After We Lose in the Chuck E Cheez Bowl Will Manny Be Fired

Delusional. Texas is talented but no different than where we are. No one is getting fired from Miami before their third year after being ranked most of the season and signing a fringe top 10 class. Not saying he should or shouldn't be fired, I'm just saying it's not going to happen.
When the **** did I say he’s going to get fired now? I’ll wait for your answer? Smh what I did say is this no different then 2017 which led to the disaster that was 2018 and richt gone. And get out of my face with Texas being no different then where we are, smh we just got our **** pushed in by a team full of majority 3 stars! And Texas has a better running back then those two UNC backs combined. So another bowl loss by an unmotivated team that’s quit on its coach and doesn’t want to be there followed by the massacre that will be bama in 2021 and it’s 2018 all Over again.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And then we’ll hear the “ rusty” excuse. This team has been off for 3 weeks. We started slow and that cost us, we’ve heard them all!

Advertisement
Does the recruiting class make anyone think differently about Diaz?

Advertisement
Reason I specifically said "as far as record is concerned". Offense looks better, defense looks worse and we can argue all day about that. But 9-2 or 8-3 > 6-7.
Only real difference has been at kicker. If you put Baxa on this team, we are a .500 team. It's really that simple. I like King and Lashlee, but if you think they even came close to living up to the hype, you've got to take off your orange and green glasses. They were better than Enos and Williams, but is that really our standard? "They are better than complete crap, so we are on the right track!" They were brutally bad against the good teams we faced. They were extremely average against the average teams we faced. They looked great against FSU and Duke, the two weakest teams on our schedule. I'll throw NCST in as they did well in that game as well. Weird, because we looked great against them on O last year as well. Record setting, even.

Fact is, with an average kicker we are not 6-7 last year. We all saw it. My problem with last season is that those games should have never come down to a missed kick. Same as this year. The games this year came down to a FG or less, but we made them. That does not mean the team improved. It means the kicker improved.

I'll ask one simple question. What do you think UF would do to us in a rematch from last year?

Wins and losses do not tell the whole story.

You folks clamoring for Diaz to be fired seem to think we can just get anybody we want in here for the job, like there's a litany of top coaches just stepping all over each other for the job. Whats your plan when he leaves? What it the guy you want doesn't want the job? Then what?

Then we'll hire Banda. Rinse & repeat. We are a fringe top 25 team with lightning in a bottle potential. The glory days are over.

Advertisement
Only real difference has been at kicker. If you put Baxa on this team, we are a .500 team. It's really that simple. I like King and Lashlee, but if you think they even came close to living up to the hype, you've got to take off your orange and green glasses. They were better than Enos and Williams, but is that really our standard? "They are better than complete crap, so we are on the right track!" They were brutally bad against the good teams we faced. They were extremely average against the average teams we faced. They looked great against FSU and Duke, the two weakest teams on our schedule. I'll throw NCST in as they did well in that game as well. Weird, because we looked great against them on O last year as well. Record setting, even.

Fact is, with an average kicker we are not 6-7 last year. We all saw it. My problem with last season is that those games should have never come down to a missed kick. Same as this year. The games this year came down to a FG or less, but we made them. That does not mean the team improved. It means the kicker improved.

I'll ask one simple question. What do you think UF would do to us in a rematch from last year?

Wins and losses do not tell the whole story.
I agree with pretty much everything you said in this post. My point was that just cause us fans see something one way, doesn't mean the people making those decisions will.

You can make the argument that kicking Baxa to the curb and getting a real kicker was the move that really saved Diaz his job. Regardless though, no one is firing a coach after year 2 that went 7-2 in their conference with only ranked losses because the wins didnt look good enough.

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

When the helm did I say he’s going to get fired now? I’ll wait for your answer? Smh what I did say is this no different then 2017 which led to the disaster that was 2018 and richt gone. And get out of my face with Texas being no different then where we are.
You're right you said he was going to get fired mid-season. I misread. it is pretty optimistic though to think that they would have fired Richt had he not retired.

also I'm saying Texas is the same because they're also a has been program that recruits well but always seems to underachieve. What decent teams have they beat this year? How hot is Herman's seat? You think they're really all that different? I didn't realize that TCU and Iowa State are out here recruiting five stars.

Advertisement
If we’re a serious program, Manny should be gone. He shouldn’t have been hired in the first place.

I agree with pretty much everything you said in this post. My point was that just cause us fans see something one way, doesn't mean the people making those decisions will.

You can make the argument that kicking Baxa to the curb and getting a real kicker was the move that really saved Diaz his job. Regardless though, no one is firing a coach after year 2 that went 7-2 in their conference with only ranked losses because the wins didnt look good enough.
Maybe another curb stomping to Texas will get their attention. Lord knows what Bama is going to do to us will.

Pin this to the top if need be but if Manny doesn't bring in a new D staff he will be gone by the end of next year.

This is a Golden love for his NoD butt buddy all over again. Except I think Manny makes the right choice and fires Baker.

I HOPE!!
I agree. I also believe he will get rid of Baker, I'm sure he feels his seat warming up. If not we'll see what adjustments he makes because you know he has to know next year he is coaching for his job.

Advertisement
Back