Al Blades JR

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hes a true sophomore. With development and reps this years, he will breakout next year. The one thing we can say about the secondary players under Rumph..they don't regress very often unlike many other position groups. I know most think Bandy has regressed but he hasn't been as bad as most on here are potraying. Hes just not the **** Honey Badger like CIS always has hyped him to be. Hes a solid starter. Nothing bad about that.

Blades should be playing over Ivey even with the Pitt picks. He's a better cover corner and has more dog in him. As stated, his tackling needs improvement but easier to fix.

Advertisement
I think you don’t really start closing the book on Ivey until next year. Some players take a while to develop. Let’s see if he puts in the work in the off season to get better. That said, How about Bobby Knowles on a pass break up and a goal line tackle on Saturday !!!

Blades has big-time "potential".....my only big issue with him right now is angle tackling....seems to misjudge alot...
He's still adjusting to speed difference in college. His High School team mates were mush faster than than Pitt players. Plus Panthers appeared fast because Canes are so frigging slow since the last Randy recruit left. I had hoped Golden leaving would have fixed that but no sign of speed yet.

Advertisement
I dont see what ya'll are seeing. I constantly see people running out of his tackles -- He has 1 INT in 2 years. That one PBU in the end zone against GT (?) is the only "playmaking" play I've seen from him. I must be missing it because everyone seems to love this guy. Is it because of his dad (RIP), his recruitment, what??

Methinks if his name wasnt Blades he'd be on more $#itlists.

Advertisement
I dont see what ya'll are seeing. I constantly see people running out of his tackles -- He has 1 INT in 2 years. That one PBU in the end zone against GT (?) is the only "playmaking" play I've seen from him. I must be missing it because everyone seems to love this guy. Is it because of his dad (RIP), his recruitment, what??

Methinks if his name wasnt Blades he'd be on more $#itlists.
He’s been Miami’s best corner this year

Hes a true sophomore. With development and reps this years, he will breakout next year. The one thing we can say about the secondary players under Rumph..they don't regress very often unlike many other position groups. I know most think Bandy has regressed but he hasn't been as bad as most on here are potraying. Hes just not the **** Honey Badger like CIS always has hyped him to be. Hes a solid starter. Nothing bad about that.
Both Blades and Ivey have good size and potential. Both are young and learning. Both should be much better next year. Hoping Bandy stays. With Couch and Williams having a learning year and being backups, the 2020 CB room might be better than in a long time.

He's been alright on a lackluster unit that is young. We'll see what happens, but him and the others have a long way to go.

Advertisement
Back