Alabama - Every recruit should read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I've always been amazed that black kids are willing to play as represent these historically racist states. Is everyone racist there ? No. But certainly a lot more racism still exists in Alabama and Mississippi than in other places.

The fact that people keep printing **** like this is the reason this problem still exists. I have spent 21 yrs in the military and we talk about it all the time. To me, and I could be completely wrong, just drop the **** subject, and it will get better. We talk about it way to much in society for it to ever completely go away. I am getting sick of it. Maybe I am just ignorant, but everyone is the same to me. I don't treat anyone any differently.

Advertisement
I've always been amazed that black kids are willing to play as represent these historically racist states. Is everyone racist there ? No. But certainly a lot more racism still exists in Alabama and Mississippi than in other places.

Please don't believe that. There is racism in each state in this country. Again, is everybody racist? Certainly not. But are we willing to stomp it out when we see it?

U must be white or an uncle tom.Not talkin about a problem wont help it

I am white. Can't help the way we are born brother. We have made leaps and bounds as far as racism is concerned. But it wasn't due to talking about it every **** day. It's part of evolution and a better world. We preach equal opportunity every day. I am all for the best qualified person getting a job based on merits and not race. HOWEVER, the more we talk about this ****, the more the problem will continue to exist.... That is my experience in the military and that's my view. They say race, and *** doesn't matter, but at the end of a promotion letter in the military it has selection percentages based on race and gender. As long as we keep doing and tracking things like this it will always be an issue in my eyes.

P.S. I am not an uncle ******* tom...

Please don't believe that. There is racism in each state in this country. Again, is everybody racist? Certainly not. But are we willing to stomp it out when we see it?

I know racism exists all over but in Alabama racism is part of their DNA. Look I'm a white guy from New Jersey but I know history and I don't think things have changed down there except for the law.

Advertisement
This shouldn't be a surprise. Few years ago, a buddy went to a dinner party in Birmingham, AL hosted by a prominent local family. He was shocked at how many times the word 'monkey' was referenced in casual conversation. Then again, to those black kids playing football, it's just a 'bizness' decision after all.

The fact that people keep printing **** like this is the reason this problem still exists. I have spent 21 yrs in the military and we talk about it all the time. To me, and I could be completely wrong, just drop the **** subject, and it will get better. We talk about it way to much in society for it to ever completely go away. I am getting sick of it. Maybe I am just ignorant, but everyone is the same to me. I don't treat anyone any differently.

To ignore the problem solves nothing either.

I'm saying we have evolved enough to where it shouldn't be a problem. Equality is everywhere. We have black CEOs, head coaches, etc... We keep talking about it which seems to keep it an issue. I just see it way too much in the military. We go overboard!

I'm saying we have evolved enough to where it shouldn't be a problem. Equality is everywhere. We have black CEOs, head coaches, etc... We keep talking about it which seems to keep it an issue. I just see it way too much in the military. We go overboard!

There are tens of thousands of examples where racism is a very serious problem. Progress does not equal equality. The issue is racism exists because of what racists say and do---not because we talk about it. When people have honest and sincere dialogue with mutual respect, we grow and learn; We teach our children to do the same, and we kill racism dead.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have made leaps and bounds as far as racism is concerned. But it wasn't due to talking about it every **** day.

Actually, that´s exactly what it´s due to. people talking about it and getting lynched, maimed and murdered for talking about it but still refusing to stop talking about it is what changed it.

Advertisement

this is dead on. there definitely isn't a need for outside pressure to create change from within a closed minded, bigoted sector of society. in fact they are probably just rejecting black people to test society and the media, you know see if they have evolved.

Back to the OP's point, Bama is a pigsty full of racists. It amazes me that any men of color go there. Several SEC schools are the same way (Arkansas, Ole Miss, etc.). Miami is the opposite. We celebrate diversity. I believe that's why so many people hate us.

Diversity is Miami and few other colleges. Dont play fo dem white men that hate your kind. Why do recruits play for those teams, they need to do there homework. They dont know it.....spread that ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back