After Game 1 the Feel of the Fans is:

How does the CIS fanbase see the future after Game 1?

• There is lots to be optimistic about the season despite the disappointing and somewhat ugly loss

Votes: 207 73.4%
  • There is lots to be pessimistic about the season after the disappointing and ugly loss

Votes: 30 10.6%
  • Can’t really tell or other

Votes: 45 16.0%

• Total voters
Advertisement
Other than JW not crapping his pants against an overrated UF, what are the reasons for optimism?

Crap play calling? ✔
Undisciplined players/penalties? ✔
Awful special teams: ✔
Losing badly on both OL and DL: ✔

We looked like a mediocre, poorly coached team.

I think you and I watched different games last night.

I think you and I watched different games last night.
I recall one instance where the announcers implied someone was wide open but the QB didn't take note (or act on it.) (Shades of Last Season.) OFC lack of time (although there were several 5-second pocket pauses where JW could scan and throw without someone in his face) to spot an open receive could be LOTS better.

But in general, couldn't tell from TV if secondary receivers were getting open often but just missed in the reads. Anyone at the game and saw how much there was of this (if any?)

Optimistic still after all it is just one **** game, and we have what, 11 more to go? The key will be obviously how Manny and the coaching staff adjust and get the kids re-focused to play in 2 weeks. What OL changes will there be? How much improvement will JDub have in another away environment? Will Ivey put the team first over his special needs because not having him hurt the secondary play. I’m not in a panic mode yet, even with all the **** penalties, muffed punt (way to go JT the man), and horrid OL play at OT, we were still in the game with a chance to win.

Advertisement
Too early to be optimistic. You can't really tell which way this offense is going to go.

If you're completely bought into being pessimistic though you're just a hysterical little bytch basing everything off one game in unique circumstances.

Williams has potential, but he has to grow up quickly. He didn't impress me as a leader as someone who would stomp someone out if they got out of line. Miami was really lazy down the stretch in regards to getting to the LOS and that's on the QB. He can make some nice throws, but I need him to be able to throw the ball away. The field position lost by him taking stupid sacks was infuriating. The OL is awful, but Williams made them look even worse.

This team will be favored in every game for the rest of the season, there's no reason why Miami can't win 10+. That said, I don't trust this offense, and I don't think this D can keep coming up with 3-4 turnovers every **** game.

That right there, perfect play call. And then Jarren Williams threw a dime to Jeff Thomas but he couldn’t come up with It in the endzone. We absolutely had a chance to win that game for sure and that’s just 2 plays that would have changed that game. There was a lot more
Tough catch w great coverage. That was no gimme with a guy on your back while horizontal off the ground.

Advertisement
From a dozen or more threads so far, plenty posted reasons for optimism and hope, while plenty posted reasons for despair and doom. How does the CIS fanbase see the future after 1 game?
The haters will get new accounts after we win out rest of the season. Losing by 4 to the number 8 team as an unranked team with a frosh qb and two frosh tackles is a victory with a 1st year coach. This team is going to murder fsu. We will kill UNC. Its going to be a fun season. This will help us when we play Clemson in the ACC championship. Floridas QB was so ****y and didnt play great. I see them regressing as the season goes on as we continue to get better and better

With our schedule I'm optimistic.
We can list the 5 or 6 plays that could have changed the outcome.

Man, the second the ball was pitched to Baxa on the fake FG I was thinking TD/game over.

Mallory holding was totally unnecessary. If not for that, we win.

We’re essentially starting over as a program but people are ****ed that we won’t go 13-0 and secure a playoff spot.

No, the problem is, we have an "offensive guru" who scripted the first series of plays and then promptly failed to rerun them again or make any adjustments and put up 34 total yds in the second half. And the offensive genius will be masked by a weak ACC schedule, only to be exposed when we face someone not in the coastal. Will you be ****ed at that point? I'll wait.

Advertisement
No, the problem is, we have an "offensive guru" who scripted the first series of plays and then promptly failed to rerun them again or make any adjustments and put up 34 total yds in the second half. And the offensive genius will be masked by a weak ACC schedule, only to be exposed when we face someone not in the coastal. Will you be ****ed at that point? I'll wait.

Right, because we were expected to take a freshman QB, terrible OL, and first year head coach and OC and move up and down the field on a top 10 defense.

But you're right. If we're not a playoff team by game one, fire 'em all.

Advertisement
Right, because we were expected to take a freshman QB, terrible OL, and first year head coach and OC and move up and down the field on a top 10 defense.

But you're right. If we're not a playoff team by game one, fire 'em all.
Didn't say fire 'em all.

It's just one right now. Horrible play calling and what exactly was Martell doing?

VaTech and Free Shoes will tell is how good we are after this.

That said, we have to stop dropped games against the Nunneries. This is the Special Ed Conference Of Power 5. It’s a f**king embarrassment for this school not to win this division.

Yes, we know. Everyone on a message board is a better OC than every person who is actually employed as an OC.
Yeah, but this one was the chosen one, all the others were passed over for him. And he was "stolen" right under Sabags nose.

Doesn't that make your ***** tingle?

Advertisement
Back