Al.... PJ is already preparing his team for Miami

jw410

Senior
Banned
from the ajc
Paul Johnson noted the Miami game isa “big game for us. We have not played well against them the last couple of years. They’ve kind of had our number, so that’ll be a big game for us.”

I think we will be ready for them. However will we have the personnel to stay disciplined assignment football ala sean spence last two years vs GT.

Advertisement
17.gif

Jawjuh Tech isn't even on my radar at this point. Until they develop new wrinkles or get a new offense all together, I don't see how this year will be that different. Two different DC's with different defensive philosophies over 3 years have straight up owned Paul Johnson's system.

Paul Johnson inherited guys better able to run his triple option than the guys he's recruited to play in it. Nesbit was tough to deal with at that spot. Dwyer before he got heavy was a big play waiting to happen and Thomas just was a freak at WR.

Advertisement
from the ajc
Paul Johnson noted the Miami game isa “big game for us. We have not played well against them the last couple of years. They’ve kind of had our number, so that’ll be a big game for us.”

I think we will be ready for them. However will we have the personnel to stay disciplined assignment football ala sean spence last two years vs GT.
I think Denzel will take care of Spence job. Gaines also played good and will be back... you add a health C. Porter and a stronger Smith and we will be fine.

Paul Johnson kind of lucked out this year with a former bama commit justin thomas. Wanted to play qb instead of db and signed with georgia tech. That shall be interesting to watch because Tevin Washington is awful. As for Paul Johnson, great gameday coach. He's always countering your move. That is how he beats the clemson's and virginia tech's of the world. At the end of the day it is too tough to sell a kid on playing runningback in a 3 point stance.

Advertisement
How does PJ prepare for a team that hasnt a clue who its personnel will be? Canes D is a patchwork of crap, a promising future and mediocre.

we completely dominated their offense last year. matter of fact, I saw some write up that showed that they've been completely shut down like 3 times and twice it was the Canes (2009 and 2011).

we play them on the road this year, so I doubt it will be a complete domination, but our D should be up to the task. the offense will have to help them out though. can't keep putting the D on the field if they give you a 3 and out. gotta score

I will be attending that game, and can't wait to see if coach D's scheme shuts them down again. Typically a great Canes away crowd in Hotlanta. Pretty sure Temple played Navy pretty often with their triple option, so the coachs have been scheming this offense for awhile. Doubt we get a pick on the first play this time though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back