ACCT Game 2 vs. Clemson

scane

Redshirt Freshman
With Duke and Wake still playing the first game in the 13th, this game will start late.

TV:
FOX Sports Florida
FOX Sports South
FOX Sports Midwest Plus
YES
NBC Sports Washington
NESN Plus
AT&T Sportsnet Pittsburgh
FOX Sports Detroit Plus
FOX Sports North Plus
FOX Sports Wisconsin Plus
FOX Sports Arizona
FOX Sports San Diego
FOX Sports Prime Ticket
AT&T Sportsnet Las Vegas
AT&T Sportsnet Rocky Mtn - DB at 1am
Root Sports Northwest - DB at 3am
Stream: ACC Network Extra or Fox Sports Go depending on location
Radio: 790 The Ticket/WVUM

Jeb is starting. He gave up 6 runs (all in the first two innings) in 6 innings of work against Clemson in April. His problem away from home most of the season has been allowing runs in the first couple innings.

This game is worth 42 RPI points according to Warren Nolan, and we need 102 to reach the top 50. A win tonight would move us up to around 59th. Figuring FSU would be worth a few more RPI points and NC State a few less, I don't see how we get the RPI into any reasonable at-large position.

Advertisement
What's the lowest RPI a team has gotten in as an at large bid with over the last 5-10 years?
I don't know the specific answer but it's regionally dependent. Teams from the west can get into the tournament with RPIs in the 60s but for an ACC and SEC school you really need to be at least in the 40s.

What's the lowest RPI a team has gotten in as an at large bid with over the last 5-10 years?

I believe last year UCLA got in with a 66 or so. A spot or two behind us. They needed to fill a 3 seed in a Cali regional so they took them and left us at home.

I was wrong they were at 65 and we were in the 40s but our record against the top 50 was garbage and again they needed more west coast representatives. IMO we had a legit beef getting left out for them but I don’t think we deserved to get in.

Advertisement
With Duke and Wake still playing the first game in the 13th, this game will start late.

TV:
FOX Sports Florida
FOX Sports South
FOX Sports Midwest Plus
YES
NBC Sports Washington
NESN Plus
AT&T Sportsnet Pittsburgh
FOX Sports Detroit Plus
FOX Sports North Plus
FOX Sports Wisconsin Plus
FOX Sports Arizona
FOX Sports San Diego
FOX Sports Prime Ticket
AT&T Sportsnet Las Vegas
AT&T Sportsnet Rocky Mtn - DB at 1am
Root Sports Northwest - DB at 3am
Stream: ACC Network Extra or Fox Sports Go depending on location
Radio: 790 The Ticket/WVUM

Jeb is starting. He gave up 6 runs (all in the first two innings) in 6 innings of work against Clemson in April. His problem away from home most of the season has been allowing runs in the first couple innings.

This game is worth 42 RPI points according to Warren Nolan, and we need 102 to reach the top 50. A win tonight would move us up to around 59th. Figuring FSU would be worth a few more RPI points and NC State a few less, I don't see how we get the RPI into any reasonable at-large position.

Hope Jeb has a long bullpen session then. Our pen is plenty rested - I'd rather get 5 - 6 strong innings from Jeb vs falling behind early like he did last time.

Cloonan starting instead of Tackett. Quinones dropped down to 8th in the order.

Advertisement
Bargfeldt works around a two out double and walk. Scoreless after an inning.

Well worked walks by Zamora (8 pitches) and Cloonan (10 pitches) have driven up Crawford’s pitch count, but otherwise not much going offensively.

This kid isn’t fooling anybody he’s just blowing 91 by everybody. He can’t find anything but that fastball. Sad offensive display so far.

Jeb gives up a run on a single, walk, sacrifice, groundout, and strikeout. Clemson leads 1-0 through 2.

Advertisement
Fewest runs Bargfeldt has given up through two innings in a start away from home since Duke in March. It’s the only time he didn’t give up a first inning run.

Advertisement
Quinones with a lead off single then sacrificed to 2nd by Escala. Zamora and Jenkins follow up with two well hit balls straight at the right fielder for outs.

Chopper over the first baseman and a strange bounce in right results in a Cloonan triple scoring Burns from first.

Advertisement
Back