AD Records

Mel Bernstein

Need a first class ticket to the resurrection
Does anyone know the football team’s record under our last 4-5 ADs?

Advertisement
The Blake James Era: The results of 78 Games between 2013-2018

Since 2013, we’ve played 78 football games. During that span, we’ve essentially had two head coaches: (1) Al Golden and (2) Mark Richt.

The results of those 78 football games have been pretty “consistent”…

Total Games Played: 78

Overall Record: 49-29 (63%)

Average Overall Record 8.2 - 4.8

Total Conference Games Played: 48

Overall Conference Record: 29-19 (60%)

Average Overall Conference Record: 4.8 - 3.2

Average Finish/Place in the Coastal: 2.7

No matter who we play, we’ve lost ~ 40% of our games. We’ve consistently finished in the middle of the Coastal Division and this division features a subpar group of teams. I examined those 29 losses and I came up with the following:

• 15 (51.7%) were to teams who finished the season unranked.
  • 8 (27.6%) were to teams who finished the season ranked in the top 10.
  • Our average margin of loss was 15.4 PPG.
  • 19 (65.5%) were lost by at least 10 points.

Please note the following: Although Blake James was appointed as interim athletic director in October, 2012, he wasn’t officially named athletic director until February, 2013. I will not hold the results of the interim period against him, although they would further tarnish his tenure (we went 3-4 after he was appointed interim AD). In addition, since the 2019 season is hardly complete, I will not include those results in the following, although they would further tarnish his tenure. Discounting the interim period and this current season, we’re left with six full seasons of results.

The Blake James Era: The results of 78 Games between 2013-2018

Since 2013, we’ve played 78 football games. During that span, we’ve essentially had two head coaches: (1) Al Golden and (2) Mark Richt.

The results of those 78 football games have been pretty “consistent”…

Total Games Played: 78

Overall Record: 49-29 (63%)

Average Overall Record 8.2 - 4.8

Total Conference Games Played: 48

Overall Conference Record: 29-19 (60%)

Average Overall Conference Record: 4.8 - 3.2

Average Finish/Place in the Coastal: 2.7

No matter who we play, we’ve lost ~ 40% of our games. We’ve consistently finished in the middle of the Coastal Division and this division features a subpar group of teams. I examined those 29 losses and I came up with the following:

• 15 (51.7%) were to teams who finished the season unranked.
  • 8 (27.6%) were to teams who finished the season ranked in the top 10.
  • Our average margin of loss was 15.4 PPG.
  • 19 (65.5%) were lost by at least 10 points.

Please note the following: Although Blake James was appointed as interim athletic director in October, 2012, he wasn’t officially named athletic director until February, 2013. I will not hold the results of the interim period against him, although they would further tarnish his tenure (we went 3-4 after he was appointed interim AD). In addition, since the 2019 season is hardly complete, I will not include those results in the following, although they would further tarnish his tenure. Discounting the interim period and this current season, we’re left with six full seasons of results.

Awesome detail! Thanks for the thorough response. Those numbers are pretty terrible. You may not have the figures, but were the previous ADs just that much better? Or did we just have a few great years under each? I can look later if this isn’t easy to get - just on and off phone now. Wondering how far we’ve really fallen under this guys vs others.

I will not hold the results of the interim period against him, although they would further tarnish his tenure (we went 3-4 after he was appointed interim AD). In addition, since the 2019 season is hardly complete, I will not include those results in the following, although they would further tarnish his tenure. Discounting the interim period and this current season, we’re left with six full seasons of results.
So 2 turtleheads and 6 full dumps?

Awesome detail! Thanks for the thorough response. Those numbers are pretty terrible. You may not have the figures, but were the previous ADs just that much better? Or did we just have a few great years under each? I can look later if this isn’t easy to get - just on and off phone now. Wondering how far we’ve really fallen under this guys vs others.

Not trying to be a jerk but you can google it. Keep in mind the following:

1. Before Blake James, you had Shawn Eichorst. He was here from April, 2011 to October, 2012. That wasn't too many football games during this time. Although the Golden extension happened during this timeline.

2. Before Shawn Eichorst, you had Kirby Hocutt. He was here from February, 2008 to February, 2011. He watched over the end of Randy's tenure (08-10) and the hiring of Al Golden. He left before Golden coached a game.

3. Here is another tidbit. In 2010, Blake James returned to Miami. He was in the department and saw a lot of irrational and illogical decisions before he was hired to AD. At Miami, we love to promote from failed regimes.

Advertisement
Not trying to be a jerk but you can google it. Keep in mind the following:

1. Before Blake James, you had Shawn Eichorst. He was here from April, 2011 to October, 2012. That wasn't too many football games during this time. Although the Golden extension happened during this timeline.

2. Before Shawn Eichorst, you had Kirby Hocutt. He was here from February, 2008 to February, 2011. He watched over the end of Randy's tenure (08-10) and the hiring of Al Golden. He left before Golden coached a game.

3. Here is another tidbit. In 2010, Blake James returned to Miami. He was in the department and saw a lot of irrational and illogical decisions before he was hired to AD. At Miami, we love to promote from failed regimes.

Thanks. Yeah, I was on the road all day. I’ll take a look once settled. Thanks for the insight. Wasn’t sure if this topic was covered at length here.

Advertisement
Back