Al golden special teams coach

theu852

Sophomore
Have our special teams ever been this sh1tty? Honestly. Its pathetic when you cant take 1 return to the house and you coach miami.

Advertisement
Advertisement
he had a freak in pat o donnel who is 6'2 225, runs a 4.5 and never once thought to let the guy run a fake

dont think Ive ever seen an onside kick under golden or a fake FG for that matter

in these games like neb/GT/Pitt/Va where the defense is getting run on all night, we need Al's vaunted unit to get a little more creative and get us extra posessions as we are getting masaccred in T.O.P. and the offense has to score on almost all of their few possesions.

The operational mistakes are high school like

Advertisement
he had a freak in pat o donnel who is 6'2 225, runs a 4.5 and never once thought to let the guy run a fake

dont think Ive ever seen an onside kick under golden or a fake FG for that matter

in these games like neb/GT/Pitt/Va where the defense is getting run on all night, we need Al's vaunted unit to get a little more creative and get us extra posessions as we are getting masaccred in T.O.P. and the offense has to score on almost all of their few possesions.

Fake punts and FGs are for beaten losers. Sound football guys practice fundamentals not gimmicks. Leave that slop for the Playstation hippies.

Fake punts and FGs are for beaten losers. Sound football guys practice fundamentals not gimmicks. Leave that slop for the Playstation hippies.

not sure if sarcastic, but Jimbo fisher gets to look at a ring on his finger everyday because he changed the NC game with a fake punt, one of the better calls in recent years

At least it gives us a few extra minutes to take a **** and get another beer before they kick to us. No chance of ever getting a nice return. Fumble maybe..

Folden and Dorito typically do a sound job keeping the opponents punter off the field.

Advertisement

We had a bye week coming into the FSU game. That's typically when coaches will put special teams wrinkles into the game plan. I thought for sure we would have a fake FG ready to go for FSU. When the game began I saw FSU selling out hard on every field goal attempt. The fake was there for the taking, yet we never ran it. My guess is that we never practiced it.

I'll refer everyone to one of Vish's articles on how golden is a statistical anomaly to every other head coach on games after a bye week. His teams have done significantly worse after bye weeks. Its one of those things that I find very damning about golden's ability to run a program.

Advertisement
Our kicker will injure himself having to take kickoffs. Too much work that little dude.

When that occurs, Al "Swing Low Sweet Saggy ****" Golden will be holding tryouts for student body.

We have been blessed with a run of punters like Bosher, Botts, O'Donnel, and Vogel. Seriously, I can remember a streak of punters that good at UM. And, oh yeah, the ST coach didn't teach them to punt.

Advertisement
Back