According to PFF Francisco and Gore are the top Dlineman and LB in the portal

sfcane2

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
PFF ranks the top players by position in the portal. Francisco and Thomas Gore are the tops at their positions.

“As just a true sophomore, Francisco Mauigoa was the Pac-12’s second-highest-graded linebacker, earning a 75.8 mark.”

“Thomas Gore has dominated for two years now. His 90.6 grade since 2021 ranks fifth among all interior defensive linemen in college football.

The redshirt junior excels in all aspects, sitting as one of only five interior defensive linemen with 85.0-plus grades as both a pass rusher and run defender in that span.”

Advertisement
But CIS has been telling me he’s too small to be on the field

Cohen also the top interior lineman in the portal according to 247 at least

So in 3 of our 4 severe need categories, we landed the best player available in the nation - now just WR and more DT’s

Advertisement
do we know if Gore played any P5 schools? Curious how he performed against higher level comp.
Relatively quiet vs SC but terrorized UNC. Dont look at stats watch the game highlights...he was blowing up a ton of plays.

Also noticed he had 8 tackles vs Army in 2021 in a loss. Not that Army is some juggernaut but they frustrate a lot of DL and wear on your.

Advertisement
Relatively quiet vs SC but terrorized UNC. Dont look at stats watch the game highlights...he was blowing up a ton of plays.

Also noticed he had 8 tackles vs Army in 2021 in a loss. Not that Army is some juggernaut but they frustrate a lot of DL and wear on your.
IIRC that 2021 army team was a 9 or 10 win team. Their offense is a field day for DL and LBs though

Advertisement
Advertisement
But CIS has been telling me he’s too small to be on the field

Cohen also the top interior lineman in the portal according to 247 at least

So in 3 of our 4 severe need categories, we landed the best player available in the nation - now just WR and more DT’s
Hey I’m excited about Gore. I think there’s a lot of upside there. I think it’s fair for people to have some reservations tho as a) it’s different playing at Ga State than it is playing against Clemson, FSU, ND every week and b) he’s replacing Jackson a behemoth and playing next to Taylor( who by his own admission has had to work on adding more size himself).

Hopefully better LB play with adding Mauigoa and Wes development everyone will look better up front.

The pff grades are nice but the next steps are to account for level of competition. If Gore has the same grades regardless of competition then we’ll be really cooking.

Advertisement
Back