Ahmmon Richards Launches Sports Agency

CaneSinceForEver

Sophomore
"I knew I wanted to stay around sports,” Richards said. “I didn't want to get away from it. I was thinking over the past two years with how I was getting recruited by all of these agencies and all of their pros and cons. I was thinking I wanted to start my own agency and go off on the cons that a lot of agencies do. For example a lot of agencies don't talk to you unless you're a big-name player or something they can get from you in a sense. I kind of witnessed it first-hand and it rubbed me the wrong way especially with a lot of my friends who are signed to agencies have a lot of issues. They feel the agency is not really marketing them as well as they should and different things like that. I wanted to do it the right way in a sense. I want to do it the way I feel it should be done."

Advertisement
"I knew I wanted to stay around sports,” Richards said. “I didn't want to get away from it. I was thinking over the past two years with how I was getting recruited by all of these agencies and all of their pros and cons. I was thinking I wanted to start my own agency and go off on the cons that a lot of agencies do. For example a lot of agencies don't talk to you unless you're a big-name player or something they can get from you in a sense. I kind of witnessed it first-hand and it rubbed me the wrong way especially with a lot of my friends who are signed to agencies have a lot of issues. They feel the agency is not really marketing them as well as they should and different things like that. I wanted to do it the right way in a sense. I want to do it the way I feel it should be done."

Maybe go intern and work a bit at a agency before starting your own

So he was talking to agencies as an undergrad?

And is business idea is to focus on players who aren’t valuable?

Advertisement
So he was talking to agencies as an undergrad?

And is business idea is to focus on players who aren’t valuable?

I mean its pretty obvious with our juniors high tailing it every year. This will likely bomb unless he loads up on our undrafted type guys...

He would have been better off actually getting some work in the field before jumping out the window. Wish him luck though

Advertisement
Back