Al Golden: I want to thank UM for a tremendous opportunity

Advertisement
Class act. Wish him nothing but the best. That being said, it was way past his time. Now it's time to rebuild and reload.

High contempt lol. He does a nice con job making these people think he's nice. Loyal to No D. Actively sabotaging our program for friendship. Cutting off alumni and calling the fans noise. It will take a job to deconstruct these kids from that soft shouldered **** I tell you

AL, you WASTED that opportunity by sticking to a horribly flawed defensive scheme. You will never again be a Div. 1 Head Coach ANYWHERE. You completely destroyed our football program, made us a laughingstock, and alienated alumni and fans with your pigheadedness. Unfortunately, we set you up for life. Enjoy your ill-gotten millions stolen from this university. You should have been fired ages ago. You knew this program had a booster problem and you signed up and cashed in. I feel for your family because your coaching career is over. You had a chance to do something special, but you didn't think we deserved it and tried to run to Ped State at the first chance instead. You don't deserve our sympathy. You only deserve our contempt.

Advertisement
**** HIM. Dont wish him any success

Used care salesman that tried to bail 2 years ago. Hope he ends up coaching 8 and under girls flag football in Pennsylvania

The fault lies not with Al Golden, but with Donna Shalala and a Board of Trustees that didn't activate his buyout clause and give him the heave ho the minute he contacted Child Molestation State.

Sam Jankovich would have planted his boot up Al Golden's backside so fast the door wouldn't have been able to hit him on the way out. But now, the U has weak leadership.

It shouldn't have taken five years to get this far.

Advertisement
I wish him success unless we run into him. I will never wish bad luck onto another men unless he was a pedophile or some ****.

But Al dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

Advertisement
Golden should be one of those guys that companies hire to come in and does team building exercises, and motivational seminars with their employees

Ultimately, his loyalty to his friend D'nofrio and his bad defensive philosophy got him fired. A smarter, better HC fires D'oh after 2012 and institutes an aggressive, attacking scheme.

There is zero reason to play a read and react scheme considering the level of talent UM brings in. Good coaches adjust, bad coaches get fired.

Advertisement
I sincerely wish him nothing but the best in the future. Nice guy, just not suitable for Hurricanes head coach. I appreciate his integrity, but not the results.

Would love nothing more than to see him end up at Rutgers and we go up to NJ and beat the breaks off him in a few years

I can't believe that people are still making excuses for him. Whether or not he knew about things is irrelevant. If he didn't, so what? I fail to see how our "situation" affected his ability to win games. It's not like our self imposed bowl bans kept us from a spot in the national championship game. Also, it's not like this piece of excrement had a legitimate shot at 5 star studs. He should have won more, period!

Ultimately, his loyalty to his friend D'nofrio and his bad defensive philosophy got him fired. A smarter, better HC fires D'oh after 2012 and institutes an aggressive, attacking scheme.

There is zero reason to play a read and react scheme considering the level of talent UM brings in. Good coaches adjust, bad coaches get fired.

His entire system and all 3 phases of his team stunk. You are doing a tremendous disservice to his historic suck to make it seem like he was a DC away from being a winner.

Advertisement
Back