AH4 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
View as article
This one, I feel, was a questionable move. Schwartz is an intriguing prospect for many reasons.

Not questioning that. Id just like an explanation on those many reasons if you dont mind. Ill give you he has world class speed. What other reasons does he have?

He would have been the 4th WR in this class and you can afford to take a flyer on a guy like him. A guy like him isn’t going to start for you but imo, you can always draw up plays for an elite guy like this (jet sweeps, drag routes, fly routes and not t mention special teams) It’s not like he was an elite track guy who happened to play football - he is a decent football player. There is track speed and then there is elite track speed and he has that. Always worth taking a flyer on a guy like that imo

Ok. Personally i dont feel his ELITE track speed transitions to pads & the field. He does have plenty of speed though. However with the 3 we already had and only a debate as to if we bother to take 4 would you still take him over jacob Copeland, Warren Thompson or ezzard? Cause ezzard is our 4th reciever & we turned down both Copeland & Thompson. You might as well add grimes to that also cause he begged us to transfer in. Would you take the Schwartz is with you over any of them? For me the answer is a simple no. Only one i take him over is buddy from booker t.

Why does everyone swoon over the Swarcht speed but then discount the Bethel speed? Are they that far apart?

I dont think so. And from what ive seen bethel is actually the better option only in the sense that schwartz speed is straight line. Not very shifty. Bethel can be a special teams demon for us. We definitely still need to do something about special teams. Every now & again its great to know you can count on a decent return to kickstart your offense.

Advertisement
Nesta liked both Marcos tweet laughing at our stadium and Schwartz tweet laughing in reply. He's either trolling the Turds or he gone. Seriously who likes a tweet trashing the school your on a visit too? I ****ing hate recruiting.

YOu probably shouldn't follow recruiting

Just wanted to point out that [MENTION=17467]Dan Sileo JR[/MENTION] stated that PS2 was announcing at 10am well before any info came out and now it’s been confirmed that PS2 is announcing at 10a.

Honestly, I feel all 4 will sign b/c of Rumph. He’s coached all these boys up to be where they are and he vouched for Surtain Sr to get the head coaching job at AH.

Just wanted to point out that [MENTION=17467]Dan Sileo JR[/MENTION] stated that PS2 was announcing at 10am well before any info came out and now it’s been confirmed that PS2 is announcing at 10a.

Honestly, I feel all 4 will sign b/c of Rumph. He’s coached all these boys up to be where they are and he vouched for Surtain Sr to get the head coaching job at AH.

He did point that out before anyone had it

Advertisement

He did point that out before anyone had it

he also pointed out that PS2 will visit before ps2 even confirmed it (well before)

I’m with AU on this. I take the Schwartz kid b/c of his speed and b/c he’s an AH kid which may have solidified our standing with all the AH kids.

Just to clarify, Schwartz wanted in but was never given the opportunity to by our staff.

This one, I feel, was a questionable move. Schwartz is an intriguing prospect for many reasons.

Not questioning that. Id just like an explanation on those many reasons if you dont mind. Ill give you he has world class speed. What other reasons does he have?

He would have been the 4th WR in this class and you can afford to take a flyer on a guy like him. A guy like him isn’t going to start for you but imo, you can always draw up plays for an elite guy like this (jet sweeps, drag routes, fly routes and not t mention special teams) It’s not like he was an elite track guy who happened to play football - he is a decent football player. There is track speed and then there is elite track speed and he has that. Always worth taking a flyer on a guy like that imo

Ok. Personally i dont feel his ELITE track speed transitions to pads & the field. He does have plenty of speed though. However with the 3 we already had and only a debate as to if we bother to take 4 would you still take him over jacob Copeland, Warren Thompson or ezzard? Cause ezzard is our 4th reciever & we turned down both Copeland & Thompson. You might as well add grimes to that also cause he begged us to transfer in. Would you take the Schwartz is with you over any of them? For me the answer is a simple no. Only one i take him over is buddy from booker t.
Did you just quote Spaceballs?

I’m with AU on this. I take the Schwartz kid b/c of his speed and b/c he’s an AH kid which may have solidified our standing with all the AH kids.
That's something golden would do and Is why our roster is like it is now. Just taking kids because

Advertisement

Why does everyone swoon over the Swarcht speed but then discount the Bethel speed? Are they that far apart?
For 40-50 yds there’s not much difference between Schwartz, Campbell or Bethel. 4.3 is 4.3.

I dont think so. And from what ive seen bethel is actually the better option only in the sense that schwartz speed is straight line. Not very shifty. Bethel can be a special teams demon for us. We definitely still need to do something about special teams. Every now & again its great to know you can count on a decent return to kickstart your offense.

One has a 10.15 speed, which happens to be youth 100m world record and the other's best mark this past year was 10.80. One is not like the other and yes, I understand there's track vs football speed but when you're talking 10.15, that's elite track speedn that translates to the field.

As for your earlier question, dee, I would have taken schwartz over ezzard but that's me and I get the arguement to that one. Copeland, imo, was never coming here despite his interest in us, so that's a moot point. Thompson is a nice player, but again, I would have taken the flyer on Schwartz over him, but that's me and my affinity for speed.

Just to clarify, Schwartz wanted in but was never given the opportunity to by our staff.

Ezzard as our 4th receiver in this class would be unreal. Combining them with the guys from last year, plus a healthy Richards and lets see what Cager can do since he showed flashes at the end and our receiving core is nasty!

Advertisement

Lol no Schwartz is a bum and he holds no rank with any of the AH4

I was at the Wisconsin game and it was a great atmosphere as well with the majority being Canes fans. Granted it was the Orange Bowl.

Schwartz will be a nobody at Auburn like he is now.. that's why this staff looked at him and said NEXT! He's not better than any of the other receivers we already have committed and not on Ezzards level at anything related to football.

He's crying bc he's just another Jag in Auburn Alabama lol so sad

Advertisement
Might be a cold take in a few years but I'll go on record and say that I think ezzard will have the best college career of any wr we sign this year

Dude is super productive and physical and can work his way in the rotation and get open over the middle

When we first went after him I asked what the competition level was because some of the DBs looked like midgets compared to him but he plays big and uses his size well

Might be a cold take in a few years but I'll go on record and say that I think ezzard will have the best college career of any wr we sign this year

Dude is super productive and physical and can work his way in the rotation and get open over the middle

When we first went after him I asked what the competition level was because some of the DBs looked like midgets compared to him but he plays big and uses his size well

not far fetched. Ezzard is a stud.

Mm

He and Hightower will abuse DBs. Those two are crazy physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back