After Game 1 the Feel of the Fans is:

How does the CIS fanbase see the future after Game 1?

• There is lots to be optimistic about the season despite the disappointing and somewhat ugly loss

Votes: 207 73.4%
  • There is lots to be pessimistic about the season after the disappointing and ugly loss

Votes: 30 10.6%
  • Can’t really tell or other

Votes: 45 16.0%

• Total voters
Yeah, but this one was the chosen one, all the others were passed over for him. And he was "stolen" right under Sabags nose.

Doesn't that make your ***** tingle?

Sorry, I'm not 23 and making an hourly wage, so I don't talk about tingling penises.

Back to the topic, though, what happened in the past in college football that made you think that every good coach shot out of a cannon in game one and dominated?

Advertisement
Sorry, I'm not 23 and making an hourly wage, so I don't talk about tingling penises.

Back to the topic, though, what happened in the past in college football that made you think that every good coach shot out of a cannon in game one and dominated?
I'm glad you think I'm 23. LOL

Not even talking about dominating, just basic adjustments. Pass protection, blocking schemes, time management, personnel decisions. After all he came from alabaga, he should have had all these basic's worked out, right?

The haters will get new accounts after we win out rest of the season. Losing by 4 to the number 8 team as an unranked team with a frosh qb and two frosh tackles is a victory with a 1st year coach. This team is going to murder fsu. We will kill UNC. Its going to be a fun season. This will help us when we play Clemson in the ACC championship. Floridas QB was so ****y and didnt play great. I see them regressing as the season goes on as we continue to get better and better

That isn't the 8th best team in the country. They are trash. Using their ranking as some kind of vindication for Miami giving this game away is a joke. Miami lost to a 8-4 type of team. Period. An 8-4 team that tried to give the game away, MULTIPLE TIMES.

I'm glad you think I'm 23. LOL

Not even talking about dominating, just basic adjustments. Pass protection, blocking schemes, time management, personnel decisions. After all he came from alabaga, he should have had all these basic's worked out, right?

If you're any older than 23, then you should be embarrassed.

Have all what basics worked out? It was game one for practically the entire program. Don't be an idiot just because you can't talk trash to your Gator friends this week.

If you're any older than 23, then you should be embarrassed.

Have all what basics worked out? It was game one for practically the entire program. Don't be an idiot just because you can't talk trash to your Gator friends this week.

Did you even watch the game?

Advertisement
1st time starter at QB. Novice left tackle. Going against #8 ranked team. And still have a chance to win. Lots of reasons for optimism. Better punting by the Aussie was reason enough to be happy. And, what about the UM secondary! Lock down.

But, keep Martell off the field unless he is needed as #2 QB. Canes have better WRs than him.

Cut the false starts. Impose discipline.

Put someone else in for punt and kickoff receptions. JT has never been impressive in that role.

By the end of the season, this team might actually make the Clemson game interesting.

That isn't the 8th best team in the country. They are trash. Using their ranking as some kind of vindication for Miami giving this game away is a joke. Miami lost to a 8-4 type of team. Period. An 8-4 team that tried to give the game away, MULTIPLE TIMES.

UF shouldn't be top-10, but they are very good. You sound as ignorant as their fans when you say they're trash.

We should have won the game. We didn't and that sucks. But we went toe to toe with a very good, very experienced UF team in our QB's 1st real game.

That bodes well for the rest of the season, given that the only teams on our schedule who might be in the same ballpark as UF are FSU and maybe UVA.

Yes. What made you think that everything would be worked out by game one?

You're one of those guys who only watches Miami.
No, I have other interests,

shake.gif

How about you, only watch Miami?

Advertisement
Kennedy was supposed to be that guy but look how that turned out
Even if Kennedy had panned out, Diaz and staff still needed to get more from JuCo, the portal, wherever. This critical need was hardly a secret. They knew the need and just plain failed in trying to address it.

No sir. I watch college football while you're out getting plastered. Every team outside the top 6 has issues.

This is true. However, if you're coming from one of those programs, the issues Miami repeatedly displayed shouldn't happen repeatedly or they should be corrected at halftime. Remember, about 34 total yds in the entire 2nd half.

Advertisement
This is true. However, if you're coming from one of those programs, the issues Miami repeatedly displayed shouldn't happen repeatedly or they should be corrected at halftime. Remember, about 34 total yds in the entire 2nd half.

Yes, because Miami is the only team allowed to change. The other team remains constant at halftime.

Advertisement
It was week zero. Let the season play out, take a xanax and put your tampon in

More than 70% of 200+ responders still being very optimistic about the season is higher than expected seeing some of the possibly misplaced hysteria. If any players or extended family are reading CIS I hope they see this and convey that promise. The guys played their heart out and are surely more hurting than the fanbase. Go CANES!

With our schedule I'm optimistic.
We can list the 5 or 6 plays that could have changed the outcome.

Man, the second the ball was pitched to Baxa on the fake FG I was thinking TD/game over.

1-Missed field goal
2-Dropped punt
These do not happen, we win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back