Al Golden

Coach is the only one accountable to us. He hires the other coaches, they are accountable to him. I have played for, coached with, and watched a lot of coaches. Coaches can and do grow into jobs, but it certainly does not happen the majority of the time. Golden may grow into the job, we'll find out this year. If that happens we'll be ok. If it does not (which is likely), we'll have a new coach in 2016. The most important thing is never again can this U give this job to anyone who needs on the job training. Follow the plan that brough JJ and DE here back-to-back and we will never leave the top 10 again. They got lucky with Butch. No so much with the next three.

Now for the good part, let's roll today. Canes 45 GT 17. Feeling optimistic this AM.

Butch wasn't much of a risk - certainly not as big a leap as with the other two.

Butch with Jimmy 5 years at Oklahoma State.
Butch with Jimmy 5 years at Miami.
Butch with Jimmy 5 years at Dallas. As defensive coordinator - won two Superbowls.

And now he wants to return. Ho Li Crap.

Our program tanked here at the U after his last team graduated. And we've been in the tank ever since.

Advertisement
I understand JHall you rather the team lose so you can push out your chest and say see I told you so about the coaches. Great fan.

You don't know **** about me ************. Shut the **** up.

How u attacking JH when ***** bleeds orange n green, he's a great fan cuz he wants a dominant miami with real players and coaches. There ain't nada wrong wit that.

Spot on. Golden is not without his assets. He can recruit and is a great face for the program. If he has a weakness I think it is the relationship he has with his assistants. There needs to be separation. There is too much friendship and not enough insistance on performance or you're out. His only chance to succeed is he has to tweak his staff where needed. The stability argument that he hawked last year is pure crap and is going to get him fired.

I understand JHall you rather the team lose so you can push out your chest and say see I told you so about the coaches. Great fan.

How u attacking JH when ***** bleeds orange n green, he's a great fan cuz he wants a dominant miami with real players and coaches. There ain't nada wrong wit that.

Tell that to the ******s on 247 and they'll say you arent a real fan and a hater:hair-fire:

I know most of us agree that the talent is there to be a lot better than we are. Kills me to watch our coaches hold us back. I wanted more than anything for Golden to be that guy, but literally nothing has changed. If our coaches were trying things different (like the Duke game for instance) and failing it would be one thing, but you can absolutely pin both our losses completely on coaching. We neutered our offense against Louisville and neutered out defense against Nebraska. Never changed a thing. Unacceptable.

Has nothing to do with being happy about a loss or saying "I told you so".. **** that

Advertisement

I know most of us agree that the talent is there to be a lot better than we are. Kills me to watch our coaches hold us back. I wanted more than anything for Golden to be that guy, but literally nothing has changed. If our coaches were trying things different (like the Duke game for instance) and failing it would be one thing, but you can absolutely pin both our losses completely on coaching. We neutered our offense against Louisville and neutered out defense against Nebraska. Never changed a thing. Unacceptable.

Has nothing to do with being happy about a loss or saying "I told you so".. **** that

Exactly these ******s don't realize we don't want to be right. I want to be wrong and win a title I don't care if Donna was coach.

But we made up our minds that these guys won't win a title at miami. We saw enough of the product to know this.

Exactly these ******s don't realize we don't want to be right. I want to be wrong and win a title I don't care if Donna was coach.

But we made up our minds that these guys won't win a title at miami. We saw enough of the product to know this.

Man, you nailed it with that one. I would love to be wrong. ****, I would love that more than anything.

Spot on. Golden is not without his assets. He can recruit and is a great face for the program. If he has a weakness I think it is the relationship he has with his assistants. There needs to be separation. There is too much friendship and not enough insistance on performance or you're out. His only chance to succeed is he has to tweak his staff where needed. The stability argument that he hawked last year is pure crap and is going to get him fired.
The jury is still out on recruiting because a lot of his players have transferred.Don't really care about the face of the program if we win.Saban/Leach are douches,Richt a saint, I'm not drawing straws on that one.His weakness has always been gameday coaching and this was mentioned by Temple fans when we got him.He's the same tiger, with the same stripes.Our former players whom we labeled "JAGS", are performing better after they leave Coral Gables.I think he's stubborn and keeps his circle/assistants because he doesn't like to be questioned.Coaches are like frat brothers and it has been disturbing to see fellow coaches making comments regarding AG and his staff.These are the same coaches who voted him Coach of the Year which I assume now was strictly for getting through the Shapiro mess.I'm curious as to what will happen if he ends up with the same record or worse as RS in year 4.He flipped the roster in 18 months and added "his guys" which a large number have left.His most consistent success came with RS kids so we all have a right to worry.Cowherd was saying on the radio yesterday that right coaches can elevate programs overnight and bad coaches are what they are.Chip Kelly blows Zona off the field the other night, but assistant coaches(upgraded to HC) lose those games.And they are losing with the potential #1 pick at QB.Rich Rod can miraculously coach again while Hoke who was never better than Rich is showing his true colors.Eyes never lie with coaches.

Hard headed people never grow. Al thinks his growth already happened and there is no need to change. Check out the new article on 247, he's still whining about sanctions. The quicker we move on, the better we'll be.
Holy **** crown this post

Advertisement

J just wants to see our team succeed more than anything. We are a new team with a ****** image. We don't need the bad boy image of old in order to win a NC, but we need some sort of toughness...Candy Cane? We deserved that ****. No doubt AG loves these boys, but he needs to love winning more than anything and he just doesn't have that killer instinct JJ, Butch, and other great Miami coaches from the past had. He doesn't coach to the strengths of his players. You never get any consistency with these guys...you responded against Duke, but will you keep the train rollin' against GT and the rest of our opponents? We will find out soon enough. You made us hope, you made us feel bad for you, you made us hate you...now please make us winners again.

Last edited:

Man, you nailed it with that one. I would love to be wrong. ****, I would love that more than anything.

If someone keeps serving u **** but has the most fresh lobster, would anyone keep going to that restaurant?
These people r the ones that keep going to that place to eat cuz there afraid of change, they like the chef and workers cuz they talk to them. It's the same **** to me.

Advertisement
Back