Al Golden: I want to thank UM for a tremendous opportunity

Advertisement
The worst coach in UM history and a total shyster. He threw players under the bus, and used every opportunity to conceal his own suckitude in order to continue stealing checks from UM. I have nothing but contempt for that maggot. I wish him the worst.

Excellent.

How about his attempt to slink off to Ped State a couple years ago? He's a festering carbuncle. I hope ESPN3 fires him 4 days after they hire him.

That phucking maggot tried to dip out to Ped State during the height of recruiting season after he Louisville just buttfvcked him in the Rustled Athletic Bowl. He has the honor of a weasel. I hope he dies at the hand of a Chinaman.
I hope that ************ strokes out and ends up in a coma with that ***** Shalala.

Ultimately, his loyalty to his friend D'nofrio and his bad defensive philosophy got him fired. A smarter, better HC fires D'oh after 2012 and institutes an aggressive, attacking scheme.

There is zero reason to play a read and react scheme considering the level of talent UM brings in. Good coaches adjust, bad coaches get fired.

His entire system and all 3 phases of his team stunk. You are doing a tremendous disservice to his historic suck to make it seem like he was a DC away from being a winner.

I believe he was a competent DC away from being competitive. That also includes a different philosophy (being more aggressive, etc) and not just playing 4-3 instead of 3-4, but he wasn't smart enough to realize it. He wasn't willing to compromise the only way of coaching defense that he knew, so he's no longer here. Dude is dumb, but we're not talking about a situation that didn't have a remedy. It did. He just was too stupid to swallow his pride and do what needed to be done.

As far as winning the ACC and competing for championships, maybe not because he wasn't exactly great at the other two phases like you said, but we suffered 4.5 years of the most inept defenses in the history of this program. All this nincompoop needed was an AVERAGE Miami defense ranking and he would still be employed. That's not even asking for them to be 2002-quality, just average. Middle of the road. But we yielded 500+ yards in nearly 20% of the games he was here for- that is an untenable situation.

It's just ******* impossible to even be 9-3 on an annual basis (which is the basis of average to me when it comes to Miami- not even good, just average) when you have D-linemen lining up in the frog stance, MLBs lining up with their hand on the ground 7 yards off the LOS, start safeties that run a 4.8 over others who actually have some athletic ability, and your idea of "playing aggressive" is to have your corners 5 yards off the LOS instead of 10. And none of these specific failures are incorrectable. Those are all fixable! A good DC could identify these flaws and help the HC correct them. But because he chose to honor a life-long friendship instead of doing his ******* job, he's now out on his *** and will never coach at a major program again.

Ultimately, his loyalty to his friend D'nofrio and his bad defensive philosophy got him fired. A smarter, better HC fires D'oh after 2012 and institutes an aggressive, attacking scheme.

There is zero reason to play a read and react scheme considering the level of talent UM brings in. Good coaches adjust, bad coaches get fired.

His entire system and all 3 phases of his team stunk. You are doing a tremendous disservice to his historic suck to make it seem like he was a DC away from being a winner.
I believe he was a competent DC away from being competitive.

I believe he was a competent OC away from being competitive and I believe he was a competent ST Coach away from being competitive, in addition to the DC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back