ACC Tournament

Sam is a stretch 4. Guess what? He isn't a guy that is comfortable inside, period. You are also seeing a guy with zero confidence attempt to play. Last year, you saw some solid defensive performances from him, but it was inconsistent. This year, he looks like a completely different player, because his role has changed to something he has no understanding of.
He still is - most of the time -- being allowed to play his natural stretch 4 position. I think the fact that he doesn't have all the guys who left last year to garner the opponents' focus has hurt his confidence.

Advertisement
Wonder if today could very well be Coach L's last game. He's going to be 70 later this year and the FBI investigation took a lot out of his sails. Add to that the lack of movement on the recruiting front for next year and im starting to think this may be it for him.

I personally don't think that today is Coach L's last game at Miami. I also think Miami will win today so that let's you know somewhat how I feel about Miami basketball.

I think this season and the FBI investigation has caused Coach L to refocus and change some of his recent philosophies toward how he handles the roster.

Coach L has proven that when he has talent, Miami is a very good basketball program.

Miami needs talent on the roster and not a new head coach.

Sam is a stretch 4. Guess what? He isn't a guy that is comfortable inside, period. You are also seeing a guy with zero confidence attempt to play. Last year, you saw some solid defensive performances from him, but it was inconsistent. This year, he looks like a completely different player, because his role has changed to something he has no understanding of.
Guess what? If you're 6'9 and play in the ACC, you HAVE to at least attempt to rebound and play defense. Sam does neither at an even below average level. He is a liability 95% of the time he's on the floor.

Advertisement
Sam is a unique talent without a define role. That is hard on a coach. Coach L sees him as a stretch 4 but if he is not making jumpshots then he becomes a liability due to a limited skillset that he has shown.

Sam will be better with better talent around him. JMO.

Last edited:
Doing my best to not get my hopes up for this game but I can't deny my excitement. Hope we make it a good game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Sam is a unique talent without a define role. That is hard on a coach. Coach L sees him as a stretch 4 but if he is not making jumpshots then he becomes a liability due to a limited skillset that he has shown.

Sam will be better with better talent around him. JMO.
As he was last year, playing with Walker, Newton and Brown! This season exposed all of his many flaws.

Advertisement
Back