Rumor (Ain’t no way) Bubba Bolden (is) Returning for 2022

I don't think Rambo would've fit our current system tbh...

A lot people seem to forget that a huge part to why Rambo was so productive last year was because of the Offensive system he was playing in, it wasn't because he was some NFL caliber talent.

He understood the Offense because it was basically what he played in HS & had a lot of similarities in terms of concepts/routes to what he did at Oklahoma, so it was pretty much a seamless transition for him.

I don't see Rambo being as productive in the Michigan Spread as he was with Lashlee.

How did that Lash spread help him secure a job at the next level? hmmmmmmm

Advertisement
TVD just feeds his guys. Would have been tough to replicate that production, even under Lashlee...but he would have been our leader at the position. I'm not even a big Rambo fan like that...but another guy that TVD trusted out there would have been fine, even if he wasn't a good fit.
Rashee Rice is top 10 in the Nation in catches & yards playing the same position that Rambo played in the same Offense.

The productivity is baked into the system.

The marketshare for targets is essentially alloted for that spot.

How did that Lash spread help him secure a job at the next level? hmmmmmmm
Bingo! Doesn't matter what offense we run if we don't have NFL talent. Our best team ever ran a pro-style offense and we dominated because we had dominant players on the oline, at RB, WR, and TE, not to mention the ultimate competitor at QB who studied film for every opponent.

Lashlee was fun against any mediocre defense, but it takes big time players in big games and unfortunately none of those guys we had last year were NFL guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back