Al Blades, Jr. feels bond with fellow DB commits

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami defensive back commit Al Blades, Jr. was one of the 19 commits on campus this weekend for an official visit. It’s safe to say that although he won’t be signing on December 20th, he is solid with his commitment.

“This weekend felt like we were part of the team and of the program. You cant compare this to any unofficial visit,” Blades said.

“I’m 100% percent,” Blades, Jr. reassured Canes fans.

The Storm 18 class bond is something that has been evident over the course of the recruiting cycle – Blades, Jr. explained what this weekend was like around his future teammates and in particular, the defensive backs.

“When we’re all together, there’s no lacking in communication or attitude between us. We all can be ourselves and enjoy each other’s company. I know D.J. is a little bit quieter, but we’re all funny, outgoing people and when it comes down to us being together, it’s like family,” he said.

His family certainly enjoyed their stay as well.

“They loved every bit of it -- especially how the coaches operated and they love how they were family oriented.”

The lengthy DB said he actually got a workout in at the hotel and is focused on staying in shape before enrolling in May. He will run track in the spring as well.

“I try to hit the weight room as much as I can. I weighed myself in the gym there and I was 182, but I’m not sure how accurate that was. I don’t want to gain too much weight right now, I’m trying to maintain more. The reason I’m kind of trying to beef up right now is because I know that when I run track, I’ll probably lose some weight,” Blades said about where he’s at physically.

His message for Canes fans?

“Just stay tuned. Come out to the games and watch the evolution of The U.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
College ready physically. I love the mentality of the kids in this class. This is a very serious driven group. Getting a work out in on your OV? How many ppl force themselves to work out when they are on vacation? Crazy.

why not sign on the 20th? whats the point?

It’s an STA thing. They want their guys to sign on traditional signing day

Even the high schools are in on the 'decision' because r they have a 'thing'?...I agree with Saban this early signing period is stupid, and I thought it would be a relief, or maybe I should just not follow the 'board'...maybe in a few years it will prove out...right now it's let's give more attention to the the attention whores and publicly to the high schools and 'their' signing day...really in the end only gonna help the IMG's of the world...BIness...

why not sign on the 20th? whats the point?

It’s an STA thing. They want their guys to sign on traditional signing day

Even the high schools are in on the 'decision' because r they have a 'thing'?...I agree with Saban this early signing period is stupid, and I thought it would be a relief, or maybe I should just not follow the 'board'...maybe in a few years it will prove out...right now it's let's give more attention to the the attention whores and publicly to the high schools and 'their' signing day...really in the end only gonna help the IMG's of the world...BIness...

What's the problem here? There will be so many fewer kids seeking attention in Jan/Feb, and that's when the real attention whores come out. Instead of 2 more months of daily updates and meltdowns on 25 kids, now there will only be 5-10 to be concerned with.

I really can't see how this is a bad thing, and I especially can't see how you'd agree with saban on anything. That guy literally only cares about things that benefit him.

Advertisement
Back