ACC Tournament Seeding....UPDATED 5/17

AntwanJ306

Thunderdome
Pool A
1 Miami
4 Duke
5 Clemson
8 Wake Forest vs 9 Georgia Tech (play-in game)

Pool B
2 Florida State
3 Virginia
6 Maryland
7 North Carolina vs 10 NC State (play-in game)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Announcers during the game today were expecting a huge jump for the Canes in the rankings, but it is tough to know if they have any clue based in reality or just guessing based on the hot streak.

Was clear discussion around how the SEC and ACC are both in the odd spot right now of potentially having the conference winner not a top 8 national seed, but having another team(s) make it.

i don't pay much attention to baseball. What changed outside of Thompson getting hurt? TIA
How good are we?

Advertisement
Boarcane I posted this in another thread:

It is really fun watching our canes grow and develop into a dangerous team this year. From how they started the year to now I've enjoyed watching players grow into roles, the bullpen become a consistent strength (Garcia), the fielding percentage improved dramatically, the young hitters developing (collins, abreu etc.) senior leadership grow (Palmer) and the team learning how to win close one run games. Next I'd like to see Zunica develop into our Pinch Hitter for this year and to give him experience to take over for Fieger next year.

I don't know how far we go but I am looking forward to watching to see the Canes compete for an ACC Title and compete in the postseason. Go Canes!

i don't pay much attention to baseball. What changed outside of Thompson getting hurt? TIA
How good are we?

How good are we?

Early in the season the freshmen were not playing that well (Collins' especially, he was hitting well below .200 if I remember correctly), but have really picked it up as of late. Having Thompson in this lineup would have been great, because we're pretty bad from 5 to 9 in the order. But at the same time, we improved in the field once Thompson went down - Ruiz was playing great at third, and Michaelangeli seems alright defensively.

But really, this team will go as our pitchers go - we have won a lot of 2-1 games. Diaz and Suarez have been incredible and remarkably consistent. Radziewski is very hot/cold, but when he is feeling it, he's pretty much unhittable.

Announcers during the game today were expecting a huge jump for the Canes in the rankings, but it is tough to know if they have any clue based in reality or just guessing based on the hot streak.

Was clear discussion around how the SEC and ACC are both in the odd spot right now of potentially having the conference winner not a top 8 national seed, but having another team(s) make it.

Bama is not gonna win this $EC!! Their schedule is brutal to finish.

Advertisement

Bama is not gonna win this $EC!! Their schedule is brutal to finish.

Agreed. They were merely commenting on the oddity at the time of those two solid baseball conferences.

Still love that bracket... but I imagine it will change a bunch over the last 2 weekends of the regular season with us and FSU both playing Duke and UNC. If we handle our business UNC won't hold on to that 5 seed... Duke might be able to hang on since they have a little buffer. If we won't handle our business we won't remain the 1 seed with UVA right on our butts.

Would it be asking too much for us to sweep both of them and have both of them sweep FSU? :)

Seeding will be huge for the Canes for this ACC tournament. If the Canes can avoid matching up with UVA or FSU until the final then there chances of winning it would go dramatically up. Go Canes!

Advertisement
IMO bottom line is if Miami doesn't kick the ball around they are one of the best teams in the country right now.

Updated again, even though there is one more ACC game tomorrow night. NC State sneaks in for the first time. Keep that Rodon sonofabitch in that other bracket.

Advertisement
Not only are FSU and Virginia going to have to play each other, one of them might have to face Rodon if NC State makes it past the play-in game.

Advertisement
Back