Al Golden.......

arizonacane

Senior
Give us a Stanford pro set offense, and give us a Stanford balls to the wall defense and we may win the ACC. Hopefully you and the staff watched the USC vs. Stanford game tonight!

Advertisement
Too many white kids on Stanford team. That would never fly at the u. Half the fanbase Thrives on the memories of thug u and would leave if we got too many white players.

Advertisement
They have the players to run that

Too much common sense in this post. Not sure how to take it. It's been missing on this board for over two weeks. +rep coming.

we got the players to run the offensive part of it. smash mouth is something our guys can do. Have a ton of TEs that are athletic enough to take advantage of LBs who get sucked up in play action. have RBs that can give you a steady diet of move the chains with Duke bringing the big play too. got a QB who's better in a pro style offense than spread. and with Hurns we have just enough at WR to take advantage of single coverage. wouldn't be on Stanford's level right away but would be more fitting to our talents and probably more successful than what we are doing.

defensively that's a work in progress if we are trying to compare to Stanford. but if we bring in a NFL coordinator after a couple seasons of our current DC then we might see big improvements like Stanford did when they got ***io running things instead of the guys they had as co-DC.

Advertisement
would love to see some Stanford style ball be played here again...

**** i would love if we got a d coordinator like Texas m. Diaz(i think that's him)... granted Texas is loaded talent wise that D is something i would love to see

would love to see some Stanford style ball be played here again...

**** i would love if we got a d coordinator like Texas m. Diaz(i think that's him)... granted Texas is loaded talent wise that D is something i would love to see

Manny Diaz would only be interested in becoming the next head coach here. Would be a helluva pay cut to take the DC job here after being at Texas. He's a good one though.

where's Jim Bates? I'd give that man a call if we are looking for a new DC like we might be in another year or so.

Too many white kids on Stanford team. That would never fly at the u. Half the fanbase Thrives on the memories of thug u and would leave if we got too many white players.

Then that half of the fanbase is a bunch of dumb m***f***ers

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lulz at this team playing "smash mouth" football. Every time we try that it results in negative yardage.

WE did that all through the 80s and early 90s

Lol he's talking about the 2012 Canes...

2012 Canes haven't really lined up in a smash mouth formation much this year though. last year it happened cause Chase Ford got beat on just about every short yardage play. this year we just haven't done it. goal line situations and we are in the shotgun. even the 3rd and 1 against K STate that Clements picked up then fumbled was out of the shotgun.

Lulz at this team playing "smash mouth" football. Every time we try that it results in negative yardage.

being smash mouth is a mentality that needs to be fostered into the culture from the offseason, camp and into games.
You can't be a primarily a spread em out team and decide to go smash mouth on certain occasion when you need to pick up a tough yard.
If these offense was truly developed to be smash mouth they would be successful as the pieces are in place.
Yet Fisch thinks its better to continue to dink and dunk.

which half is that? The one's who don't show up to games, or the one's filling the parking lot but never coming into the game?

Advertisement
Back