Al Blades Stat

Advertisement
Osu didn’t play against top competition week in and week out, it’s the big ten after all (Michigan, penn state and who else can realistically challenge them at receiver?(also played Clemson in the playoffs). Don’t even think they played Minnesota this year who had good receivers
So brock thinks OSU didnt play good competition yet pretty much every website has OSU playing top 10 strength of schedule. Miami plays a JV schedule pretty much year in and year out. Take off the orange and green glasses.

So brock thinks OSU didnt play good competition yet pretty much every website has OSU playing top 10 strength of schedule. Miami plays a JV schedule pretty much year in and year out. Take off the orange and green glasses.

Idk about JV schedule we play an SEC team every year and yes the ACC isn’t great but it produces talent.

Aside from landing high caliber Corners every year, one of the main things that gets LSU & Oh St CB's drafted so high is they put on tape their abilities to cover more than most & due to the pass rushers they typically have at those programs they can leave them out on the island by themselves.

We need to do more of that, I said earlier in this thread, we need to play more Press Man coverage on the outside. It will improve our Defense overall & help our CB recruiting, the main selling point being Playing time, which will ultimately result in getting our CB's drafted higher than the 4th round.

But in order to have the confidence in leaving your CB's out there to fend for themselves you have to recruit CB's that have the fluid hips & feet who can survive in one on one coverage. I've criticized our CB recruiting for obvious reason, but I'll at least acknowledge they've been trying to find more rangy athletes at that spot with kids like Williams, Dunson, Clarke & Malik Curtis, all of them were primailry WR's who played some CB in HS but will/are converted Corners in college.

Which is interesting cos the Panthers have a guy called Donte Jackson from LSU. He can't play zone for ****, but he's a pretty good man cover guy.

Advertisement
finally some 1 else see's it
B4495482-554F-477B-A261-240588B9ADD5.gif

Advertisement
I GUARANTEE Miami played better receivers than what osu Went against last year.

other than Clemson who had Higgins and ross who was really a threat to their dbs, nobody. Michigan had Donovan people jones but he wasn’t productive in college and penn state had kj hamler who is a stud. Miami didn’t play against scrubs receivers last year at all

Miami played against

Tamorrion Terry 1000 yard plus receiver 10 tds

Unc group
Dyami brown and Dazz newsome
Both had over 1000 yards and 10 tds each

uf group
Van Jefferson(went 2nd round) trevon grimes and others

uva group
Hasise Dubois and Joe reed(same group that torched uf dbs in the bowl game)

and I can name a few more but I’m not going to...

I GUARANTEE Miami played better receivers than what osu Went against last year.

other than Clemson who had Higgins and ross who was really a threat to their dbs, nobody. Michigan had Donovan people jones but he wasn’t productive in college and penn state had kj hamler who is a stud. Miami didn’t play against scrubs receivers last year at all

Miami played against

Tamorrion Terry 1000 yard plus receiver 10 tds

Unc group
Dyami brown and Dazz newsome
Both had over 1000 yards and 10 tds each

uf group
Van Jefferson(went 2nd round) trevon grimes and others

uva group
Hasise Dubois and Joe reed(same group that torched uf dbs in the bowl game)

and I can name a few more but I’m not going to...
Yeah he lost me with that one. We play wake this year and they have a guy that’ll be a first rounder on top of the other guys who are studs that we play yearly. Ohio state corners aren’t really challenged UNTIL the playoffs

Watched all the compressed LOSSES on YouTube this morning just to see who was guilty of giving up the play.

Compared to others, when Blades gave a reception up, he was on the WR’s *** - essentially blanketing the man. Bandy seemed to have a weakness at covering the deep ball but challenged on shorter passes. When Ivey was beaten, he was NOWHERE near his man. He never put himself in place to make a play. Love Bandy, happy he’s moving on though. I’d like to see TC in the nickel and Christian replace Ivey. Give Keontra more burn at striker as well.

Last edited:
Hey remember that one time when someone tried to tell yall that Blades was the best CB on our team last year hands down & some idiot actually tried to argue with him that it was Ivey?

Oh yeah... That was me, I'm someone.
who was that asshat on here arguing with me a few weeks back. i kept tagging you in the argument lol

Advertisement
who was that asshat on here arguing with me a few weeks back. i kept tagging you in the argument lol
Yeah I saw, I didn't respond because it was just too dumb & I didn't feel like having another bad faith argument with something that's already been proven lol.

THIS 1,000x THIS!

(And Couch ain't a Striker, he's a pure Corner, Striker is a Nickel LB/Safety we have a bunch of those lol)

But everything else you said was perfect.
I know striker is suppose to have the capability to go out and play corner, but I was always under the assumption we have a nickel personal that we’d send out on a 3rd down or after a time out.

Yeah I saw, I didn't respond because it was just too dumb & I didn't feel like having another bad faith argument with something that's already been proven lol.
**** I’m sorry I need to edit. I meant to say give Keontra more burn reps instead of shelving him behind Gil. TC at nuts is ridiculous sounding. That’s my bad!

Advertisement
**** I’m sorry I need to edit. I meant to say give Keontra more burn reps instead of shelving him behind Gil. That’s my bad!
I wasn't talking about you, there was another thread where a poster was trashing Blades that he was talking about.

You good, I figured you meant Smith instead of Couch, but it's all good I get what you meant lol.

I wasn't talking about you, there was another thread where a poster was trashing Blades that he was talking about.

You good, I figured you meant Smith instead of Couch, but it's all good I get what you meant lol.
Lol I remember one specific dude who was adamant it was Ivey who was our clear cut DB1 😂

Watched all the compressed LOSSES on YouTube this morning just to see who was guilty of giving up the play.

Compared to others, when Blades gave a reception up, he was on the WR’s *** - essentially blanketing the man. Bandy seemed to have a weakness at covering the deep ball but challenged on shorter passes. When Ivey was beaten, he was NOWHERE near his man. He never put himself in place to make a play. Love Bandy, happy he’s moving on though. I’d like to see TC in the nickel and Christian replace Ivey. Give Keontra more burn at striker as well.

Love it - Cept Bandy was pretty awful at times as well.. Of course we love them they are canes but film dont lie--- Blades was always around the ball just not in his favor -- Need to see him start talking **** again and becoming a competitor

1 played against top competition and one did not

Not top passing O competition.
Actually, Miami played better passing offenses than OSU did.

Of OSU's 14 opponents, only 4 were ranked in the top-50 in passing. 7 were ranked 90th or lower. Half their schedule had putrid passing games.
Of Miami's 12 opponents, 6 were ranked in the top-50 in passing. 3 were ranked 90th or lower.
I included Bethune as dead last (131st)

OSU's opponents average passing O ranking was 78th.
Miami's was 66th.

Now AB's numbers look even better.

Advertisement
Back