Against better judgement?

M.Hendrix

Freshman
I read a lot here. And have somewhat figured out how to navigate through the garbage, from the comedy, to the real info, etc... Gonna ask because if you read here, chances are this has happened to you! I have a friend, who doesn't watch College football (he's a soccer fan...I know, I should've known), that wants to get married in Oct! My first response was,"glad you not doing it on a Saturday! Half those fail statistically!" He hit me with Oct 10th or 24th...... FSU or Clemson! (who we only play every 7 yrs! and I live in Charleston now so lots of Tigers around) I don't expect a lot from an Al Golden coached team, but I wanna watch regardless. I asked him why he didn't wanna do it in soccer season, or during world cup. But they don't get it. How do I satisfy them without frikn' up my day?

Advertisement
I read a lot here. And have somewhat figured out how to navigate through the garbage, from the comedy, to the real info, etc... Gonna ask because if you read here, chances are this has happened to you! I have a friend, who doesn't watch College football (he's a soccer fan...I know, I should've known), that wants to get married in Oct! My first response was,"glad you not doing it on a Saturday! Half those fail statistically!" He hit me with Oct 10th or 24th...... FSU or Clemson! (who we only play every 7 yrs! and I live in Charleston now so lots of Tigers around) I don't expect a lot from an Al Golden coached team, but I wanna watch regardless. I asked him why he didn't wanna do it in soccer season, or during world cup. But they don't get it. How do I satisfy them without frikn' up my day?

Go to your friend's wedding. It's not like you don't have enough evidence of how Al Golden does against winning programs. You know he's going to ruin either of those days anyway since you still care enough to want to watch.

Last edited:
Phucking man up an tell that kick baller: "Man I'm watching the CANES on every Saturday they play so I can't support you until our open date"

Advertisement
Any other time I'd say this is a tough decision but this an Al Golden coached team. Go to the wedding .

Get drunk and have fun. There'll be 5-6 more games to watch us lose

more than likely both games will be on ESPN, so you can watch them either right after the wedding or the next day on ESPN3

if this was any other canes team then the last 10 years..
I would choose free booze and ladies over this clown show.......

I will guarantee you heartache and pain while the wedding could be fun and exciting

Advertisement

I live in charleston too my man haven't seen many of us around

Last edited:
I missed two games last season b/c of weddings/galas and we lost them both. Hopefully I'll have a few fall on UM games and we lose those as well.

Advertisement
If the wedding is the day of the Clemson game they better have a room at the reception with the game on cause those Clemson fans aren't gonna miss that game. If it's the day of the FSU game and the game time conflicts with the wedding, you tape the game and watch later if you know it's gonna be a kick *** reception. Otherwise, you blow off the wedding.

If you want I can go stand in for you at the wedding.

The failure rate of marriages may be 50%, but the failure rate of Golden vs FSU and Clemson is and will be 100%. Go to the wedding.

Advertisement
Watch the first half against FSU that's it and enjoy the wedding.

I would tell him to put it on the Clemson weekend - if we beat them it's because they suck and it's not a big deal, at least its something to be excited about if we beat FSU.

My wife was the maid of honor in one of our best friends weddings a few years back during the Miami/ND game at Soldier Field I had been planning on going to since the game was announced. The bride even tried to avoid that date for me but the venue was only available on that date. I dvr'd the game, came home the next morning and was extremely happy I didn't waste thousands on seeing that debacle.

Just DVR the game, turn off your phone, enjoy the wedding, and watch the game the next day.

I live in charleston too my man haven't seen many of us around

I was actually surprised at the number of Canes tags and stickers etc..... Especially at work, we have about 8000 employees so far, so always see Miami license plates in the lot. In fact, I work with Zach Mcloud's Uncle, his truck is like a UM billboard!. lol

Advertisement
Back