could transfer heart & moxie to TVD. Understand a reference to Baker Mayfield as he scrambles around trying to make plays. But is this really the guy?

Rarely sets his feet on throws (OL is useful), slings a lot of throws, most completions are to the flat (here come the WR screens) and the few throws down the field are over throws or wildly off target.

Wonderful story if Big Poff can work his magic, but hard imaging this is the QB we’ve been waiting on.

The plan is to wait out LilTua and hope the waiver goes through and this is insurance and room building... follow the peacocks... 🦚✅ 💯

Advertisement
Back