Addition by subtraction ... Chemistry Matters

MIATL

Senior
Interesting to see the success of this team ... Ahead of schedule, by almost everyone’s reasonable expectations.

And while Gus and Kaaya needed to move on for personal and professional opportunities, gotta believe losing Linder, Yearby, Haskins, Wright, and Mullins feeds into the “we over me” spirit this team seems to have.

Those guys are all talented and could have helped this roster. But the chemistry aspect can’t be overstated ... It matters!

Salute to CMR, his staff, and the administration for making big boy decisions for this program. Nobody is above the team!

Advertisement
Yep I also hate to see Walton hurt too but I think it was the gut punch the team needed to discover a team identity. Now the offense is forced to rely on everyone and it's showing as a unit. More competition in every position, freshmen stepping up on both sides of the ball... **** playing like veterans who are called on.

Advertisement
as streaky as Rosier is, the last two games were won partly due to his his running ability. With Kaaya, i do not believe we are undefeated. the team didnt believe in him.

Besides the TD's, I wonder how many drives his mobility has extended? It also opens up gaps for other plays. Homer's long run against VT came when half the defense followed Rosier on his fake.

I was just thinking about this yesterday, as much success Kaaya had under Golden, I firmly believe we would not be playing this well as a team if he was the starting QB at UM in 2017.

He is not a gamer and wilts under pressure, literally and figuratively.

Advertisement
Back