AD will have to rejuvenate a dying brand

The brand won’t die.. it’s definitely taken a hit. The legacy built by so many NFL greats will live on. Someone will have a battle changing the culture that has been around for 20 yrs. the brand tho… lmao of someone thinks it’s dead. ****, other programs respect the U more then some of the players who have played in the past 20 yrs

Advertisement
You were accepted to UF and UCF and you chose UCF? So you chose to go to the #148 ranked academic institution over the #28 ranked school? You need to really examine your life choices.
Where are you getting 28 from? UM is ranked 55th nationally, and only slightly higher among private institutions.

And if rankings are that important to you, those should be cause for concern too as they're slipping. UM's law program is a paltry #77 nationally and has been passed up by UF and FSU, and even FIU has made a massive jump in the last few years and stands at #88. I'm headed to law school next year and while I'm looking at UM, it certainly is considered one of the most overpriced JD's in the entire country when tuition is actually weighed against outcomes, salary and job market reach. Unless you're awarded a hefty scholarship (which they do give out because the school knows its tuition is high), and you're sure you want to stay and work in South Florida, its a school many consider not worth attending at sticker.

Point is, when people throw the excuse that UM chose to focus too heavily on academics which made athletics suffer, something doesn't add up as both are seeing similar levels of decline.

"You really need to examine your life choices" to someone because of where they decided to go to college? Get over yourself, dope.

Last edited:
Where are you getting 28 from? UM is ranked 55th nationally, and only slightly higher among private institutions.

And if rankings are that important to you, those should be cause for concern too as they're slipping. UM's law program is a paltry #77 nationally and has been passed up by UF and FSU, and even FIU has made a massive jump in the last few years and stands at #88. I'm headed to law school next year and while I'm looking at UM, it certainly is considered one of the most overpriced JD's in the entire country when tuition is actually weighed against outcomes, salary and job market reach. Unless you're awarded a hefty scholarship (which they do give out because the school knows its tuition is high), and you're sure you want to stay and work in South Florida, its a school many consider not worth attending at sticker.

Point is, when people throw the excuse that UM chose to focus too heavily on academics which made athletics suffer, something doesn't add up as both are seeing similar levels of decline.

He's talking about turning down UF for UCF. That's a head scratcher unless you got massive financial aid from UCF and nothing from UF.

Most schools in the country are over priced. University presidents or whoever charges the loot should be wearing masks…. And not the one to stop the Vid, the one a bank robber wears. These people are worse than guys from Charlestown!

"You really need to examine your life choices" to someone because of where they decided to go to college? Get over yourself, dope.
Going to a private school like UM, while expensive, allows you to make business connections that you likely have no chance of getting going to a massive public university. One day when you're older you'll look back at your reliance on idiotic school "rankings" and realize the error of your ways.

Advertisement
Going to a private school like UM, while expensive, allows you to make business connections that you likely have no chance of getting going to a massive public university. One day when you're older you'll look back at your reliance on idiotic school "rankings" and realize the error of your ways.
I'm 40. And I'm responding to someone who brought up rankings, unprovoked, so he's the one you may have a rub with. And my whole post was preceded by, 'If rankings are that important to you..."

Advertisement
I'm 40. And I'm responding to someone who brought up rankings, unprovoked, so he's the one you may have a rub with. And my whole post was preceded by, 'If rankings are that important to you..."
Bud, college is what you make of it. If you go to Yale, does it help? Of course but you can also go to a CC and transfer to a state school and do excellent professionally. You can go to a trade school, become an apprentice and then start your own business and crush it. You can also go to the best school on earth and flop professionally. Is what it is. You voiced your frustration, you are ****ed just like many others. A few people went at you and called out your education. Don’t take it personally, I hear you and many others do as well. All good my man. Vent, it’s good for the soul.

Advertisement
Bud, college is what you make of it. If you go to Yale, does it help? Of course but you can also go to a CC and transfer to a state school and do excellent professionally. You can go to a trade school, become an apprentice and then start your own business and crush it. You can also go to the best school on earth and flop professionally. Is what it is. You voiced your frustration, you are ****ed just like many others. A few people went at you and called out your education. Don’t take it personally, I hear you and many others do as well. All good my man. Vent, it’s good for the soul.
I'm not the OP, fyi

You were accepted to UF and UCF and you chose UCF? So you chose to go to the #148 ranked academic institution over the #28 ranked school? You need to really examine your life choices.

For typical undergraduate education, rankings 30 - 100 + makes no real difference. Sometimes rankings are over exaggerated and is not linearly correlated to the quality of education you get.
For example. UCF has a much better Biotechnology program than UF or UM... your choice of school for undergraduate involves a myriad of considerations.
If you are going into med school for example, get the cheapest pre med degree you can find.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back