After landing UM offer, 4-star CB Royal plans fall visit

View as article
You're still not making sense when again (and again I am being very specific to db recruiting this year. You are just arguing a gigantic mess. It's impossible to get any points from what you say):

a) The guy has barely played db. He hadn't come close to earning an offer two years ago. Even if you look at his film, he looks kind of awkward playing db. All he is at the moment is an athlete who may come on this year.

b) We have 3 (counting Restrepo) guys committed who are local, another Floridian in Clarke. So again how are they neglecting locally/the state of Florida? Plus we have talked with Pough, talking with Balom, etc. We aren't just chasing out of state pipe dreams like Lawrence given our current verbals and the guys we have been supposedly in contact (I forgot Brian George as well). Where is this scrambling you're talking about? We have four-five guys committed and offered this athletic project 5 months before early signing day. That's not scrambling. He's just being difficult because now all these out of state programs come and offer anyone from the state of Florida. So he of course thinks we, with 4-5 commits already should have been on him like Pitt was (and their second rate commit list) long ago. Again, five months is more than enough and he's just being difficult. And you are falling for his emotional nonsense. Maybe he sees all our potential dbs committed (and/or young guys already playing) and also thinks it will be easier to make an impact at Pitt as well. He obviously wouldn't relay that out publicly for obvious reasons.

c) you said, "Even now Flagg, Austin cave, Washington, height, Williams & branch all out of state. The guys who were going after now all out of state. "

And? A lot of those guys can play. Flagg is the only commit I question from that group for pushing harder for Hyppolite earlier. That's it.

d) You said, "He's too talent at safety to be offered anyways" makes no sense.
A) I said miami had almost 2 years to watch him and I guess Ohio state, Georgia and penn state don’t think he’s an athlete to just come on

B) we are straying away from the state of Florida and looking more at out of state guys. We ain’t talking to pough he didn’t come to paradise camp. Also we were scrambling to find players last year we went all in on haselwood and when he committed to ou we we’re left with Payton as our only wide receiver. “Young guys playing” we have 5 cb’s on scholarship he can easily come in right away. Only Clarke and Hodges are the only corners committed right now and royal is better than Hodges and same level as Clarke. I would be ****ed off too if I were royal. If I had 2 years to be looked at Miami and they are just offering me with 5 months until nsd and their targets (Lawrence and Tennison) are going else where. Miami isn’t showing enough love compared to Pitt. Why did an out of state school offer before the instate school that desperately needs more db’s. We need to show more love for him instead of focusing on guys that will never come.

C) hypoolite is a pipe dream that we aren’t getting. Miami is going after out of state guys that want to come to the U. Instead of going after Florida divas that play with us.

D) he’s a better safety than Washington and other safeties that we offerd

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mid October the kid will decommit and flip. Just got to show him love for a little while.

A) I said miami had almost 2 years to watch him and I guess Ohio state, Georgia and penn state don’t think he’s an athlete to just come on

They did watch him and he had almost barely played db,. Nice try. And a lot of schools offer simply because kids are from Miami or just athletes. And I'm sure he really picked Pitt over Penn State. Doesn't answer anything. Plus, like I said 5 months away from signing day with 4-5 dbs committed (most of whom are local) is more than enough for an athlete. The kid looks awkward at db because he's barely played it. You don't offer that guy first unless he's a freak athlete (which he is not). He is a good athlete with nice size and limited db experience. I hope he commits and think Rumph would be good for him. But he is too raw at this point to be complaining about a lack of attention. 5 months for a guy like this is more than enough.

B) we are straying away from the state of Florida and looking more at out of state guys. We ain’t talking to pough he didn’t come to paradise camp. Also we were scrambling to find players last year we went all in on haselwood and when he committed to ou we we’re left with Payton as our only wide receiver. “Young guys playing” we have 5 cb’s on scholarship he can easily come in right away. Only Clarke and Hodges are the only corners committed right now and royal is better than Hodges and same level as Clarke. I would be ****ed off too if I were royal. If I had 2 years to be looked at Miami and they are just offering me with 5 months until nsd and their targets (Lawrence and Tennison) are going else where. Miami isn’t showing enough love compared to Pitt. Why did an out of state school offer before the instate school that desperately needs more db’s. We need to show more love for him instead of focusing on guys that will never come.

You really struggle to read. How again, with 5 db commits (including Restrepo) and 4/5 are from Florida, 3/4 from South Florida are we ignoring South Florida?

Royal doesn't even have enough tape to be better than Hodges. lol. And as of now he is not better than Hodges. Sorry you're wrong.

2 years to be looked at for a guy who was playing wr? Hmmm ok. Makes sense.

'young guys' playing means we have 4/5 underclassmen playing right now. 3/4 are underclassmen in the 2-deep. Plus 2 committed and no one going pro. This doesn't even factor in that Francois could also play cb. Not hard to understand why the competition may scare him.

C) hypoolite is a pipe dream that we aren’t getting. Miami is going after out of state guys that want to come to the U. Instead of going after Florida divas that play with us.

No. Miami should have pursued Hyppolite but he seems locked in with Maryland. They haven't only been focusing on out of state guys either.

D) he’s a better safety than Washington and other safeties that we offerd

lmao. he's never played safety. So is he better than Francois at safety? No. Restrepo. No way. Even Balom? Nope. Washington is a striker.

Just stop. Seriously.

Kid is butt hurt because he had 26 other offers before Miami offered. Doesn't know if they will get a visit. Already took his Pitt OV. Still thinking about it. Says they offered out of state kids before him.
He also said that other than Miami there is no one else besides Pitt.

Well if this is the case he doesn't actually had 25 (real) offers before Miami, he had one offer, from Pitt.

STA isn’t in Miami it’s in Fort Lauderdale
You are complaining that he is too raw but yet Miami took on Hodges who is a complete project.
5 months would be enough if he was out of state but he isn’t. The problem is that he wasn’t offered quick enough and it’s worse when he is in state
If Hodges is better than royal then how come on all recruiting sites royal has a better rating
Restrepo isn’t a db lol and do you know what straying away means? It doesn’t mean abandoning south Florida
Branch will flip to lsu as soon as he gets an offer and Washington has an injury history
Bandy could go pro and open up playing time for any corners
Francois has publicly stated that he wants to play safety in the next level and even he could leave for osu
This is a golden opportunity for somebody to play right away with a lot of unproven guys
Who are our biggest targets right now? Flowe, Washington and Daz. None of them are from Florida. All our biggest Priorities are out of state guys and long shots.
Blank is a Striker is the a running joke on cis and did I say he’s better than Francois nope. He has more skill than some of the guys we offered and we should have offered him earlier
It’s a joke that a 26 teams Offered him before Miami
Please stop. Seriously.

Advertisement
"STA isn’t in Miami it’s in Fort Lauderdale"

Lmao. Do you know what South Florida encompasses? This has to be a troll job.

"You are complaining that he is too raw but yet Miami took on Hodges who is a complete project."

Hodges is far more accomplished and productive thus far as a cb. Sorry. It's 100% true. Royal barely knows how to play the position. I'd love for him to come, but claiming he deserved all this earlier attention is a joke.

"5 months would be enough if he was out of state but he isn’t. The problem is that he wasn’t offered quick enough and it’s worse when he is in state"

I didn't realize there was a magical cutoff for time for in state versus out of state. Please explain that for me. 5 months for a project is more than enough.

"If Hodges is better than royal then how come on all recruiting sites royal has a better rating"

Because he attends Aquinas. The guy has barely played cb. It's called recency bias. Hodges doesn't play at a college factory like him.

"Restrepo isn’t a db lol and do you know what straying away means? It doesn’t mean abandoning south Florida"

Really? Check out the recent Deerfield highlights. Most are of Restrepo dominating as a db.

"Branch will flip to lsu as soon as he gets an offer and Washington has an injury history"

Washington is a striker. Not a db. Sorry you struggle with that. No one knows what Branch will do.

"Bandy could go pro and open up playing time for any corners"

lmao at Bandy going pro. We would have 4+2 guys already returning if he does. 7 if he doesn't. That's plenty. Plus Francois can play cb.

"Francois has publicly stated that he wants to play safety in the next level and even he could leave for osu"

Francois can play anywhere. Hey you're right! We could hypothetically lose everyone. Offer the back up plan since we neglect South Florida with 3 SFL db commits (doesn't take into account 2 other db commits. And multiple other SFl guys we are talking with).

"This is a golden opportunity for somebody to play right away with a lot of unproven guys"

No it's not. We have 3/4 underclassmen in the 2 deep already and Christian Williams as well. This year's cb crop will be about depth.

"Who are our biggest targets right now? Flowe, Washington and Daz. None of them are from Florida. All our biggest Priorities are out of state guys and long shots."

This makes no sense given the context of my original comments in this thread. You keep trying to argue and save face but its gets worse.

"Blank is a Striker is the a running joke on cis and did I say he’s better than Francois nope. He has more skill than some of the guys we offered and we should have offered him earlier"

Can you read? This is not even interpretable.

"It’s a joke that a 26 teams Offered him before Miami"

Most are not real offers or from teams looking for an in with an athlete who has barely played cb. He should be a back up plan here.

"Please stop. Seriously."

You're literally too stupid to converse or a troll. I give up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You literally said other schools offer cause their from Miami and royal is in fort Lauderdale
You are running out of things to say so you are just calling me a troll
You do not understand recruiting at all miami needs to recruit in state and then recruit out of state for special guys
If Hodges is much more accomplished than royal how come every site rates royal much higher than Hodges??
If he attends aquanis it Obviously means that he is good enough to play and if there is a bias towards Aquanis then why is the whole team 5 stars they only have 3 4 stars on their team.
Where is recency bias in this situation?
We are recruiting restrepo at wide receiver and when he comes to Miami he will not play db. This is was high school football teams do play all their best players at multiple positions
Striker Is a hybrid of safety and linebacker and Washington plays safety at school so he is a db we are recruiting him as a striker
No corner on this team aside from bandy is proven at all. Everyone is young and inexperienced. We don’t even know if Christian Williams can play
It is rumoured that Francois can leave for osu the others I believe are solid with us
Francois doesn’t want to play corner at the next level
When you true freshman coming in and taking snaps it’s a good opportunity to play at the school
A running gag (if you know what that is) on CIS is calling everyone a striker saying they can play it.
All I’m saying is that South Florida players should be offered early to start interest instead of waiting until the last minute
I’m starting to Believe that you’re a troll because you cannot take criticism or a joke

You literally said other schools offer cause their from Miami and royal is in fort Lauderdale
You are running out of things to say so you are just calling me a troll
You do not understand recruiting at all miami needs to recruit in state and then recruit out of state for special guys
If Hodges is much more accomplished than royal how come every site rates royal much higher than Hodges??
If he attends aquanis it Obviously means that he is good enough to play and if there is a bias towards Aquanis then why is the whole team 5 stars they only have 3 4 stars on their team.
Where is recency bias in this situation?
We are recruiting restrepo at wide receiver and when he comes to Miami he will not play db. This is was high school football teams do play all their best players at multiple positions
Striker Is a hybrid of safety and linebacker and Washington plays safety at school so he is a db we are recruiting him as a striker
No corner on this team aside from bandy is proven at all. Everyone is young and inexperienced. We don’t even know if Christian Williams can play
It is rumoured that Francois can leave for osu the others I believe are solid with us
Francois doesn’t want to play corner at the next level
When you true freshman coming in and taking snaps it’s a good opportunity to play at the school
A running gag (if you know what that is) on CIS is calling everyone a striker saying they can play it.
All I’m saying is that South Florida players should be offered early to start interest instead of waiting until the last minute
I’m starting to Believe that you’re a troll because you cannot take criticism or a joke

Recruiting in South Florida is like it is bc of people like you. It’s never the kids fault, always Miami’s. No other team gets held accountable except us.

What if you got a job and then found out you weren’t the top choice, but the guy who was turned it down? Are you gonna be a little b**** about it and say no and keep the job you got that isn’t as good? Or are you gonna be a grown up about it and be glad you got the opportunity that you wanted?

STOP WHITE KNIGHTING FOR THESE KIDS.

Life isn’t fair and it’s about time kids start to realize it. An offer from Miami isn’t a birthright bc you play football in the tri county area. They are being given an opportunity only about 1% of kids get and they are still bitter

Recruiting in South Florida is like it is bc of people like you. It’s never the kids fault, always Miami’s. No other team gets held accountable except us.

What if you got a job and then found out you weren’t the top choice, but the guy who was turned it down? Are you gonna be a little b**** about it and say no and keep the job you got that isn’t as good? Or are you gonna be a grown up about it and be glad you got the opportunity that you wanted?

STOP WHITE KNIGHTING FOR THESE KIDS.

Life isn’t fair and it’s about time kids start to realize it. An offer from Miami isn’t a birthright bc you play football in the tri county area. They are being given an opportunity only about 1% of kids get and they are still bitter
Even if it’s not real interest you have to offer the instate kids first it’s recruiting 101. So when going after the pipe dreams fails it doesn’t seam like the interest is out of nowhere. There’s been months of conversation and scouting to the prospect. Kids won’t change they want to feel love from the school and not an offer 5 months left until nsd. How did miami get good back in the 80’s we got guys in our backyard and worked on getting them right away. It’s easier to flip somebody if you’ve been talking to them for months rather than starting interest a month before nsd.

Advertisement
STA isn’t in Miami it’s in Fort Lauderdale
You are complaining that he is too raw but yet Miami took on Hodges who is a complete project.
5 months would be enough if he was out of state but he isn’t. The problem is that he wasn’t offered quick enough and it’s worse when he is in state
If Hodges is better than royal then how come on all recruiting sites royal has a better rating
Restrepo isn’t a db lol and do you know what straying away means? It doesn’t mean abandoning south Florida
Branch will flip to lsu as soon as he gets an offer and Washington has an injury history
Bandy could go pro and open up playing time for any corners
Francois has publicly stated that he wants to play safety in the next level and even he could leave for osu
This is a golden opportunity for somebody to play right away with a lot of unproven guys
Who are our biggest targets right now? Flowe, Washington and Daz. None of them are from Florida. All our biggest Priorities are out of state guys and long shots.
Blank is a Striker is the a running joke on cis and did I say he’s better than Francois nope. He has more skill than some of the guys we offered and we should have offered him earlier
It’s a joke that a 26 teams Offered him before Miami
Please stop. Seriously.

Wow

Jordan battle flipped form osu to bama as soon as that kid flipped from bama to Michigan.
Don’t know if bama told battle he couldn’t commit cause they got some 5 star kid.
Was battle hurt that he wasn’t a take for bama until that dude flipped back to Michigan?
No he wasn’t. Are we bama? No we’re not.
But if a kid really wants to come here the way Battle really wanted to go to bama he could care less. These sta kids see their former friends get bags and attention and they emulate those guys.
If a kid wants to come here the staff will know. Gaynor flipped in less than a week. The slow play is an excuse that all these kids use.
If some hot chick that never gave me the time of day and even clowned me hit me up out of the blue I’m smashing.
Happens every year with several kids in this are.
We’re not at the spot where every sofla kid wants to come here over other schools. That’s why we don’t flip kids form sec schools (yet).
It’s also the reason why kids don’t get but hurt over other schools offering then cooling off. It’s like kids don’t mind not being good enough for auburn but hate the U if we overlook them in their sophomore year. If a kid really wants to come here and has a legit offer he would.
Take Francois for instance. We just watched some upperclassmen from ufag that everyone kept raving about how talented they were catch a lot of nothing against freshmen and sophomores.
Everyone that watched the game and has watched this team since Rumph got here has learned that we can coach some mfing db’s. It was the absolute biggest concern the first year he got here. We lacked depth and high rated talent. Yet most of those dudes are cashing checks. But for some reason Francois is finding sht “complicated”.
We as fans need to understand that the 2 most expensive positions in the nfl are also pricey in college. DB AND DT.
Rumph’s recruiting ability has absolutely nothing to do with him not landing these kids. He literally walked into the most difficult position to recruit down here. Elite db’s have been leaving this area for years and there is a rea$on for it.
A really good season will change some. But we will lose elite sofla players to playoff teams until we become one without them.

Advertisement
Back