AD will have to rejuvenate a dying brand

oracleturts

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
The brand is nearly dead. Assuming that the Blake James experiment is nearly over, the empty stadium has to go. Whether they have to give away tickets to area high schools, Pop warner teams or find large employers and give them tickets. I realize we will never have our own stadium. With that being said, you can't embarrass yourself like that on national television. The games themselves are commercials for your university. The PR and advertising is just awful. Many people here have continued to hammer the point that it takes money to get money.

I applied to and was accepted to UF, UCF and USF out of high school. I attended UCF for a few semesters but still remain a fan of the U and buy merchandise from Miami. I am tired of supporting this team more than the Board of Trustees. I more ties to UF and UCF than Miami.

Advertisement
The brand is nearly dead. Assuming that the Blake James experiment is nearly over, the empty stadium has to go. Whether they have to give away tickets to area high schools, Pop warner teams or find large employers and give them tickets. I realize we will never have our own stadium. With that being said, you can't embarrass yourself like that on national television. The games themselves are commercials for your university. The PR and advertising is just awful. Many people here have continued to hammer the point that it takes money to get money.

I applied to and was accepted to UF, UCF and USF out of high school. I attended UCF for a few semesters but still remain a fan of the U and buy merchandise from Miami. I am tired of supporting this team more than the Board of Trustees. I more ties to UF and UCF than Miami.
1. You went to UCF because it's less expensive than Miami and the quality of education is pretty much on par

2. The brand still resonates nationally

3. Good riddance

EKG Flatline GIF | Gfycat

Advertisement
Advertisement

You were accepted to UF and UCF and you chose UCF? So you chose to go to the #148 ranked academic institution over the #28 ranked school? You need to really examine your life choices.

You were accepted to UF and UCF and you chose UCF? So you chose to go to the #148 ranked academic institution over the #28 ranked school? You need to really examine your life choices.
Aye, some ppl can't stomach themselves to be a gaytor.
But, I see your point.

Advertisement
4 years ago. Miami is very much down but the brand is not dead. If it was we would not have been preaseason top 15.
I understand your point, but we were top 15 because we had a QB. But in all honesty did you really believe we had a good team? Because I sure knew our defense was garbage.

The brand…. ok brother, it’s definitely on life support and we are a good coach away from making some noise…. The question is WHEN?

I appreciate your insight.

Advertisement

Good post. Atta boy.

Is it in the water these past few days?

Bump.

Survey from a few days ago about best jobs in cfb. They interviewed over 100 people working in athletic departments about the top jobs in cfb. Miami, despite almost 15 years of being nationally irrelevant for football, still ranks #13.

Weird that so many people would think so highly of a program with a supposedly dead brand.

I understand your point, but we were top 15 because we had a QB. But in all honesty did you really believe we had a good team? Because I sure knew our defense was garbage.

The brand…. ok brother, it’s definitely on life support and we are a good coach away from making some noise…. The question is WHEN?

I appreciate your insight.
Brand-scmand.

Win is the brand.

Vandy or Wake put together 2-3 seasons of solid play, they will become a new "it" school.

Do you attend games?

Advertisement
Back