Off-Topic Admission to the U

Ryanmilli

Freshman
Premium
I somehow got one of my daughters hooked on the U despite living in South Bend. She applied early admission and got deferred. She’s determined to go there even if she’s not admitted and wants to give herself a transfer option in case she doesn’t get in. For those that are familiar with the school, is there any particular college that is considered a “feeder” to UM? Or that would give her the best odds to have a competitive transfer app? She’s interested in being in Florida, but doesn’t want to go the community college route. TIA!

Advertisement
What does she plan on majoring in? I would reach out to the individual college of study at UM and inquire about prerequisite coursework to transfer into her field of study. Not sure UM has a real “feeder” school.

What does she plan on majoring in? I would reach out to the individual college of study at UM and inquire about prerequisite coursework to transfer into her field of study. Not sure UM has a real “feeder” school.
She is interested in political science or philosophy (pre-law). We will be down in south Florida for a couple weeks around Christmas and she wants to meet with her admissions counselor but (a) I’m guessing they don’t allow that and (b) I think the campus is closed. Calling the school is a good idea.

I’m an ND Law grad, but I’ve always loved UM and take my 5 kids over to campus most times when we go down to Marco every year. My oldest ended up at ND but my 2nd oldest fell in love with UM. Awesome school and such a great campus. Thanks for your good advice!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back