ACCCG...........Our Chances

Advertisement
UNC will lose to VT. It's Beamers last home game, that place will be rocking. I really like our chances at the ACCCG.

Advertisement
It's nice our fans now act like fans, kind of LOL. Enjoying their team wins and discussing different inter-conference playing scenarios looking forward for a brighter future. Refreshing!

It's nice our fans now act like fans, kind of LOL. Enjoying their team wins and discussing different inter-conference playing scenarios looking forward for a brighter future. Refreshing!

It happens when an Excuse Making Tie Leaves

Advertisement
Tough luck when you draw FSU and clemson as your crossover games. One game at a time, let's just try to put a Clemson on Virginia this weekend.

After all that has happened, whether we win out or not, all it comes down to for me is this = ANYBODY BUT DUKE.
GO HEELS!!!!!

and why do we need clemson to lose?

Probably because we can beat FSU. Although if Maguire is starting we might not. They looked like a different team last week.

With Maguire as starting QB, we are probably down 35-7 at half. Fisher seemed to open up the playbook with maguire, which was only partially open with Golson. Does not matter though, Clemson will beat FSU and will be in the ACCCG.

Advertisement
The only reason I care about the rest of the season, is that by winning each week we help preserve this recruiting class until we announce a new coach.

With Donuts still on this staff running a zone defense dropping cornerbacks 10 yards when the opposing team is on our 20 yard line, Slim to none and slim just caught a cab!!!

and why do we need clemson to lose?

Probably because we can beat FSU. Although if Maguire is starting we might not. They looked like a different team last week.

So what? They have so tall skinny white kid starting. We DO NOT HAVE AL. All IN.

We just took away the biggest advantage every team we play had over us. Scot needs to gag Mark and stuff him in the coaches box without a mike. Then turn the kids loose and tell them to have at it. Jimbo will not have a clue what to call because his Al playbook will be useless. Make a sandlot game out of it. Start hitting QB first play and don't stop. Play pile on Cook until he doesn't get up. "Dirty plays by a resurgent out of control THUG U captures ACC title for first time." "On a side note, Butch Davis, new HC who did not coach the game, is seen smiling and first pumping throughout the game." "Now for some media reaction ......." Tears and screams heard off camera.

Advertisement
I think the ultimate dream scenario is to win out, have North Carolina beat Duke and then lose to NC State or VT while Clemson also wins out. We would play Clemson in the ACCCG which would probably be the number 1 team in the country. If we somehow miraculously win that game it would give us all the momentum going into next season and prove that Al Golden is the worst coach in the history of football. I know it's not happening but it's fun to dream about.

I think we also need Pitt to beat Duke, right? That would put us, Pitt, Duke and UNC all at two losses, and we would hold the tie break over all of them. Or am I missing something?

Pitt already has a conference loss to UNC. All we need to do is win out and have UNC lose to either Duke, VT or NCST, OR have Duke lose to UNC, UVA, Pitt, or Wake Forest.

UNC has the tougher schedule. So, them beating Duke pretty much eliminates Duke if we win out. Then UNC will have to beat VT and NCST if they lose yo us.

It's really simple guys. Miami needs to win out and whoever wins between Duke and UNC needs another loss besides the one to Miami.

If we somehow find a way to win out, I have confidence in NC St over UNC and I think Pitt beats Dook, so I would like our chances.

Advertisement
Back