Alabama's use of Apple watches to track football players sets off rules debate

Advertisement
‘Monitor them’ how? Trach medical stats like heart rate, body temperature, whatever. Or, track there whereabouts?

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s checking their heart rates and seeing if they’re working out.

If there’s a way to game the system, Saban will figure it out.

There have to be multiple NCAA violations in all of this, but he has carte blanche from Emmert, so it doesn’t matter.

If Miami had tried this first, no matter who the coach was, it would be a different story. Our normally listless and moribund local sports beat writers, would awaken from their quarantine-induced carbohydrate hibernation and start a series of articles reporting us to the NCAA (remember when we were snitched out for extra practice)

We should go ahead and do it now, though. I can guarantee you that there’s some bad weight being put on.

I personally think it's an invasion of privacy if it's required. As far as if it's cheating, who knows. It almost doesn't matter as we know they won't get in trouble.

Btw, wtf ever happened with the LSU players getting cash from OBJ on national television? Were they all going pro and did it not matter or was it just swept under the rug?

Last edited:
Miami essentially does the same thing with their iPad playbooks. They can track location, track when you access the playbook, etc... it does all the same things accept heart rate & body temperature.

Advertisement
Don’t really see what’s wrong with this. High schools use programs to track workouts all the time. I would imagine Bama isn’t the only school doing this.

I personally think it's an invasion of privacy if it's required. As far as if it's cheating, who knows. It almost doesn't matter as we know they won't get in trouble.

Btw, wtf ever happened with the LSU players getting cash from OBJ in national television? Were they all going pro and did it not matter or was it just swept under the rug?
It was fake cash dude. Everyone knew that

Advertisement
:snoopfacepalm:
😂😂😂. I didn’t even open this article because I say it was from CNN. CNN is an absolute joke. Don’t believe a word that comes out of that websites mouth

Advertisement
Back