ACC Tourney Thread

Advertisement
I think they said game times will be announced tomorrow.

Miami plays Wake Forest and Georgia Tech in pool play. A win over Wake would be very big. Georgia Tech is a must. We scored 32 runs against Georgia Tech, which means they literally have no pitching at all.

Wake and GT is a pretty good draw for us. Jeb went 7 innings against Wake only giving up 3 hits and striking out 10 Deacs the first go around this year, so he had them fooled. And GT just isn't all that good this year. Our likely semi match-up would be UNC or Clemson if we manage to win our pool. If we somehow win that game that would put us at 32-27 if we lost in the final. Probably would be enough to get us in, given our history. Do we get in at 31-28 if we lose in the semis? And correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't we had a history of stinking it up in the ACC tourney the last decade?

Advertisement
I think we have to win the first three to improve the RPI and get two more wins against Top 50 RPI teams (Wake and Pool B winner), and hope that NC State goes 0 - 2. I think the Committee is going to be hesitant to put too many ACC and SEC teams in the tourney this year.

Separately, I am glad Morris has stuck with the same lineup for the last week or so. Putting Chester back at lead-off was the key. I wish he had done that earlier in the year - Davison has great wheels and a great attitude, but he simply strikes out too much for a lead-off hitter.

Good luck in the tourney this week - I have been disappointed in this season but the guys are still fighting. Go Canes.

acc schedule.jpg

I think we got a pretty good draw in terms of scheduling. Play GT Tuesday and get a day off before playing Wake Thursday (for their 2nd game in 2 days). So we'll probably go 0 - 2.

Advertisement
Pitch Veliz or McKendry, whom is rested, against GTech. Save Jeb for Wake. Use Lepore in 3rd game, but bring in Mediavilla (or Veliz/Mckendry - whichever one your did not already utilize) quickly if Lepore falters.

I think the key is GeorgiaTech game. If they can beat them with a #2 pitcher, it sets the tone for the 2nd game. They will be on a 5 game winning streak and confident. They make the NCAAs if they win the first two, but are out if they do not reach the semifinals.

Advertisement
By Miami standards anything less than Omaha is failure . . . It feels like a regional appearance and a win before getting bounced in the regional is playing beyond our abilities.

How the mighty have fallen!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back