Al Golden, the fall .....

Golden is like that cute chick you met at the bar and decided to marry after a brief courtship. All your friends saw her photo and approved. But, you come to learn that she can't get along with your friends, she keeps a ****** house, can't cook, and isn't very good in the sack. When you decide to divorce her and move on to better talent, how much time do you spend think about her? None.

Advertisement
Exactly Deez Nutz (lol)! Golden said its his defense himself, but dudes don't wanna believe him. They are in love, and jilted. It hurts that D'No is a better coach without Golden around. Every coach on the staff is. Players too. Football program too. All facts, 4-1 since, Mark Richt hired etc..

Did Al change a single coach to fix any of his problems? No? Then wtf should be not be blamed? His stubbornness was one of the major reasons for his down fall. No pitty over here.

Advertisement
Verobob,

I don't post much, but you should know that Al Golden is not a good person. Several former players told me he was vengeful, stubborn and just a nasty person in general. After hearing details on how he treated players, played favorites and shunned others I think the hatred against him is completely justified.

I am so thankful he is gone. The phone calls, donating to the banners, all of it was all worth it. Can't wait until that loser, pathetic excuse of a DC we have is fired also. Good riddance.

i hope Al Golden never gets a job again. How did he let all of these S Fla studs leave. A. Calloway killin it. I really dislike Al Golden. Probably the worst coach in the history of Miami football. I understand why Rutgers said, "Thanks Al, but no thanks".

Golden was a horrible coach, how many times did we go into half-time with a lead, and watch that lead disappear in the second half? He didn't play to win, he sat and nursed the lead. The absolute worse second half coach I've ever seen, he never adjusted his game plan, and he was always out coached in the second half.
I just watched Baylor get destroyed by Texas in the first half, Biles adjusted his strategy and ran what looked like a wild cat offense. They were down by 20 and had a chance to win it. Golden would've never adjusted his game plan and would've rather throw on the towel then adjust.
Bottom line is he got what he deserved.

Golden can kick rocks! He's dead so stop with the past and look forward to the future!

Advertisement
lmao @ people still saying that he "kept donofrio too long"...

it was al's defense. he is a defensive coach for gods sake. i hate donofrio as much as the next person but to make it look like we woulda been better if he fired donofrio is BS. as long as al was here, we would still be playing the same defense. why is it so hard for people to understand that? al is a former DC. if he did it to save his friend like people say, he coulda forced Dnofrio to play whatever defense he wanted. obviously, this was the defense that al wanted to play.
Exactly This^^^^^

All about that defense. If he would have recognized that it was a bad scheme things might have been different. Not saying perfect, or even great, but that's the main reason why he failed.

Tristero: OK, I've heard otherwise. I guess it depends on you talk to.
But I'm not discounting what you said. The one thing I forgot to include as his failures
was when he invited former UM players to watch film. After the criticism reached loud
levels he shut down the projector and asked them to leave.

Advertisement
lmao @ people still saying that he "kept donofrio too long"...

it was al's defense. he is a defensive coach for gods sake. i hate donofrio as much as the next person but to make it look like we woulda been better if he fired donofrio is BS. as long as al was here, we would still be playing the same defense. why is it so hard for people to understand that? al is a former DC. if he did it to save his friend like people say, he coulda forced Dnofrio to play whatever defense he wanted. obviously, this was the defense that al wanted to play.
Exactly This^^^^^
Al was just to stubborn..he could have relinquish control over the D and it might have saved his job. But he didnt he wanted to run his defense and forced all these guys to think and react.

Golden is like that cute chick you met at the bar and decided to marry after a brief courtship. All your friends saw her photo and approved. But, you come to learn that she can't get along with your friends, she keeps a ****** house, can't cook, and isn't very good in the sack. When you decide to divorce her and move on to better talent, how much time do you spend think about her? None.
All this tells me is that your life sucks so far. :)

Golden is like that cute chick you met at the bar and decided to marry after a brief courtship. All your friends saw her photo and approved. But, you come to learn that she can't get along with your friends, she keeps a ****ty house, can't cook, and isn't very good in the sack. When you decide to divorce her and move on to better talent, how much time do you spend think about her? None.
All this tells me is that your life sucks so far. :)

The above was an analogy and not personal experience. But thanks for the concern!

Advertisement
too many elite misses leave u without a job in miami, his press conference said to old players please come back...............he lied *** him.

All about that defense. If he would have recognized that it was a bad scheme things might have been different. Not saying perfect, or even great, but that's the main reason why he failed.

he wouldnt have won anyway think randy 2.0 4-3 wouldnt solve anything, he recruited alot of slow guys and he lets the game changers escape. He was losing regardless, by the time he figured out to hire recruiters it was too late and then on top of it he still coulndt close with elite recruiters. Kids who loved miami just didnt trust the school as a whole in general too much negative publicity and all other problems, now bama fsu uf will take dives because if mark can lock it they will be affected by it.

"Golden was just stubborn…" is an excuse and leaving room for the implication that he was actually competent and capable of doing a better job than he did. He was/is not, he is just dumb lol!

Advertisement
Back