Al Blades, Jr. commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
I'm sure your dad is proud.

Big shoes to fill but I think Al will be the best of the best of the Blades!

You remember Uncle Bennie, right? Big shoes doesn't really cover that task. That said, it would be something special if this kid could do that.

Bennie was a bad boy. Seems to get left out of a lot of discussions when folks talk about the best to roam around a Canes secondary. He was a goon, savage... before those labels were out. What was he, a top 5 pick for the Lions? That's how good of a player he was. Not sure how much film there is on the dude, but to those that did not have a chance to see him play, look him up. He will quickly join your conversation of the greatest Cane ever.

Blades is the best cb prospect in the country, not named Tyson Campbell. If rumph closes on Campbell, we would have our top 6 dbs locked down. Honestly, I'd be just fine with a 6 man class of Campbell, blades, Ivey, hall, jobe, and frierson. Use that 7th ship on a 3rd de like chatfield if that helps to secure Campbell and silvera.

Chatfield will not be offered by miami

Advertisement
You want to know something that blows my mind? I went over to the UT boards to see what their reaction was after the positive comments Blades said towards UT yesterday, come to find out that UT fans are higher on Blades than we are. Even after he committed some called him the number 1 CB in the country along with Surtain. Just blows my mind other fan bases are higher on a Blades than we are. That being said I know we realize this is a massive pickup.

you seem to be conflicted or out of touch

You remember Uncle Bennie, right? Big shoes doesn't really cover that task. That said, it would be something special if this kid could do that.

Bennie was a bad boy. Seems to get left out of a lot of discussions when folks talk about the best to roam around a Canes secondary. He was a goon, savage... before those labels were out. What was he, a top 5 pick for the Lions? That's how good of a player he was. Not sure how much film there is on the dude, but to those that did not have a chance to see him play, look him up. He will quickly join your conversation of the greatest Cane ever.

Man was an absolute killer who set a tone and backed it up, the CANES way. Al Blades must have those instincts in his genes, watch out, BLades is coming. We back now!!

Welcome to the U not required as he is already part of the U. Love how he did it on Fathers Day.

Advertisement
**** we just signed Al freakin Blades Jr...cherry on the top!! I LOVE how he trolled TN first too...and on Fathers Day! The only thing he slipped on was a commitment vid where he took a **** in a Noles hat.

Blades is the best cb prospect in the country, not named Tyson Campbell. If rumph closes on Campbell, we would have our top 6 dbs locked down. Honestly, I'd be just fine with a 6 man class of Campbell, blades, Ivey, hall, jobe, and frierson. Use that 7th ship on a 3rd de like chatfield if that helps to secure Campbell and silvera.

Interdasting...

Oh well, back to Blades!

Fvck Tennessee! All I care about is this U right here!!! Welcome, AJ!!!!!!!!

Advertisement

I guess people neglect that he was given the opportunity to get the offer at the camp when he lost every rep he got.

When I saw this last night, the first thing I thought about was the BUZZ The Vols thought they was making with AB!! BUT I must admit their were some Vols Fan's that wasn't buying it BUT their was some that really thought they had a shot and BOY I bet they're not happy about it today.. BUT all in all, after listening to AB after his visit to Tenn. and seeing him commit a day later, just shows that recruiting is crazy and we can't believe nothing til it happens!! **Welcome Back ABjr* I like this kid, he will bring that attitude to the secondary, I can't wait to see the interview with Rumph after a few practices with this loaded secondary in the spring of 2018..

Advertisement

Man was an absolute killer who set a tone and backed it up, the CANES way. Al Blades must have those instincts in his genes, watch out, BLades is coming. We back now!!

I was on Greentree a lot back in the day. Bennie was one of the reasons practice was more vicious than game day. The legends of the Blades brothers fighting are not exaggerations. Ed Reed and ST, RIP, are legends in their own rite but Bennie takes back seat to neither. Like any discussion about Hurricane GOAT overall or by position, it is almost impossible to pick one. Heck, Fred Marion deserves to be in the discussion too.

If they were all on the same team on once, who would start? I guess I go with Bennie on the basis of fear alone. Who would have the guts to trot on out the field without looking back to see if Bennie was headed at him with evil intent. Thank The Lord for us being Hurricane fans all these years. I still think The Mad Stork is GOAT. If you never had the pleasure of watching him play, you just wouldn't understand. As an All American at DE and then All Pro at outside LB, Ted would have been even greater in today's game than when he played.

DBU is coming! Right now, with the players on the current roster, and projected signing of the listed 5 DBs, the Canes are prime for big time performances in the near future. Campbell has a great opportunity to join this elite group, but the decision must be based on competing...not given a position. Let's back fill the LB group, and get solid DTs who wants to be Canes. I have been waiting 8 years to feel this way about the upcoming season and our future. No longer, I hope we can win...

I guess people neglect that he was given the opportunity to get the offer at the camp when he lost every rep he got.

This. Like that song by Eminem, "Lose Yourself"..He had his one shot..he missed his chance. I am not saying Kool would have offered him on the spot..but if he had showed out and then came to Paradise camp and showed out again..im sure Kool would have had second thoughts. At this point, seems like this is a done deal.

Waiting for [MENTION=1396]blackvern[/MENTION]'s comment.

Cmon dude Im happy as *****..... Played street football back in the day with his pops I got pictures with the dude.. Me, Al, Julian, Jesse, Donald

As a matter a fact he stayed at my boy apartment in tallahassee FSU homecoming 1998

Shed real tears when that man died
happy to have dude

Fixed your error, NoleVern

You can thank me later

Advertisement
Back