2024 Adarius Hayes LB Largo OV this weekend

This class is top ten on rivals. Sorry, thats not a nothing burger lol. It be one of our best classes of the past 15-20 years. Add it to last years class and you just can’t deny the reality that there has been improvement here. While we always want to do better Mario has improved our roster significantly.

Advertisement
This class is top ten on rivals. Sorry, thats not a nothing burger lol. It be one of our best classes of the past 15-20 years. Add it to last years class and you just can’t deny the reality that there has been improvement here. While we always want to do better Mario has improved our roster significantly.
Quantity, not quality (as of today).

Now do average ranking per recruit. We’ve got 26 commits lol.

How many difference makers?

How many difference makers?
Ok Miss Cleo.
Please tell us who are the difference makers? According to rankings Bain shouldn’t even be on the field yet.
Until they suit up no one can be 100 sure about who’s gonna make a difference.

I agree we all want bragging rights and dudes with a lot of stars. But Jones and this cat are serious players on tape.
Will they pan out? Nobody knows. We’ve had higher rated players that are udfa right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pretty sure after the GT game he visited he stated he would be planning a return trip this time as an official visit…
I don’t think that was set in stone.
This started getting leaked out a few days ago and that’s what I meant about not being public. Today the cat is fully out of the bag.

But again. That’s just what I heard. So it’s not like I’m some insider.

Ok Miss Cleo.
Please tell us who are the difference makers? According to rankings Bain shouldn’t even be on the field yet.

I agree we all want bragging rights and dudes with a lot of stars. But Jones and this cat are serious players on tape.
Will they pan out? Nobody knows. We’ve had higher rated layers that are udfa right now.
lol at all of this.

You know what fanbases pivot towards evaluations and “we won’t know til they hit campus” excuses to rationalize their recruiting classes?

The ones that don’t have a plethora of star players.

You think Mario was brought in to develop classes mostly full of three-stars, or get **** good talent? The elite talent is supposed to mitigate the numerous coaching blunders on gameday and make life easier for him and the staff.

Stars matter, literally all data proves it. Don’t rationalize, don’t pivot, don’t make excuses based on emotion - just sign the kids. I’m not saying they’re all busts because they’re not - it’s unrealistic to assume you’ll only sign 4 and 5-stars. But to have a majority of non-blue chips…how is that acceptable?

Interesting how our impact players this year from the ‘23 class are all top 175 players…Bain, Francis, Fletcher, Damari now…who woulda thought?

Ok Miss Cleo.

Will they pan out? Nobody knows. We’ve had higher rated layers that are udfa right now.
Bain was the 63rd ranked player in the composite. He is even better than he was touted by the rankings but that is impact player level.

Wouldn’t say everyone at TE as Lofton is fine in his own right, but whiffed on first two in Odom and Mitchell.

Whiff is also a relative term as the teams we lost those prospects to are just better football programs right now, but then again those calibers of players are what Mario was brought in to grab.

Yes there are is always going to be more whiffs than commits…Obviously for the top 3-4 programs ty it will be closer to 50/50 or maybe even less whiffs.

Advertisement
lol at all of this.

You know what fanbases pivot towards evaluations and “we won’t know til they hit campus” excuses to rationalize their recruiting classes?

It's not a pivot if you never put that much value in that **** to begin with.

Guideline? Starting point for watching some highlights? Sure…Are there going to be plenty of no brainers among the nation's top players? Of course

But it's just hilarious how this board will meltdown if there is an 11 in front of Miami in this year's recruiting class this year instead of a 9. Pure comedy and delusion.

It's not a pivot if you never put that much value in that **** to begin with.

Guideline? Starting point for watching some highlights? Sure…Are there going to be plenty of no brainers among the nation's top players? Of course

But it's just hilarious how this board will meltdown if there is an 11 in front of Miami in this year's recruiting class this year instead of a 9. Pure comedy and delusion.
11 isn’t bad to me if it’s the right kind of 11 that addresses current weakness on our team + is a proper balance of instant-impact and high ceiling developmental guys.

Outside the Top 15 for average rating per recruit would be, personally. As of right now, we’re 19th. That’s disgusting lol. I’ll have to check the numbers but that sounds like Manny/Golden level.

One month to trim some fat and/or sign some studs. Winning tomorrow would go a looooooong way towards that goal.

Quantity, not quality (as of today).

Now do average ranking per recruit. We’ve got 26 commits lol.
I agree the class is underwhelming but the average ranking thing is mostly on the philosophy of the staff. You can literally drop 7 of our lowest rated players and it barely makes a dent in the class ranking points and the per recruit average goes up.

Staff have clearly missed on DL and CB and QB recruits and needs changes in staffs at those positions. Everything else is not better due to field performance which is also on the staff obv. but perspective also matters.

Advertisement
I agree the class is underwhelming but the average ranking thing is mostly on the philosophy of the staff. You can literally drop 7 of our lowest rated players and it barely makes a dent in the class ranking points and the per recruit average goes up.

Staff have clearly missed on DL and CB and QB recruits and needs changes in staffs at those positions. Everything else is not better due to field performance which is also on the staff obv. but perspective also matters.
I try to break it down into its most simplistic form.

I think we can all agree Mario Cristobal isn’t going to out-coach anyone regarding X’s and O’s. I’m not even considering self-inflicted issues like poor timeout usage, lack of urgency on offense when trailing / under 2 min, the thing he did against GT that doesn’t need to be brought up again, etc. Just from a schematic standpoint, that’s not who he is. Doesn’t mean we can’t win with him at HC.

Ok, so if he’s not too bright with the X’s and O’s, how does he win games? Acquiring talent, and usually has an emphatic advantage over his opponents. That’s why I care about recruiting so much, because it’s the one area he was brought in to see consistent improvement. Elevate the talent in each and every room, sign stars, naturally win more games (even if it means losing 2-3 inexplicable ones), and become relevant on a yearly basis again. I’m not even talking playoffs, I just want 9-3 or 10-2 right now.

He did it last class, and it’s already paying off with guys like Bain, Francis, Fletcher and Damari. They were all Top175 guys. We had the 7th-ranked class and an average rating per recruit at 91.78, good for 6th. That’s a **** good class, and elevates the whole team substantially. A lot of positions got better talent, which is what he needs.

Now this current class (same amount of kids committed btw as last year), this current class is 11th overall, 19th per recruit (89.71 average rating). Contextually, no Top 15 class in 2023 finished below a 90 average.

That FSU high school class everyone likes to rag on for being trash…well I agree it was. They finished 19th overall and 89.81 average rating per recruit…so what does that make our current class? Are you going to tell me that ours isn’t theirs because they don’t have Alonso? Yeah…ok.

We are quickly finding out that no recruiting savant can consistently out-perform their performance on the field. He did it last year, he ain’t this year.

That’s why we aren’t seeing more whales jumping onboard. They’re cautious because they don’t fully believe in the product he’s selling. We have to win tomorrow.

Last edited:

I think we can all agree Mario Cristobal isn’t going to out-coach anyone regarding X’s and O’s. I’m not even considering self-inflicted issues like poor timeout usage, lack of urgency on offense when trailing / under 2 min, the thing he did against GT that doesn’t need to be brought up again, etc. Just from a schematic standpoint, that’s not who he is. Doesn’t mean we can’t win with him at HC.

Ok, so if he’s not too bright with the X’s and O’s, how does he win games? Acquiring talent, and usually has an emphatic advantage over his opponents.

He did it last class, and it’s already paying off with guys like Bain, Francis, Fletcher and Damari. They were all Top175 guys. We had the 7th-ranked class and an average rating per recruit at 91.78, good for 6th. That’s a **** good class, and elevates the whole team substantially. A lot of positions got better talent, which is what he needs.

Now this current class (same amount of kids committed btw as last year), this current class is 11th overall, 19th per recruit (89.71 average rating). Contextually, no Top 15 class in 2023 finished below a 90 average.

That FSU high school class everyone likes to rag on for being trash…well I agree it was. They finished 19th overall and 89.81 average rating per recruit…so what does that make our current class? Are you going to tell me that ours isn’t theirs because they don’t have Alonso? Yeah…ok.

We are quickly finding out that no recruiting savant can consistently out-perform their performance on the field. He did it last year, he ain’t this year.

That’s why we aren’t seeing more whales jumping onboard. They’re cautious because they don’t fully believe in the product he’s selling. We have to win tomorrow.
Also to add, no recruiting savant can consistently outperform the market, ie evals that only they seem to covet will most likely not lead to victories over team ranked in the top 10. Bottom line is that Mario's path to winning is through top tier recruiting. He did in 2023, and thus far he hasnt in 2024 and time is running out.

Ok, so if he’s not too bright with the X’s and O’s, how does he win games? Acquiring talent, and usually has an emphatic advantage over his opponents. That’s why I care about recruiting so much, because it’s the one area he was brought in to see consistent improvement. Elevate the talent in each and every room, sign stars, naturally win more games (even if it means losing 2-3 inexplicable ones), and become relevant on a yearly basis again. I’m not even talking playoffs, I just want 9-3 or 10-2 right now.

Yea I agree its a bad class. Honestly I think Cristobal isn't a good coach (like at all) and im not even defending him.
Im just saying that the class average thing doesnt make a ton of sense to criticize as you said FSU finished 19th last year and their class was 89.91. Im saying the philosophy can be criticized since theyre taking a bunch of low rated players at the bottom instead of just staying put with their high rated players and supplementing the low with transfer portal additions. If you remove 8 dead weight guys (sorry recruits lol) we would have a higher class rankings and not even be at 19th I believe we would be at 16th. Im just crititcizing the argument you made with the class average as for this class its not a good argument since you can just drop any one you want from the bottom 3 stars and our average goes up.

Advertisement
Yea I agree its a bad class. Honestly I think Cristobal isn't a good coach (like at all) and im not even defending him.
Im just saying that the class average thing doesnt make a ton of sense to criticize as you said FSU finished 19th last year and their class was 89.91. Im saying the philosophy can be criticized since theyre taking a bunch of low rated players at the bottom instead of just staying put with their high rated players and supplementing the low with transfer portal additions. If you remove 8 dead weight guys (sorry recruits lol) we would have a higher class rankings and not even be at 19th I believe we would be at 16th. Im just crititcizing the argument you made with the class average as for this class its not a good argument since you can just drop any one you want from the bottom 3 stars and our average goes up.
Right, but class average alludes to the entirety of your recruiting class. If you took out one kicker or punter, sure that’s fine. You can’t just pick and choose who you want to take out when it involves 8+ low rated dudes lol. That’s your class. It paints the whole picture.

It’s like saying in math class, your test average is an 85 because you got two 95’s, one 90, two 85’s, one 75, and one 70. But then, you go home to your parents and say “oh if you take out the 70 and 75, my average is a 90”.

Wish the world worked like that lol.

Last edited:
Right, but class average alludes to the entirety of your recruiting class. If you took out one kicker or punter, sure that’s fine. You can’t just pick and choose who you want to take out when it involves 8+ low rated dudes lol. That’s your class.

It’s like saying in math class, your test average is an 85 because you got two 95’s, one 90, two 85’s, one 75, and one 70. But then, you go home to your parents and say “oh if you take out the 70 and 75, my average is a 90”.

Wish the world worked like that lol.
Thats what I just said the philosophy of taking lower rated players is what you are criticizing not the class average since the average is dropped due to accepting commitments from lower ranked guys.

This would make sense if you are penalized for taking extra guys but anywayssss I agree I would rather not take their commitment and go the transfer portal route to cover the holes that we will have due to our poor perfromance on the field.

Overall tho its a mediocre class.

This class just continues to be a nothingburger.

As it stands we are staring down the barrel of 6-6 and missed on the top guy on our board at:

QB - Noland
WR - Smith
TE - Everyone
OL - Baker / Ahfua
DE - Stewart
DT - Stone / Breland
LB - Hayes
CB - Robinson (although he seems like he'll string us along for a while)

#watchthefinish

Advertisement
Back