Al hasn't seen NOA

Advertisement
Can you imagine the interviews Shannon would be having under this investigation? Wow. Al is good for public image.

Suspect Al is taking some liberties and being casual in the interview setting. Be shocked if he doesn't have most of the facts to date at his finger tips. If there's anything he needs to know or questions to have answered, Mike Glazier and university counsel are a phone call away.

Advertisement
Suspect Al is taking some liberties and being casual in the interview setting. Be shocked if he doesn't have most of the facts to date at his finger tips. If there's anything he needs to know or questions to have answered, Mike Glazier and university counsel are a phone call away.

+1

the tweet linking the article says he has not seen the NOA, but no mention of such a fact in the article.

Advertisement
Not saying that AG is perfect, but he has class and confidence and is a **** of a coach...IMO. He is the coach Miami has needed since Davis left. Coker and Shannon were definitely not the answer. I'm glad the program found their answer with Golden.

Not saying that AG is perfect, but he has class and confidence and is a **** of a coach...IMO. He is the coach Miami has needed since Davis left. Coker and Shannon were definitely not the answer. I'm glad the program found their answer with Golden.

Need to start seeing this in the form of wins for me to agree

Agreed, and I believe we will soon. But when you have how many true frosh starting and rotating in and out, you can't expect to be 10-2, 11-1, or 12-0. He's making progress and recruiting is picking up.

Advertisement

I think everyone at the end of the day agrees with this, the question is when should it happen?

Is this the year? Is it next year? Was it last year? Was it after the Maryland game?

Like some, I never thought Al was the guy that could fix it QUICKLY. I thought he was a program builder. Things look to be going our way this year, while things concern me from our OC and DL, I think we can easily have the best season since 2003 (which does NOT mean much).

Makes sense. What would Al have to add to the investigation from a legal sense? None of this happened on his watch. He micromanages the football team, but he would have very little to do with the core defense of the investigation and would be cautious to share anything with his coaches or recruits as to what he does know. The university would also be smart to share this info with as little people as possible that are not directly involved.

There is much more to being a coach than Xs and Os and game management. I think Golden has something left to prove in that regard because reasonable people will disagree on how our talent level should translate in terms of wins and losses. I believe, however, that he has few peers with regard to managing a program, which I see as the more important side of coaching. If you build the program the wins will follow and the game coaching gets much easier. I don't think Saban is an offensive genius, but he doesn't need to be because he can pound the ball behind an enormous oline and his defense only gives up six points a game (or whatever the actual number is).

Advertisement

you also needed to see shannon's teams suck four years later to see that shannon wasn't the right guy.. Some people can see these things without waiting for the results.

Wins are the only left for him, and they should come this year. The ACC just isn't that good of a conference. With everything off the field, he's been stellar.

There is much more to being a coach than Xs and Os and game management. I think Golden has something left to prove in that regard because reasonable people will disagree on how our talent level should translate in terms of wins and losses. I believe, however, that he has few peers with regard to managing a program, which I see as the more important side of coaching. If you build the program the wins will follow and the game coaching gets much easier. I don't think Saban is an offensive genius, but he doesn't need to be because he can pound the ball behind an enormous oline and his defense only gives up six points a game (or whatever the actual number is).

fantastic post. i agree that his abilities on the field are not yet proven, but his management of the program seems to be excellent especially if compared to the last two regimes. i hope everything he has done with the program, from S&T, to nutrition, to recruiting, to the professionalism he exhibits parlays into wins this year. too many of the close games have gone against us (UNC, UV).

you also needed to see shannon's teams suck four years later to see that shannon wasn't the right guy.. Some people can see these things without waiting for the results.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Find me any proof of me ever talking up Shannon on scout please.

Advertisement
Back