Alabama and Racism

canetomm

Recruit
As a white boy growing up on NW 189th Street in Carol City in the 1970s, I had friends who were African-American, ******, and Ecuadorian and understoood that America was a melting pot. I loved Miami. It was paradise. As an adult in a Trump America I see how far we have to go. I know the Republican loving Cubans will bash me and that is understandable, but Alabama bothers me the most. I see these tie-wearing, white shirt donning, racist from the worst state in the union cheering on their "boys" and claiming superiority above the rest of America. 99% of the fans wouldn't be caught dead at a party with the players from their Crimson Tide team, yet they cheer them on like they are at a **** fight. Maybe I am being over-dramatic, but it is kinda strange that the most racist state in America relishes the fact that their 'boys' rule the world of college football. I hope the kids from the 305/954/561 can see past this hypocrisy and return the U to the glory of the past.

Advertisement
I dont get it either.

But, on the other hand, racist *** Bear Bryant did more for school integration in the South than any politician.

Nick Saban owns the state and would end any funny business before it could even get rolling (no pun intended).

Advertisement
Who cares there are racist canes fans too and every other team as well

As a white boy growing up on NW 189th Street in Carol City in the 1970s, I had friends who were African-American, ******, and Ecuadorian and understoood that America was a melting pot. I loved Miami. It was paradise. As an adult in a Trump America I see how far we have to go. I know the Republican loving Cubans will bash me and that is understandable, but Alabama bothers me the most. I see these tie-wearing, white shirt donning, racist from the worst state in the union cheering on their "boys" and claiming superiority above the rest of America. 99% of the fans wouldn't be caught dead at a party with the players from their Crimson Tide team, yet they cheer them on like they are at a **** fight. Maybe I am being over-dramatic, but it is kinda strange that the most racist state in America relishes the fact that their 'boys' rule the world of college football. I hope the kids from the 305/954/561 can see past this hypocrisy and return the U to the glory of the past.

In my world we call people like you INVIDIOSO.

You're thinking too much like a fan...

Croots don't give a f*ck about none of that... They don't experience any racism in Bama because they are worshipped like gods in that state...

Once you're on the football team, you have a license to do exactly whatever the f*ck you want & you'll get away with it, because just about everyone in that State does their part to protect players & help Saban at all costs.

The only thing croots care about (especially South Fla kids), is Winning, Money & attention...

It's that simple, Bama is a Dominant Dynasty, therefore they will be able to get any prospect they want from anywhere in the country...

The racism angle means absolutely nothing to Football recruits.

Advertisement
Actual quote from a recent team leader: "I don't give a ****, man. I just wanna win and ball out ($) in the L."

Advertisement
Actual quote from a recent team leader: "I don't give a ****, man. I just wanna win and ball out ($) in the L."

Lu, from what team??

More Cubans vote republican because they're so psychologically traumatized by Castro that they melodramatically equate any social welfare/ethics that the democrats might support as left-wing dictator nonsense from their socio-cultural-political past. Nevermind that the guy they recently supported and his fascist tendencies are much more in line with Castro, but that's an argument for another day.

Lu, from what team??

Our team a couple years back.

Advertisement

Lu, from what team??

Our team a couple years back.

Got it, thanks brother.

Beyond racist. Inbred, dumb and highly bigotted town. Tuscaloosa is one of the most blighted areas in the U.S. of A.....

Advertisement
Back