After Game 1 the Feel of the Fans is:

How does the CIS fanbase see the future after Game 1?

• There is lots to be optimistic about the season despite the disappointing and somewhat ugly loss

Votes: 207 73.4%
  • There is lots to be pessimistic about the season after the disappointing and ugly loss

Votes: 30 10.6%
  • Can’t really tell or other

Votes: 45 16.0%

• Total voters

jkdood

All ACC
From a dozen or more threads so far, plenty posted reasons for optimism and hope, while plenty posted reasons for despair and doom. How does the CIS fanbase see the future after 1 game?

Advertisement
Other than JW not crapping his pants against an overrated UF, what are the reasons for optimism?

Crap play calling? ✔
Undisciplined players/penalties? ✔
Awful special teams: ✔
Losing badly on both OL and DL: ✔

We looked like a mediocre, poorly coached team.

That we're starting too many threads... O-line is a problem and I'm not sure how it gets fixed, but that was the best dline we see all season.

Florida scored after:
1) a fake punt (should've taken a timeout to regroup, our defense was shook)
2) a muff on the 10
Stop with the excuses ... a punter out ran a corner to gain a first down. Make a fair catch and secure the ball.

Stop with the excuses ... a punter out ran a corner to gain a first down. Make a fair catch and secure the ball.
I have a bigger problem with the play after the fake punt, where nobody communicated about Toney motioning to the other side, and we gave up a 60 yard TD

JT 100% ****ed up with the muff, never said he didn't.

Advertisement
We gave it away.

Jarren looked to hold on to the ball even without pressure. He looked great on that first drive. It struggled late as UF got pressure and took away anything short. We struggled to push the bill downfield.

Our defense is still pretty good. Amari’s tackling improved significantly after missing that tackle. He is still a hard hitter. Gurvan didn’t make any obvious critical errors other than missing a tackle but he was solid.

Early on, Scott Patchan was getting stonewalled and giving Franks opportunities to make plays. Eventually he started to win his matchup and Franks started giving it up.

Critical non-coaching errors were huge. Missed tackles and muffed points.

Deejay Dallas can produce big plays while it looks like he’s not trying that hard. I was most impressed by him.

When Cam dropped the dome on kid from UF, it was beautiful.

Our offense did okay given that UF’s defense was pretty wicked. I would have liked to see Will Mallory play more but Brevin is a tiger. I’m more surprised than disappointed that he didn’t make a couple of plays.

He didn’t catch that one across the middle, the one on the outside to beat Henderson, and the TD late. Granted, he would’ve had to make exceptional catches but that’s why he’s Brevin.

John Campbell was getting abused as was Zion. It looked like the interior trio was more than solid. Guys on the outside will improve.

Romeo and GB both made critical errors with PI and getting beat deep but them boys balled otherwise. GB has to know that he can’t be peeking in the backfield when he out there in 4 WR sets.

I don’t think we face the type of athletes/front 4 that UF had again until Clemson.

Rousseau looked real good to.

New TO Chain is crazy. The rings are just accessories to the chain. We will beat a lot of people soundly this year.

With our schedule I'm optimistic.
We can list the 5 or 6 plays that could have changed the outcome.

Man, the second the ball was pitched to Baxa on the fake FG I was thinking TD/game over.

With our schedule I'm optimistic.
We can list the 5 or 6 plays that could have changed the outcome.

Man, the second the ball was pitched to Baxa on the fake FG I was thinking TD/game over.
That right there, perfect play call. And then Jarren Williams threw a dime to Jeff Thomas but he couldn’t come up with It in the endzone. We absolutely had a chance to win that game for sure and that’s just 2 plays that would have changed that game. There was a lot more

Advertisement
My feeling in the moment is obviously a little disappointment because the game was there for the taking and we made too many dumb mistakes.

However, my "big picture" feelings are pretty much the same as they have been all summer.
This team is good enough to win the Coastal. Hopefully they can get better each week and improve instead of playing inconsistently like they did last season.

We gave it away.

Jarren looked to hold on to the ball even without pressure. He looked great on that first drive. It struggled late as UF got pressure and took away anything short. We struggled to push the bill downfield.

Our defense is still pretty good. Amari’s tackling improved significantly after missing that tackle. He is still a hard hitter. Gurvan didn’t make any obvious critical errors other than missing a tackle but he was solid.

Early on, Scott Patchan was getting stonewalled and giving Franks opportunities to make plays. Eventually he started to win his matchup and Franks started giving it up.

Critical non-coaching errors were huge. Missed tackles and muffed points.

Deejay Dallas can produce big plays while it looks like he’s not trying that hard. I was most impressed by him.

When Cam dropped the dome on kid from UF, it was beautiful.

Our offense did okay given that UF’s defense was pretty wicked. I would have liked to see Will Mallory play more but Brevin is a tiger. I’m more surprised than disappointed that he didn’t make a couple of plays.

He didn’t catch that one across the middle, the one on the outside to beat Henderson, and the TD late. Granted, he would’ve had to make exceptional catches but that’s why he’s Brevin.

John Campbell was getting abused as was Zion. It looked like the interior trio was more than solid. Guys on the outside will improve.

Romeo and GB both made critical errors with PI and getting beat deep but them boys balled otherwise. GB has to know that he can’t be peeking in the backfield when he out there in 4 WR sets.

I don’t think we face the type of athletes/front 4 that UF had again until Clemson.

Rousseau looked real good to.

New TO Chain is crazy. The rings are just accessories to the chain. We will beat a lot of people soundly this year.
Anyone talking about “the TO Chain” or “The Rings” today should be shot. It’s as bad as saying, “but we got 5 rings, meng”. TNM - much worse than TOM. What a ****** display of ineptitude and lack of discipline and innovation by the Canes.

Jeff Thomas step your fu&$@ng game up!!! Fumble crushed us seeing that s$&t live in person. Was expecting the oline to struggle, but you gotta help Jarren with every opportunity. Can’t be a season of hindsight is 20/20.

Advertisement
Jarren is the right guy at QB.he will improve as he gets adjusted to " speed " of college game. Special team are still a disaster
although punter looks like the answer. WR did not look good as a whole, JT could have made a great play on TD , Osborn looked sharp as well> OL will improve but again we got pushed around, we lack explosive strength that the top teams have today.
till we solve this issue,which has been an issue since 'Butch's S&C guy left were just a decent ACC team
someone mentioned Clemson..... Clemson will not make 4 TO's

Anyone talking about “the TO Chain” or “The Rings” today should be shot. It’s as bad as saying, “but we got 5 rings, meng”. TNM - much worse than TOM. What a ****** display of ineptitude and lack of discipline and innovation by the Canes.

I actually enjoyed the game. I didn’t lose anything and I’m encouraged by what we did for the most part.

But the Turnover Chain was dope. The rings were just meh.

I thought Amari Carter and Romeo Finley looked like old school Canes when they caught the INTs. That was exciting.

When Scott Patchan recovered the fumble and donned the “TO Chain” I was happy because UF was marching in.

Brevin shoulda worn “The Rings” twice last night and we would’ve won the game.

I don’t think we needed the rings though. I don’t hate em but the chain just outclasses the rings.

Tags:
#Turnover #Chain #Rings #Porster

I actually enjoyed the game. I didn’t lose anything and I’m encouraged by what we did for the most part.

I thought Amari Carter and Romeo Finley looked like old school Canes when they caught the INTs. That was exciting.

When Scott Patchan recovered the fumble and donned the “TO Chain” I was happy because UF was marching in.

Brevin shoulda work “The Rings” twice last night and we would’ve won the game.

I don’t think we needed the rings though. I don’t hate em but the chain just outclasses the rings.

Tags:
Gotta focus on coaching. Not on bling.

Advertisement

Brevin shoulda worn “The Rings” twice last night and we would’ve won the game.

Tags:
Yeah I forgot About that throw to Brevin. Would have been a spectacular catch but he almost had that

Jarren is the right guy at QB.he will improve as he gets adjusted to " speed " of college game. Special team are still a disaster
although punter looks like the answer. WR did not look good as a whole, JT could have made a great play on TD , Osborn looked sharp as well> OL will improve but again we got pushed around, we lack explosive strength that the top teams have today.
till we solve this issue,which has been an issue since 'Butch's S&C guy left were just a decent ACC team
someone mentioned Clemson..... Clemson will not make 4 TO's

No I just said that Clemson has the best front four next to what we saw last night. I don’t know if they’ll turn the ball over.

I think Frank’s first fumble was because our defenders confused his read on that option.

I consider that a forced TO. DBs got interceptions like they are supposed to. Clemson may or may not feel the wrath.

It was hard to tell from the many doom and gloom threads and posts how much promise there was for the season after Game 1. It's comforting to me at least that the overwhelming majority of poll responders came away disappointed but optimistic or positive. Here's hoping they are right!

Advertisement
Back