2024 Adarius Hayes LB Largo OV this weekend

This class just continues to be a nothingburger.

As it stands we are staring down the barrel of 6-6 and missed on the top guy on our board at:

QB - Noland
WR - Smith
TE - Everyone
OL - Baker / Ahfua
DE - Stewart
DT - Stone / Breland
LB - Hayes
CB - Robinson (although he seems like he'll string us along for a while)
A class hovering around the top ten is a nothingburger? I get we have missed out on some big names but the recruiting sky is falling narrative is a bit much.

Advertisement
lol at all of this.

You know what fanbases pivot towards evaluations and “we won’t know til they hit campus” excuses to rationalize their recruiting classes?

The ones that don’t have a plethora of star players.

You think Mario was brought in to develop classes mostly full of three-stars, or get **** good talent? The elite talent is supposed to mitigate the numerous coaching blunders on gameday and make life easier for him and the staff.

Stars matter, literally all data proves it. Don’t rationalize, don’t pivot, don’t make excuses based on emotion - just sign the kids. I’m not saying they’re all busts because they’re not - it’s unrealistic to assume you’ll only sign 4 and 5-stars. But to have a majority of non-blue chips…how is that acceptable?

Interesting how our impact players this year from the ‘23 class are all top 175 players…Bain, Francis, Fletcher, Damari now…who woulda thought?
And the same dude that recruited them is also recruiting the new players that people are upset about.
Not all players that are contributing are elite recruits. Cooper was a 3 star. Mauigoa (lb) was a 3 star. J Dais Richard a 3 star.

If this entire class was made up of 3 stars I’d be more concerned. But our staff has shown they can evaluate.

I mean Justin Flowe was the best linebacker since Jessy Armstead right? Sure thing first round talent. Program changer.
Mario recruited him.

I did the same thing and realized that all I’m doing is setting myself up for disappointment. There are back ups, starters, contributors, and game changers.
I could make a long list of dudes that l thought would be making millions right now and they never even got to the draft.

No one can predict the adaptation to the next level. Wether it’s high school to college or college to the pros.
Hence the Miss Cleo reference.
Yes you increase your chances by getting more dudes. But it’s still a crap shoot.

1700258565045.jpeg

That FSU high school class everyone likes to rag on for being trash…well I agree it was. They finished 19th overall and 89.81 average rating per recruit…so what does that make our current class? Are you going to tell me that ours isn’t theirs because they don’t have Alonso? Yeah…ok.

We are quickly finding out that no recruiting savant can consistently out-perform their performance on the field. He did it last year, he ain’t this year.

That’s why we aren’t seeing more whales jumping onboard. They’re cautious because they don’t fully believe in the product he’s selling. We have to win tomorrow.

While I agree we need to see more before placing Highsmith in that category…I would say it's not just him. But I think it's possible that Cristobal/Highsmith/Mirabal (with possibly Guidry sprinkled in), may just be a huge advantage over many other evaluation departments out there. And the cheat code vs. On3 type evaluations.

Last edited:
We are quickly finding out that no recruiting savant can consistently out-perform their performance on the field. He did it last year, he ain’t this year.

That’s why we aren’t seeing more whales jumping onboard. They’re cautious because they don’t fully believe in the product he’s selling. We have to win tomorrow.
I thought your post was great but I don’t think it has much to do with winning. ND, Oklahoma, and A&M are ranked higher than us and they never win. I think it’s money. I feel like if they give Mario the money they gave him last year, we land a bunch of whales.

Last edited:
Advertisement

As it stands we are staring down the barrel of 6-6 and missed on the top guy on our board at:

QB - Noland
WR - Smith
TE - Everyone
OL - Baker / Ahfua
DE - Stewart
DT - Stone / Breland
LB - Hayes

We're just gonna ignore who we've landed at WR and DE? lol

And the same dude that recruited them is also recruiting the new players that people are upset about.
Not all players that are contributing are elite recruits. Cooper was a 3 star. Mauigoa (lb) was a 3 star. J Dais Richard a 3 star.

If this entire class was made up of 3 stars I’d be more concerned. But our staff has shown they can evaluate.

I mean Justin Flowe was the best linebacker since Jessy Armstead right? Sure thing first round talent. Program changer.
Mario recruited him.

I did the same thing and realized that all I’m doing is setting myself up for disappointment. There are back ups, starters, contributors, and game changers.
I could make a long list of dudes that l thought would be making millions right now and they never even got to the draft.

No one can predict the adaptation to the next level. Wether it’s high school to college or college to the pros.
Hence the Miss Cleo reference.
Yes you increase your chances by getting more dudes. But it’s still a crap shoot.

View attachment 266557
Got it. So you think Mario is an exception to the trends that started over a decade ago where only he knows the best 3-stars and the other coaches around America/recruiting services are too stupid to realize their skill. You also had to include two portal guys who had already excelled at their previous stop, and because of their low star rating, ended up at Wazzu and Vanderbilt out of high school. It’s mathematically proven more blue chips = more wins and more NFL picks, but I guess this is the spin we’ll go with IF we don’t improve the class.

Holy delusion, enjoy your Friday.

We just need to admit this class just isn’t Mario’s best. He swung for the fences on a lot of kids and missed on too many. Mario was hired to land the classes Miami wasn’t landing for the last almost two decades. He did last season and the early returns are promising but if you did a blind ranking on some Golden’s/Diaz’s classes with this I don’t think many would be able to differentiate them. And that’s the problem.

Mario is going to keep Miami in a ton of recruitments with top tier players, but until he shows real results it’s going to be hard to win a bunch of the top tier battles.

If you look at Mario at Oregon, he signed several 3 stars lower ranked kids that panned out.

D.J. James is getting too 100 pick buzz at Auburn after signing and playing at Oregon out of high school.

Alex Forsyth-made 53 man roster

T.J. Bass-made 53 man roster

Also Trey Benson was a 3 star composite RB, that Mario plucked out of Mississippi. He is one of the elite RBs in America now, and could be another top 100 pick.

Advertisement

QB - Noland
WR - Smith
TE - Everyone
OL - Baker / Ahfua
DE - Stewart
DT - Stone / Breland
LB - Hayes
But thank God we still got you atleast... #thanks

If you look at Mario at Oregon, he signed several 3 stars lower ranked kids that panned out.

D.J. James is getting too 100 pick buzz at Auburn after signing and playing at Oregon out of high school.

Also Trey Benson was a 3 star composite RB, that Mario plucked out of Mississippi. He is one of the elite RBs in America now, and could be another top 100 pick.
That’s 4 out of how many?

Ok Miss Cleo.
Please tell us who are the difference makers? According to rankings Bain shouldn’t even be on the field yet.
Until they suit up no one can be 100 sure about who’s gonna make a difference.

I agree we all want bragging rights and dudes with a lot of stars. But Jones and this cat are serious players on tape.
Will they pan out? Nobody knows. We’ve had higher rated players that are udfa right now.

Bain, the top 100 recruit, you mean?

Advertisement
A nothingburger lol. I stopped after reading that and will trust the staff on recruiting.
Line up Mario’s best players with their recruiting rankings and then come talk to me.

By the way, it’s not just Mario. Kirby Smart, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer…they all figured out it’s just a lot easier to get really good players. That’s the entire selling point of Mario. He’s not going to outcoach and outdevelop.

We just need to admit this class just isn’t Mario’s best. He swung for the fences on a lot of kids and missed on too many. Mario was hired to land the classes Miami wasn’t landing for the last almost two decades. He did last season and the early returns are promising but if you did a blind ranking on some Golden’s/Diaz’s classes with this I don’t think many would be able to differentiate them. And that’s the problem.

Mario is going to keep Miami in a ton of recruitments with top tier players, but until he shows real results it’s going to be hard to win a bunch of the top tier battles.
I don't think this class is close to last year's however Goldens best class had 6 top 247 players. We currently have 9 and a top 4 Juco.

Advertisement

DJ James played at Spanish Fort. See the connection? Mario and Spanish Fort!

We're just gonna ignore who we've landed at WR and DE? lol
The only ones I do not care for on that list is Noland Breland and everyone…..the others we could use. But if we landed Stewart Hayes and Ellis I wouldn’t even care at that point.

Oh wait I’m cappin that white boy TE that chose UGA he’s the next Bowers.

Interesting, I thought the thread was about Hayes. Hayes is a great prospect. That would be a strong 2 year haul. Now let's try and keep things about the actual subject. Killing me that folks argue about future events. Nostradamus would be jealous.

QB - Noland
WR - Smith
TE - Everyone
OL - Baker / Ahfua
DE - Stewart
DT - Stone / Breland
LB - Hayes

While I agree we missed on Smith and yes he would be the top recruit in the WR class, it is disingenuous to frame it as if the WR class is a failure because we missed Smith.
Do we have a great WR class as it is?...YES.
Does the WR class have top rated WR's in it as it is?...YES.
Would it be better with Smith?...yes...but that does not mean we don't have a really really good WR class as it is.

Same applies to DE.....and I could make a really compelling argument for LB.

Now DT...fair game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back