ACC tournament game #1 - Virginia Tech

joshdacane

Freshman
We're down 32-31, as Virginia Tech is playing out of their mind - 5 of 7 from 3, no turnovers. We're not playing poorly, really, but we've settled for 14 threes against their zone (hit 5, four of which were by Davon Reed). Reed has 12 to lead us, Brown has 7 but on 2 of 7 shooting, and Swoope has a couple of highlight dunks. Assuming VT can't play as flawlessly as they have for two halves, we should pull ahead.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow. Reverted back to familiar fashion, but rebounding kept us alive when we couldn't buy a basket.

Would be great if we come out hot tomorrow, wanna keep the season alive.

We are, after all, ACC defending champions!

VT seems to bring out the worst in us. We played well enough to survive. That's all that matters at this time of year -- bring on NC State!

Advertisement
If, big if, we can beat NC State, I think we'd have a decent shot at upsetting Syracuse.

We've played them real tough this year.

Advertisement
The chances if Miami winning the next 4 in a row are as good as me winning the powerball lottery. It ain't happening. The team exceeded expectations big time this year. I am happy with that and look forward to next season. Thank you Missouri for hiring Haith!

Eric Swoope earned his True 'Cane card this last stretch of the season. We've been playing better, as he's been a big part.

First things first. We beat VT. Tomorrow is a different game and winnable. One day at a time Canes! But sure does feel nice to get that VT monkey off our backs!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back