Alabama

Its actually hilarious how Saban runs his RB's to the ground. Look at Ingram ( although he's been doing better) and T-Rich. Saban runs them into the ground and then they are already busted by their 2nd year in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens to Derrick "40 carries" henry

Advertisement
Lol they have the best DL in the country and a top wideout by the name of Calvin Ridley. Henry isn't slow, once he breaks he is extremely difficult to catch. He looks slow because he takes a while to get started and he has long strides but his top end speed isn't an issue. Just wait until he tests in Indy if you don't believe me..

Great athlete and top end speed, but slow to accelerate and he won't have an oline blowing everyone 5 yds back on each play in the NFL.

Agreed
Was just disagreeing with the person that said he is dirt slow, because that is false.

They ran Henry 46 times.. 46..

No wonder Alabama running backs having nothing left in the NFL.
He ran 40 times a game at Yulee also....

I lived down the street from Yulee High School when he was there. I'd watch his games and he was a beast amongst midgets. I remember a 4th and 32 play, they were on their 20 and the coach says, "fug it, give it Henry". 80 yards later he's in the endzone... His pro career, hard to say because the bama line is often times the beast amongst midgets...

Henry is a beast and hard to bring down. I wish Miami recruited backs like him.

He's actually pretty easy to bring down at or behind the line. It's when he gets more momentum that he is dangerous. All of his big runs we're through huge holes where he didn't get touched until he was 10 yes down field

He's actually pretty easy to bring down at or behind the line. It's when he gets more momentum that he is dangerous. All of his big runs we're through huge holes where he didn't get touched until he was 10 yes down field

I don't agree with this.

Here is a quote from ESPN giving stats

"When it comes to contact, they seemingly shed it with ease. Fournette and Henry rank first and second in the SEC in yards after contact (YAC). Fournette has registered 517 YAC compared to Henry's 439, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Fournette is averaging 73.9 YAC per game and 2.9 YAC per rush. Henry is right behind him with 54.9 YAC per game and 2.4 YAC per carry."

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/109445/alabama-lsu-brings-together-bullish-backs-fournette-and-henry

Advertisement

I don't agree with this.

"When it comes to contact, they seemingly shed it with ease. Fournette and Henry rank first and second in the SEC in yards after contact (YAC). Fournette has registered 517 YAC compared to Henry's 439, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Fournette is averaging 73.9 YAC per game and 2.9 YAC per rush. Henry is right behind him with 54.9 YAC per game and 2.4 YAC per carry."

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/109445/alabama-lsu-brings-together-bullish-backs-fournette-and-henry

There are different levels of contact. I expect MSU or Oklahoma to challenge Alabama better. Florida has a good dline, but no offense.

I don't agree with this.

There are different levels of contact. I expect MSU or Oklahoma to challenge Alabama better. Florida has a good dline, but no offense.

I agree with you non MSU but I also think it is fare to say that Henry is not easy to bring down.

Coker is tough and saved their a$$es on several plays this year. The Oline makes Henry look even better and I suspect his pro career will be less impressive. Kinda like every other Bama RB

I disagree....Henry is from Florida and was rated the 3rd best player in Florida...No way he flounders in the league when he already knows what it feels like to play behind an offensive line that isn't bigger than everyone and full of stars.

trent richardson says hello.

Trent doesn't count..he was from Florbama (Pensacola)

Coker is tough and saved their a$$es on several plays this year. The Oline makes Henry look even better and I suspect his pro career will be less impressive. Kinda like every other Bama RB

I disagree....Henry is from Florida and was rated the 3rd best player in Florida...No way he flounders in the league when he already knows what it feels like to play behind an offensive line that isn't bigger than everyone and full of stars.

Mike Bellamy?

Advertisement

Mike Bellamy?

We talking about how every RB from Alabama fails when they get to the league. I'm defending Henry since he is from Florida, and trashing Trent since he is from Florbama

Trent Richardson doesn't have the same burst or agility as Henry has....Henry is better and faster

Advertisement

Trent Richardson doesn't have the same burst or agility as Henry has....Henry is better and faster

Ummm, no.

All of these roided up Bama stiffs are the same. Bigger than everyone in college and impossible to drag down, running through gaping holes from the OL. I've seen this movie before....

Its actually hilarious how Saban runs his RB's to the ground. Look at Ingram ( although he's been doing better) and T-Rich. Saban runs them into the ground and then they are already busted by their 2nd year in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens to Derrick "40 carries" henry

I mean who cares lol kids want that they want the rock and there successful. Elliot was licking his chops on twitter sayin wow 40 carries must be nice. Butch runs a similar style to saban and can stop bamas pipeline to top tier sfla athletes.

Ummm, no.

All of these roided up Bama stiffs are the same. Bigger than everyone in college and impossible to drag down, running through gaping holes from the OL. I've seen this movie before....

Except Henry is not a stiff runner, and like I said...he knows what it is like to run behind a ****** O-Line because he did it in high school.

Advertisement
You guys are too funny nobody touches Bama for the rest of the way and Henry will be just fine

Advertisement
Back