Al Blades Stat

Osu didn’t play against top competition week in and week out, it’s the big ten after all (Michigan, penn state and who else can realistically challenge them at receiver?(also played Clemson in the playoffs). Don’t even think they played Minnesota this year who had good receivers

Got you covered ^

Advertisement
Seriously w
Hey remember that one time when someone tried to tell yall that Blades was the best CB on our team last year hands down & some idiot actually tried to argue with him that it was Ivey?

Oh yeah... That was me, I'm someone.

why doesn’t he play more do you have any insight on that. He goes hard all the time and I really can’t understand it

Yet time and time again Miamis players got undrafted or playing on the practice squad but I am sure Blades will be picked higher when he leaves early

That wasn't the point, and It wasn't your point.
There were stats presented that showed he actually had a descent season.

You disputed that by saying 1 played against top competition.
He did not. Not top passing competition anyway.

Blades played against better passing teams.

Advertisement
Im still trying to find blades highlights.. Cant even find them of him in highschool.. did he even start ?

Id rather see Tc - CW or TAE in-- Tae can play some CB if needed

I GUARANTEE Miami played better receivers than what osu Went against last year.

other than Clemson who had Higgins and ross who was really a threat to their dbs, nobody. Michigan had Donovan people jones but he wasn’t productive in college and penn state had kj hamler who is a stud. Miami didn’t play against scrubs receivers last year at all

Miami played against

Tamorrion Terry 1000 yard plus receiver 10 tds

Unc group
Dyami brown and Dazz newsome
Both had over 1000 yards and 10 tds each

uf group
Van Jefferson(went 2nd round) trevon grimes and others

uva group
Hasise Dubois and Joe reed(same group that torched uf dbs in the bowl game)

and I can name a few more but I’m not going to...

Thats not better than what OSU faced and when we faced UF they had a Rosier like qb playing in Frank's who couldn't hit the side of a barn. We also faced unc early before Howell really clicked with his receivers. We also don't shadow top receivers with any corner like Ohio state does as they'll match up with guys on both sides. Here's a few guys they faced but you'll hype up like we faced first rounders every week. OSU also played Clemson.

Clemson top 3 receivers alone are better than anything we faced in Higgins, Ross, and Rodgers

KJ Hamler
Donovon Peoples Jones
Quintez Celphus
Cody white
Whop Phylor

Thats not better than what OSU faced and when we faced UF they had a Rosier like qb playing in Frank's who couldn't hit the side of a barn. We also faced unc early before Howell really clicked with his receivers. We also don't shadow top receivers with any corner like Ohio state does as they'll match up with guys on both sides. Here's a few guys they faced but you'll hype up like we faced first rounders every week. OSU also played Clemson.

Clemson top 3 receivers alone are better than anything we faced in Higgins, Ross, and Rodgers

KJ Hamler
Donovon Peoples Jones
Quintez Celphus
Cody white
Whop Phylor

Nobody goes as hard to discredit their own team as Miami fans. Will cap for every other team in the nation.

Advertisement
Watched all the compressed LOSSES on YouTube this morning just to see who was guilty of giving up the play.

Compared to others, when Blades gave a reception up, he was on the WR’s *** - essentially blanketing the man. Bandy seemed to have a weakness at covering the deep ball but challenged on shorter passes. When Ivey was beaten, he was NOWHERE near his man. He never put himself in place to make a play. Love Bandy, happy he’s moving on though. I’d like to see TC in the nickel and Christian replace Ivey. Give Keontra more burn at striker as well.

I remember when people tried to trash Blades for the bowl game..
Posted these screenshots of every single pass he gave up that game, Because people said he got torched.

screenshot-7-jpg.106323

screenshot-8-jpg.106324

screenshot-9-jpg.106325

Nobody goes as hard to discredit their own team as Miami fans. Will cap for every other team in the nation.

Fans are harder on their own team because they watch them each week. Go look at other teams boards and its the same. Then we have some fans who are homers and cant see the truth. Brock said before the season Bandy was better than CJ. There were also selective stats last year where Bandy had a good PFF grade for certain stats. Some warned how that wasn't the full picture and then last season exposed alot of his issues.

Posted these screenshots of every single pass he gave up that game, Because people said he got torched.

screenshot-7-jpg.106323

screenshot-8-jpg.106324

screenshot-9-jpg.106325

I don't remember that from the bowl game but from FIU game there was talk especially the one drive where they went at him the whole drive

screenshot-7-jpg.106323

screenshot-8-jpg.106324

screenshot-9-jpg.106325

I just rewatched this game on the fast play on YouTube and he gave up more than just these plays and the stills don't show it all. He got shook and gave up the inside like 4 times on 3rd down for first downs. The last one was the worst and he wasn't nearly as close as this still makes it seem.. the safety had to make the tackle 10 to 15 yards downfield. I think almost every time he got benched the next play except the last one and the next play after that he missed a tackle in the backfield and was taken out the game after that.. we never know the down and distance and its rare that we ever disrupt patterns to not allow guys free releases inside on 3rd downs. This game i was drunk halfway thru the first quarter because we looked so god awful. Their qb was a worse version of Rosier and we had Jarren playing like a blind man at qb as well. Blades bigger concern was tackling and not getting off blocks. Teams started going at his side with WR sceens every game because he wont fight off blocks

Last edited:
Advertisement
I just rewatched this game on the fast play on YouTube and he gave up more than just these plays and the stills don't show it all. He got shook and gave up the inside like 4 times on 3rd down for first downs. The last one was the worst and he wasn't nearly as close as this still makes it seem.. the safety had to make the tackle 10 to 15 yards downfield. I think almost every time he got benched the next play except the last one and the next play after that he missed a tackle in the backfield and was taken out the game after that.. we never know the down and distance and its rare that we ever disrupt patterns to not allow guys free releases inside on 3rd downs. This game i was drunk halfway thru the first quarter because we looked so god awful. Their qb was a worse version of Rosier and we had Jarren playing like a blind man at qb as well. Blades bigger concern was tackling and not getting off blocks. Teams started going at his side with WR sceens every game because he wont fight off blocks

I mentioned the last one was bad, considering it was a slant. But I'm going to need some time stamps if you're saying it was more than that. I literally watched that game front to back. He was credited with giving up 5 catches, but after watching it multiple times, I only saw 3, unless i missed something. This was the original post:

I'm amazed how stupid fans are... This moron really just said this In comparison between virtually any top corner... He's a nickel/back up corner. Meaning he gaurds seldom targeted options for a reason. Okudah would lock down primary recievers while lil al would rotate on 3rd & fourth recievers and backs. C'mon man. Let the kid grow first.

I'm amazed how stupid fans are... This moron really just said this In comparison between virtually any top corner... He's a nickel/back up corner. Meaning he gaurds seldom targeted options for a reason. Okudah would lock down primary recievers while lil al would rotate on 3rd & fourth recievers and backs. C'mon man. Let the kid grow first.
@dsddcane...the Stupidity knows no Bounds...

Advertisement

screenshot-7-jpg.106323

screenshot-8-jpg.106324

screenshot-9-jpg.106325

We're not giving guys trophies just for being in the vicinity, are we?
I mean, it's Louisiana Tech. How 'bout giving up ZERO catches?

Truth is, teams have picked on him plenty. He gets absolutely worked on slants.
However, all of our CB's have during Manny/Rumph's tenure here, so I'm not ready to blame the kid. Probably has something to do with the way we play press.

We're not giving guys trophies just for being in the vicinity, are we?
I mean, it's Louisiana Tech. How 'bout giving up ZERO catches?

Truth is, teams have picked on him plenty. He gets absolutely worked on slants.
However, all of our CB's have during Manny/Rumph's tenure here, so I'm not ready to blame the kid. Probably has something to do with the way we play press.

Isn't Manny's defense notorious for getting absolutely torn apart when attacking the middle?

Fans are harder on their own team because they watch them each week. Go look at other teams boards and its the same. Then we have some fans who are homers and cant see the truth. Brock said before the season Bandy was better than CJ. There were also selective stats last year where Bandy had a good PFF grade for certain stats. Some warned how that wasn't the full picture and then last season exposed alot of his issues.
quit saying bullsh*t just to say it. Never said bandy was better than henderson before the season but I did Say he was better than Marco Wilson(bandy was/had been better than him since entering college)
2839DA4E-91D8-4076-BCEA-2A352295ACFB.jpeg

I mentioned the last one was bad, considering it was a slant. But I'm going to need some time stamps if you're saying it was more than that. I literally watched that game front to back. He was credited with giving up 5 catches, but after watching it multiple times, I only saw 3, unless i missed something. This was the original post:

1255 first quarter
1432 2nd quarter they run a WR screen at him, not sure if they credited this play on him or not
1429 3rd quarter...ran another slant and he played deep while Knowles played the underneath. I looked at the other corners and looked like we were in man tho.

Sometimes you have to hone in every play and you'll see more than just the catches someone gave up. Ivey was beat more often than it shows but their qb was Rosier like and couldn't hit open guys most thr day. If any player is repeatedly targeted on 3rd down and gives up at least 3 on 3rd and 5, 3rd and 8 situations... something is off and the opposing team saw that on film as well. La tech was 6 for 16 on 3rd down. 3 came on Blades. The last four years this is repeatedly a concern when we need a stop we can't get it alot of the time. Bandy giving up the first down on 4th and 17 vs UNC, Mike Jackson vs GT when we all knew they had to pass, Wisconsin in the bowl game, Pitt in 2017, and etc. The last 4 years we've been lucky and have faced alot of inept offenses with erratic play or just not good teams. Its almost like we needed to face Clemson each year so fans can see how we actual look vs good receivers. We didnt face Lamar Jackson or DeShaun Watson with this staff either. We also have 2 deep many plays and dont trust our corners in man. If they were playing straight man with no safety help I'd understand giving up slants or some underneath throws but they have help behind and still don't play the underneath stuff or take away each throws consists for 1st downs

I edited it from 4 to 3 on 3rd down. The first one was a first down slant. I thought it was 3rd as well. He beat Blades and then Knowles missed the tackle after that

Advertisement
Back