ADIDAS OR NIKE WHO MADE THE BEST UNIFORMS FOR UM ?

1581429395425.png

Advertisement
Nike overall is better, Adidas for the unis tho

Adidas sucks. I have only bought one item since we switched to them. I rock my old Nike gear. I mean come on, we could have at least went UA.

Yeah man should have went with the company that is failing! Do your realize how bad Auburn got absolutely shafted on their UA deal? No thanks.

i think a lot of these brands try to be too innovative, and in doing so, lose tradition. Every team shouldn’t be Oregon. Oregon has no history; their main recruiting point WAS jersey combinations. Schools like Miami, PSU, Bama, LSU, Michigan, OSU....they have a traditional look....u might give a throwback here or there or maybe have a black alternate, but no need to constantly change the look.

Jordan did a good job in restoring UNC’s traditional look, and Adidas, to their credit, did a good job in giving us our traditional look as best as possible (the color palette is a bit off).

My main issue w Adidas is:
1. I feel like we’ve already been forgotten by them.
2. It was our return to our old home, yet they gave FIU our themed uniforms for this special night.
3. We get no off field gear
4. Our uniforms don’t fit snug around shoulder pads
5. Our cleat game sucks

Yes Nike made some horrible uniform designs, but I will say that whatever latest tech Nike came up w, we were given (pro combat, fly wire, dri fit)

I know that you know a ton about the shoes, but let's think about this...

No off field gear? Not sure what you are talking about. Lots of stuff on CanesWear over the years. If I had one suggestion, though, I would have adidas create storefronts for each of their signature universities on the adidas website.

Cleat game? If you are talking about colorways, maybe, but they have been giving the team those super-light cleats that are cutting edge. Same with the uniform materials, adizero, and (while "politically unpopular with some") the parleys. Parley jerseys sell out immediately in MLS.

Big picture, the only real disappointment I have had with adidas is that their "first version" of anything has needed improvement, but to their credit, they have listened to us. First jersey sucked. First parley sucked. First uniform font/nameplate sucked. And, yes, the "U" on the collar needed some sturdy back-stitching to look like a U and not bunch up like a V.

Last edited:
Nike is clear as day the better product. Adidas watched too many 30-for-30s...

That being said, I think my only real gripe uniform wise is the all orange or all green uni's which look hideous in persona and on TV.

Other than that everything is ok.

Solid Black or Solid white, other than that you do white pants at home.

the combos arent adidas. thats on the team. idk if its still the case, but the players used top pick out the jersey combos

Advertisement
Adidas is just horrible . Wasn't always the case but has been for about 10-15 years . But even when Adidas was decent Nike was far superior . **** Reebok , Fila , k wiss and everything else was too.

i think a lot of these brands try to be too innovative, and in doing so, lose tradition. Every team shouldn’t be Oregon. Oregon has no history; their main recruiting point WAS jersey combinations. Schools like Miami, PSU, Bama, LSU, Michigan, OSU....they have a traditional look....u might give a throwback here or there or maybe have a black alternate, but no need to constantly change the look.

Jordan did a good job in restoring UNC’s traditional look, and Adidas, to their credit, did a good job in giving us our traditional look as best as possible (the color palette is a bit off).

My main issue w Adidas is:
1. I feel like we’ve already been forgotten by them.
2. It was our return to our old home, yet they gave FIU our themed uniforms for this special night.
3. We get no off field gear
4. Our uniforms don’t fit snug around shoulder pads
5. Our cleat game sucks

Yes Nike made some horrible uniform designs, but I will say that whatever latest tech Nike came up w, we were given (pro combat, fly wire, dri fit)

the only thing ill say with 2 is that we were tech the away team that game. either way, smart for adidas not to break out special unis. the night was one id love to forget

Advertisement
I know that you know a ton about the shoes, but let's think about this...

No off field gear? Not sure what you are talking about. Lots of stuff on CanesWear over the years. If I had one suggestion, though, I would have adidas create storefronts for each of their signature universities on the adidas website.

Cleat game? If you are talking about colorways, maybe, but they have been giving the team those super-light cleats that are cutting edge. Same with the uniform materials, adizero, and (while "politically unpopular with some") the parleys. Parley jerseys sell out immediately in MLS.

Big picture, the only real disappointment I have had with adidas is that their "first version" of anything has needed improvement, but to their credit, they have listened to us. First jersey sucked. First parley sucked. First uniform font/nameplate sucked. And, yes, the "U" on the collar needed some sturdy back-stitching to look like a U and not bunch up like a V.

Agreed.

Nike was good until golden and then it looked like they were trying to be too trendy

But honestly if we’re winning we look good
When we’re loosing we can have the freshest drip and still look like garbage
Facts

You can't really compare. Design trends change every year. What was cool in 2012 is considered horrific in 2020. Now the buzz is retro and clean simple lines. Which Adidas has done a good job of doing. But I do believe Nike could do a better job if they still had the contract.

Advertisement
I’m not really a fan of the cornball uniforms that Nike was giving us every other year. Pick a clean style and stay with it. All those specialty uniforms reek of desperation. Like selling fan jerseys became more important because the on field product was lacking. Besides, that whole fad is gone now anyway. Nobody wears a million uniform combinations anymore besides Oregon. They tried to make it seem like recruits were all about it but when the dust settles, the good teams don’t use gimmicky crap to try to sell recruits.

Advertisement
Love the latest adidas ones. I liked the Nikes from the 90s til 2003, but after that was a **** sandwich. The first adidas ones were like WalMart vanity tees...but the latest ones are fire.

Advertisement
Back