Al Golden's coaching tree has yielded an NFL DC

SPAMM

Redshirt Freshman
Delete or merge if already posted. Shaun Desai has been hired as DC of the Philadelphia Eagles. He spent several years at Temple with Golden before accepting the football operations job at Miami in 2011. Moved on and moved up. Is it possible the coaches are only lousy when employed at Miami. Banda now in pros and D'Onofrio at Stanford. Who woulda thunk it.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20230222_231633_Samsung Internet.jpg

Delete or merge if already posted. Shaun Desai has been hired as DC of the Philadelphia Eagles. He spent several years at Temple with Golden before accepting the football operations job at Miami in 2011. Moved on and moved up. Is it possible the coaches are only lousy when employed at Miami. Banda now in pros and D'Onofrio at Stanford. Who woulda thunk it.
After Houston, Onofrio was out of football and selling insurance for a few years before getting hired as ILB coach for Wisconsin last year.

I’ve been saying it for a while, a lot of the coaches we hated while they were here have actually gone on to be successful elsewhere.

Maybe it’s really Miami, and not the coaches.

Even the beleaguered Dan Enos was pretty good last year.

Advertisement
Jesus ******* Christ the amount of certified cheeseburgers I’ve seen porsting seemingly pro-Folden propaganda on here just this off season alone is enough to make me want to run the ***** gauntlet.

**** Al Golden.

Advertisement
Sorry, but USC is still the king of their failed coaches moving on to bigger and better things. Lane Kiffin. Ed Orgeron. Just to name a couple.

I’ve been saying it for a while, a lot of the coaches we hated while they were here have actually gone on to be successful elsewhere.

Yes, I clearly remember all the hate this group had for Sean Desai while he was the assistant director of football operations here for a cup of coffee 12 years ago.

Brilliant take.

Jesus ******* Christ the amount of certified cheeseburgers I’ve seen porsting seemingly pro-Folden propaganda on here just this off season alone is enough to make me want to run the ***** gauntlet.

**** Al Golden.
After your nap,ask your mommy the definition of sarcasm but it will be difficult to explain in words of four letters or less.

I can see the stress of finding an WR coach has apped all of the life out of this site.

Advertisement

Golden's refusal to fire D'Onofrio is why he likely still isn't coaching at Miami. He had the offensive side of the ball figured out and recruited/developed at a fairly decent clip.

Al Golden:

James Coley - From OC to WR coach…downgrade

Art Kehoe - retired…upgrade

Larry Scott - TE coach to HC at 8-16 Howard…downgrade

Kevin Beard - WR at Miami to WRC at Toledo…downgrade

Tim Harris SENIOR - RB coach back to HS…downgrade

No’D - From DC to ILB coach at Stanford…downgrade

Paul Williams - CB coach to CB to a 3-8 Stanford team that hired Coach No’D…downgrade

Randy Melvin - DL at Miami to coaching in HS to CFL DL coach….downgrade

Hurlie Brown - LB coach to HS HC…downgrade

The only 2 coaches who actually got better jobs after leaving Miami were Carrol,

In 5 years Al Golden had only 2 assistants who were poached for better jobs.

TrumpyCane not a fan of revisionist history when it pertains to Al Golden

Advertisement
Al Golden:

James Coley - From OC to WR coach…downgrade

Art Kehoe - retired…upgrade

Larry Scott - TE coach to HC at 8-16 Howard…downgrade

Kevin Beard - WR at Miami to WRC at Toledo…downgrade

Tim Harris SENIOR - RB coach back to HS…downgrade

No’D - From DC to ILB coach at Stanford…downgrade

Paul Williams - CB coach to CB to a 3-8 Stanford team that hired Coach No’D…downgrade

Randy Melvin - DL at Miami to coaching in HS to CFL DL coach….downgrade

Hurlie Brown - LB coach to HS HC…downgrade

The only 2 coaches who actually got better jobs after leaving Miami were Carrol,

In 5 years Al Golden had only 2 assistants who were poached for better jobs.

TrumpyCane not a fan of revisionist history when it pertains to Al Golden
But, but, but... the guy who used to call the bug guy when someone saw a roach and made the coffee 12 years ago just became a DC!

Advertisement
Back